NICKT™

(The point of this is to get people to do a little more work on their splices' faces, so that they look less like the parts they're made of. You'd be surprised how just splicing another character's jaw onto a different face changes the look so much, so get to it.)

What's that, every mug you make looks like Hector because you just can't get enough of those eyes that make your panties soak?
Maybe you need a little of this an' a little of that, so that's why you're here an' I'm givin' you just the tip, so shut the fuck up and read.

Now, when I splice I focus on faces first, so let's get erase everything we don't need.
2isgl6q.png

Normally I erase the hair as well, but you're a bunch of losers and this is a quick fix so calm the fuck down and deal.
Get rid of that extra space too, there are kids in Africa dying without you wasting all that space.

29124go.png

Now, generally the more parts you have, the better, but because I want to nail some points home I'm only going to be using the two mostly known and used mugs from FE7, so here we go.
33wac6c.png
What I've done here is copy Hectors face from the middle of the nose down and just short of Hector's ear onto Eli's face. After that I thinned the nose down to make it fit better with the angle and Eli's thin nose bridge. If you look at Eli's face, his eye's in particular you'll see they're on the same horizontal level unlike Hector's, which are tilted to match the angling of the face, so I brought up the bottom of Eli's far eye by one pixel, then lowered his closer eye by the same and also brought up the bottom line by one pixel to make them smaller.

Now let's take away the hair.
f26liw.png
With my edits he looks less like his parts, but you can still see the Eliwood in his eyes and the handsome jaw of Mr Hector, so what we're going to do next is try and remove a little bit more of that resemblance.
zm1fuo.png
Scratching in the top of the ear and basing it on Hector's, adding Markus' forehead, fringe and eyebrows, Lloyd's eyes and Gietz' mouth combine to give the face more of a "Less Hectiwood" look. Now, the easiest way to identify faces is to read the facial triangle, simply, imagine an upside down triangle from the two eyes down to the nose and mouth, it's what lends most to people looking alike. You can see our new sprite has completely different eyes, but his nose is slim like Eliwood's but has Hector's shaping making it hard to identify it's source.

And there we have it, now go and splice some better mugs you cunts.

Done, now I'm going to go masturbate.

Edited by NICKT™

nioce hair splice tutorial nickt, other then the final shape of the hair on the splice looking fracking awful on that body, noice job regardless.

It's not that bad.

Dat random long strand from the back of his head~

I'll probably get back to it in a year and make it look better, probably make it come more from the top of his hair to make it seem more logical, but atm I'm lazy.

the commentary though

you should have wrote to make all the skin palletes match early so people don't have problems later because that part can be annoying....

I would have done it earlier if the skin tones were drastically different, but they were all pinkies so it wasn't that hard to just rough-ball before palette-crunching at the end.

Updated the final mug a bit.

29binaw.png

Took out the hair strand, I liked it originally as it sort of made the hair look less like Eph's but overall I felt it hurt the mug more.

Updated the final mug a bit.

29binaw.png

Took out the hair strand, I liked it originally as it sort of made the hair look less like Eph's but overall I felt it hurt the mug more.

yeah that one's for sure a better choice

I followed the tutorial but I have no idea what I was doing. Is this correct?

3f62c6dbf5b698640ef8b58bb8ec6ec3.png

It's hard to tell, but there's definitely a little Sain and Serra in there.

good contribution, klok.