Anyone else having trouble deciding on a waifu/husbando? (spoilers)

Giga Man

I'm sort of having trouble.

In Nohr, I plan on doing three playthroughs so that I can husbando Leon, Marx and Lazward.

But when it comes to Hoshido...I kind of think all of the male characters either suck or are unappealing.

I have no idea who I'm going to marry. I seriously might just draw a name out of a hat or something.

On the topic of best waifu, while Velour is based on Little Red Riding Hood, doesn't she sort of resemble Nah? I thought she was a Nah expy that came out of nowhere, but that might just be me.

On the topic of best waifu, while Velour is based on Little Red Riding Hood, doesn't she sort of resemble Nah? I thought she was a Nah expy that came out of nowhere, but that might just be me.

She does resemble Nah. An older version, at least.

The fact they both can transform makes it very apparent.

I'm going to keep a few options open for me so there's variety in my playthroughs, and opens myself up to trying unconventional combos. My favorite M/F are Ryouma and Rinka, so I'll probably focus them the most, but tbh I also like the idea of Ryouma/Rinka and Suzukaze/Rinka (Suzukaze being my second favorite male) so I'll be switching a lot unless I hate their support convos or something.

Anyway I think I'll probably do

Hoshido M:

1) Ryouma

2) Suzukaze

3) Tsubaki

Hoshido F:

1) Rinka

2) Kagerou (90% str growth as berserker, 43 str cap, let's do this)

3) Kazahana (I'm going to see if I can, in any way, make her durable enough to really abuse the fuck out of Tomboy)

Nohr M:

1) Marx

2) Joker

3) Benoit

Nohr F:

1) Effie

2) Charlotte

3) idk prolly Belka?

Really I'm most interested in A+ing together Ryouma and Marx forever anyway

This is a problem for me because I'm very, very weak for certain types. As for as it goes for Nohr I have:

Lazward, Leo, Jacob, Zero, Flannel

For Hoshido I have:

Subaki, Nishiki, Takumi, Kaze

The only girls I want for my male Kamui run are Belka and Hana so I'm set.

I'm going with Camilla first because we all need that big sister love.

I really want to support Azura too because she is

Sort of the same as you, except she went to Hoshido, and it's an amusing fate(Heyoo) romance, but then she dies. Which kinda sucks, so I'll do that on the third path.

I don't really know much about the female Hoshido characters, but going by design Rinka definitely seems like a nice option.

As for my female Kamuis, I'm definitely going for Nishiki, if only so I can have an adorable kitsune daughter, I also really like Hinata's design, but know nothing about his personality, sadly.

Marx seems neat, but I'll be damned if I let any of my sons have a non-80s mullet! A lot of the male Nohr characters seem like neat options though, I'll just have to read some supports and choose one.(Probably Owain, amusing guy, mancleavage, adorable daughter, what more do you need?)

So, to answer your question... sort of.

Yeah, having trouble choosing waifu because I don't really know these characters yet. So I will decide when I get the game and plays it.

As F!Kamui, there is no doubt that I pick Jakob so I can save him from drowning in his ideals.

I'm not really the one to complete all the supports and marry every one.

So it's just going to be Suzukaze. And Silas bec that silver hair on Kanna is good.

Haven't really decided on anyone for my Mamui run.

Yeah, I have trouble because as I'm a male I cannot marry any 1st gen girl in order not to miss any child... so that's my problem. I can just marry the 4 girl characters that have only support with Kamui (which I find a bit useless with the new Attack Stance in battles) or a child character which I find pretty strange in my opinion... (but I supose I'll end up doing...)

Yeah, that really sucks, and is a poor design decision honestly. They should have added at least one extra lady that can marry 1st-gen guys. I've coped with the fact that I just shouldn't care, and I'm gonna marry who I really love (on the first playthrough at least). Subsequent playthroughs will be me marrying whoever is next in line, and since there is a second-gen on each route I'm interested in, as well as one first-gen who only supports the avatar on Hoshido that I like, I'll see all the kids eventually.

---

I guess I should explain why I listed the Hoshido characters. Hopefully, I won't sound too weird.

Rinka: I was gunning for her since day 1 of her reveal. She's strong with some nice muscles. (Them abs, tho.) She's got a cute face, too, and she's brown. (I'm black, so she was an instant eye-catcher for me.) I'm not a fan of the white hair, though. Don't get why all the brown chicks in Awakening and this game have to have light-colored hair.

Oboro: She was my #2 when I first saw her. Something about how facial expression, how smug she looks, I don't know. It just stuck with me in a good way. It makes me very curious to know more about her personality outside of her Nohr hatred. Her Japanese voice caught me completely off-guard, though. Did not expect that. (I wasn't really expecting anything to be honest.) I'm very curious what her English voice will sound like now.

Setsuna: She's really slooooowww... Normally, I'd be too impatient with someone like that, but... she's... SO... ADORABLE! (Support spoilers below)

I've seen two of her support conversations: one with Joker and the other with male Kamui. In both, she keeps falling into traps and pitfalls (FE loves using holes as a set-up, huh?) because she doesn't have a care in the world, and she just waits for someone to rescue her. By the end of the supports, the guys just fall into a trap with her. A trap of love! Literally! After they make their proposal, they somehow fall into a hole along with her. It's so cute!

(Those lips, tho.) Her design reminds me of Angel from King of Fighters, just with more clothes on. XD

Crimson: I'm not sure why I put her here to be honest. She looks attractive, her freckles were kind of an eye-catcher, and I like her personality. Her support with male Kamui was decent. She's not particularly high on the list, though.

Kinu: (Support spoilers below)

I love how playful she is. She acts just like a dog, though, which makes me feel weird. She attacks and hunts without remorse but is extremely loyal and begging for affection. She's hella adorable for it, though.

That's about it. I know I listed Orochi. She's kinda flirty, but I don't know much else about her.

Oh, I didn't list her, but I'm thinking about Sophie as well. The expression on her face in her base portrait just looks so pure. She genuinely looks like a sweet-heart. It might also be fun to break the bro code with Silas like I did to Chrom. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Clearly, I'm too into this. XD

Edited by Giga Man

Hoshido Male: Hana

I really love Hana in design, ever since the first direct in January!

Hoshido Female: Subaki (or Silas, if Sakura ends up marrying Subaki)

Not many of the Hoshidan males are appealing to me... except for Subaki. I like Silas too, but that's for my Nohr files.

Nohr Male: Anna (or Zero for second playthroughs)

I'll probably marry Azura if I can't figure out how to recruit Anna. And I'll be marrying Zero for another file!

Nohr Female: Silas (or Flannel for second playthroughs)

Silas is my favorite male in the entire game, well, up until we've seen Flannel. I really love everything about Flannel... except maybe his voice actor.

I was originally going to marry Luna in Nohr, but then support translations and spoilers happened... and I don't want to marry her anymore XD.

Hoshido:
- Asama, I like his design and his personality, that remind me, I haven't seen any translation of his supports yet.
- Orochi, She seems to have a playful style, hope she doesn't suck like Miriel through... I like Miriel design but omg her supports are so bad...
Nohr:
- Harold, who doesn't like Captain American Bad luck checks, glorious chin checks, Hero personality checks. 10/10 best husband.

- Nyx, Mysterious woman best waifu, A female mature and mysterious dark mage, my favorite kind of character~