What program is everyone using to play the games?

Baronriggs

I believe most have imported a copy like me. Some physical, some downloaded onto Japanese 3DS's they already owned.

Do you own a Japanese 3DS? Or are you playing on a patched American 3DS?

I doubt RegionFour (the one that requires Cubic Ninja) will offer any better compatibility.

Someone who's more knowledgeable can correct me, but RegionFour just allows the RegionThree exploit for a wider variety of firmware (aka some more recent ones).

TBH, RegionThree/Four are a bit fussy with games, especially complex ones like Fates, which probably has many checks due to the multiple versions.

I'd like to know if region three/four works also. I have an imported copy of the game but I haven't been able to pick up a Japanese 3ds yet and if I could just get mine to work, I won't get a Japanese one so soon lol.

Also in the Japanese 3DS boat. Bought it for Awakening when it wasn't certain to be localized and it works just as well here.

I have a Japanese 3DS. Playing import games any other way is just too much of a hassle. It was worth it though because there are a lot of games I wanted to play that would never make it over here. Dragon Quest 7! Goddamn it Square Enix!!