• personality
    • support conversation
    • not as good looking
    • racial bias
    • I actually like them
    • I like them but not as much as Nohr
    • other
    • I like them equally

So I have been lurking here quite a bit.

And whenever Hoshido charas are brought up, all I hear is either hate or indifference.

Is it because of the characters design?

Is it because of their "dull" personality?

Is it because they don't have good support?(I havent read them myself yet)

Is it because the men are not as handsome and the females not as well endowed?

Racial bias? I know this sounds stupid but I have seen quite a few people on other sites who said"down with the asian trash and all glory to the west" I am not sure if that was trolling though.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Nohr characters. I also like Camilla who is criticized as Ms Fanservice( people complain about everything nowdays) in fact I love both sides.

That's why it saddens me that Hoshido doesn't get any love. The majority of threads here are dedicated to Nohr charas as well(not complaining just noticing).

How would you change the hoshido characters to make them more to your liking?

If it turns out because of the supports and personalities, I hope IS will give them all support convos in the 3rd path to make both sides equally likeable.

Edited by RadiantDragon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Plus I haven't seen this hate as much. Either it's that they are okay, or that they're better. I personally really like them, I think Hoshido is better then Nohr. And that's all that I need.

Plus design is very appealing to me.

Edited by DualMix

I wouldn't, I prefer their designs for the most part tbh

I wish there's more supports translated of them, though, I had to put in 2 requests to a translator for Ryoma supports because he had so little translated compared to any of the Nohrian siblings until like, yesterday, and it sucks. Hopefully more of them get translated soon

^ Plus I haven't seen this hate as much. Either it's that they are okay, or that they're better. I personally really like them, I think Hoshido is better then Nohr. And that's all that I need.

Plus design is very appealing to me.

Hmm really? I see a lot of people saying they hate Takumi or how dull Ryoma is ect...maybe I haven't been lurking in the right parts.

But I suppose you are right. I shouldn't worry about other peoples taste, I am just a bit sad that it is so onesided though.

Edited by RadiantDragon

Hmm really? I see a lot of people saying they hate Takumi or how dull Ryoma is ect...maybe I haven't been lurking in the right parts.

Ironically, it appears that many people's opinions of the characters is affected by what they do in the other route from where you recruit them. For instance,

Takumi is mainly hated for being a persistent brat in the Nohr route, and Ryouma being boring I attribute to the fact that his actions in the Nohr path, particularly his death, weren't quite as emotional or dramatic as Xander's was.

This might change though when we have more support convos translated so we get a better idea of what they are like.

I would only say that I hate Hinoka. She has an ugly design and an ugly personality to go with it imo.

The rest I either have a small disliking for or I feel completely indifferent towards. I guess their designs and/or personalities just don't interest me as much as the Nohr characters manage to.

My only exception is Hana.

I like Hana quite a bit.

I would only say that I hate Hinoka. She has an ugly design and an ugly personality to go with it imo.

I think you mean Camilla.

Jk, I like them Hinoka both.

Ironically, it appears that many people's opinions of the characters is affected by what they do in the other route from where you recruit them.

This is usually what I see. Ryouma is cool... I guess. I wouldn't call Takumi a brat but he certainly is persistent.

Some people don't like Takumi cause he doesn't really trust you, which I think is perfectly realistic considering the circumstances..

Edited by DualMix

I like more characters on the Hoshido side than Nohr to be honest.

While there are some characters on the latter side that are really entertaining there are also those I really grown to dislike among theme being Camilla whose design is silly and her clingy attitude with Kamui is rather creepy or Charlotte and also Pieri both I find to be pretty annoying. On the plus side there are characters like Benoit, Arthur/Harold, Marx, or Elise who make up for it.

As of now I like the Hoshido characters more than the Nohr characters. However, I'm not vocal about it at all on the forums aside from passing comments that "I prefer Hoshido" or "I like a specific character". Nor do I care to be vocal about which characters I don't like aside from a quick mention.

While there are some people who can be legitimately kind of scary about how much they dislike Hoshido, I think most people are just non-vocal, kind of like me, so the ones who make the most stink tend to come off as the "majority opinion" when they're not.

Eeeh? I actually like the Hoshido designs over the Nohr designs. You gotta admit, some of the Nohr designs are kinda silly-looking. Hi Camilla and Charlotte. I'm not sure whether that places me in the majority or minority, since a lot of people on here prefer the Nohr side of things... ^^;

Edited by TheGhosteon

Speaking generally (very generally) the hoshidan personalities are a bit... bland. Especially when comparing the siblings to each other. There are exceptions of course, but just generally the characters don't have a ton of depth to them in Hoshido.

Hoshido has overall better designs then Nohr imo, and its characters and siblings appeal to me more.

Not to say Nohr's are bad.

Edited by Jedi

I finally made an account to post here. >.>

Anyway, my favorite character, just from appearance and design and what little I know of the personality, is Saizou.

(Also, why is it that no one seems to care about that guy? He looks like a badass - and his Japanese voice actor is spot-on - and his crit animation is amazing! I could go on and on... but I digress)

I actually really like a lot of the Hoshido characters, but I must admit, the design of 2/4 of the royal family were "meh" for me, whereas Nohr had 4/4. I don't really care, since I'll be playing both sides, but since the royal families are slapped all over everything for this game, if you don't like their design it can get rather annoying.

It might be just me, it's just that Nohr seems to be blabantly better than Hoshido in a lot of way.

The subordinate are better too, heck, I hate myself for saying this, but even the NotFEA's character are better. (somebody kill me for saying this.)

Nohr is full of memetic, interesting, endearing characters like Camilla, Marx, Harold, Elfie. Hoshido is full of your common happy-go-lucky tropes from X shonen manga.
Same for the design... kinda, Ryouma is not bad at all, but the rest meh... :/

Hoshido is just so freaking... dull compared to Nohr.

Again, that might just be me, and hey, I'm only speaking character wise.

Saying that I 'hate' them is a bit too strong, I'm mostly indifferent towards them.

Except for Takumi. #BlameTakumi.

Edited by B.Leu

I just have been more interested in Nohr from the very start, so I looked up more info on that. I don't really know much about the Hoshido characters so I prefer the ones from Nohr.

I just adore all of the characters. There hasn't been one I dislike yet. Sure a couple of them are pretty 'meh', but then it's just indifference. I think there's just a cycle where some people think Nohr is better, more stuff about Nohr gets translated and shared, Nohr looks more interesting, etc, etc. Hoshido doesn't have a lot of stuff translated so it's difficult to get to know the characters.

I actually like the Hosido characters just fine. Having seen them in action now, I'm pretty good with all of them. Except for Rinka's really poor growth's, but that's what mid-chapter saves will be for. I'm a dirty cheater. I wonder if there's an option to exit to the main menu whenever you want...

I find it difficult to like the Hoshido siblings more than the Nohr ones, merely due to the fact you actually were raised by those in Nohr, you have a sense of familiarity with them as your adoptive family. Your Hoshido kin from what I know you don't really have that much of a history with due to the last time you met them your character was probably too young to even remember.

Other than that.. Hoshido seems alright and I haven't really seen much dislike for them.

Just judging by the poll alone, it seems that not a lot of people hate Hoshido ?

I mean, it's an even half that say "I actually like them" ~

I personally adore Hoshido, I've loved all of their character designs a lot more than Nohr since the game was first announced ~

Plus, once you play the Hoshido side, you really get insight on their different personalities, why they act as they do, etc;

for example, Takumi really starts warming up to you // being nicer, but I've always liked him, he has the most realistic reaction towards Kamui, imo

Just judging by the poll alone, it seems that not a lot of people hate Hoshido ?

I mean, it's an even half that say "I actually like them" ~

I personally adore Hoshido, I've loved all of their character designs a lot more than Nohr since the game was first announced ~

Plus, once you play the Hoshido side, you really get insight on their different personalities, why they act as they do, etc;

for example, Takumi really starts warming up to you // being nicer, but I've always liked him, he has the most realistic reaction towards Kamui, imo

Of the 75 voters, only five said they don't like the Hoshidans. And I agree on Takumi; he really only butts heads with you for like four chapters total, the comes back a few chapters later as your friend.

Honestly, Hoshido is great. Some of the units have awful growths and the batons look silly, but the characters are great. My only complaint is

the Awakening expies in Nohr are justfied because they are actually the same characters travelling thtough dimensions, but the ones in Hoshido are just "reincarnations" with the exact same appearance and personality.