Are children worth it?

I'm doing a hard classic no grind playthrough and wanted to ask are children worth the effort? If they are could you recommend some pairings please. Thank you.(also miriel died and I forgot to reset so no Laurent.)

Yeah,they are,just make sure everyone who can get galeforce gets it, also, Mamu,Gaius and Donnel pass down Pegasus knight to daugter, so pair them with Nowi,Sully or Tharja.

They have a slight hump to get over getting started, and then are really strong... So it depends how good of shape you're in and how good you are at funneling exp into someone quickly.

Hard isn't hard enough for individual pairings' strengths and weaknesses to really be apparent, so which ones you use won't matter much.

just make sure everyone who can get galeforce gets it

That's not important since he's not playing with a full team.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Thank you I also have a question regarding cordelia. Should I use her, sumia has:

Str:17 Mag:6 skill:18 spd: 18+2 lck: 13 def:11 res:13 at level 13

Whil cordelia has

Str:10 mag:3 skill:14 spd: 12+2 lck:9 def:8 res:9 at level 8

Thanks again in advance

Children are very powerful characters, and if nothing else you should focus on working for Lucina and Chrom's second child, since you will end up inevitably getting the former anyway. Also, Morgan is basically a deity among your army pretty much no matter who you ship your avatar with, so definitely work on getting them if you can. If Morgan ends up with a sibling, that is basically double the power, to boot.

This all being said, though, be mindful that you are not distributing exp too many different units at once, especially taking into account that the children will be getting a portion of the available exp for themselves as well, once you start using them.

Edited by Tamarsamar

For the TC: Expounding on what I said about the children, the earlier the associated parent joins, the easier their paralogue is. Thus, you might as well forget about getting Inigo (Olivia's son) and Gerome (Cherche's son) - even if you ever got to marry their mothers off, odds are by the time you were in good shape for their respective paralogues, it'd likely be too late to try and incorporate them into the team.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Maribelle and lissa are at level 10 and I have a second seal lying around should I reclass one of them to the Pegasus knight line or should I just wait for a better time?

Also is there anyway to grind supports outside story chapters WITHOUT levelling them up? Seeds of trust are very rare.

Edited by EarthboundAddict

I wouldn't send either of them to base Peg. They'll be at E, with poor Str and cut off from their free Staff exp, and will probably drop off.

If you want to build support with no exp gained whatsoever, you can do so (very slowly) using DGs while unequipped. Waiting for Barracks events also works, but that's slow and not advised. In general, I just wait for them naturally and sometimes save Paralogues for later if I need to build it quickly with a latecoming unit. You can also possibly squeeze out support gains a chapter faster by learning the numbers behind the mechanic, and then counting how much you're getting by hand (info here and here)- in general it won't make too much of a difference, but you can figure out things like who to prioritize, who to give Event Tiles to and when to use Seeds of Trust for maximum effect.

Alright, these are the pairings I'm using

Chrom x Olivia MMU x Nowi Maribelle x Henry Sully x Donnel Sumia x Frederick Cordelia x Lon'qu Panne x Gregor

Tharja x Gaius Cherche x Vaike and Lissa x Ricken

Are they any good? If so should I change the children's class lines or just leave them as they are

Alright, these are the pairings I'm using

Chrom x Olivia MMU x Nowi Maribelle x Henry Sully x Donnel Sumia x Frederick Cordelia x Lon'qu Panne x Gregor

Tharja x Gaius Cherche x Vaike and Lissa x Ricken

Are they any good? If so should I change the children's class lines or just leave them as they are

Vaike!Gerome isn't very good, honestly, unless you're marrying him, in which case he'll make morgan the physically strongest unit in the game at +11 str mod. I generally prefer Henry!Gerome since then he gets some decent hit bonus skills.

...But that's for postgame. Ingame he'll be totally fine and probably very awesome.

Edited by Alastor15243

I generally prefer Henry to be brady's father because he passes down the dark Mage line and in my past playthroughs sorcerer Brady was almost always the most powerful unit only behind Morgan and Nah. Hell, in one playthroughs I married Henry!Brady and Morgan ended up with a 62 mag cap in the sage class.

I heard stahl!Gerome is decent should I try that?

I generally prefer Henry to be brady's father because he passes down the dark Mage line and in my past playthroughs sorcerer Brady was almost always the most powerful unit only behind Morgan and Nah. Hell, in one playthroughs I married Henry!Brady and Morgan ended up with a 62 mag cap in the sage class.

I heard stahl!Gerome is decent should I try that?

...I can't speak from much experience about in-game since I never use Gerome in-game, but... eh, he's decent for postgame. He's great if you pair him up with a physical girl with an obscene amount of speed, to the point where she doesn't need berserker's bonus, and then he'll function really well as a hit+20 bowfaire warrior support for her. Otherwise, Berserker is a way better class in general as a hard support because it gives you 5 more speed.

Also, just so you know, I'd personally consider Henry wasted on Brady when he can have Virion or Lon'qu. Brady's really the only galeboy aside from a male Morgan capable of having speed that can be classified as "good" (3 or more). Ingame sorcerer's a godsend, but just be warned that lon'qu!Brady will be far more useful for postgame.A

Aaaand to be perfectly frank if you're using Brady, you're probably postgame since he's a pain in the ass to get galeforce for and raise.

Edited by Alastor15243

I see, I also have a question regarding my avatar. You see I made his asset magic and flaw luck... But for some reason he only has mag stat of 14 but a strength stat of 19. Does his luck flaw contradict with his magic, can I reclass him to fix this?

I see, I also have a question regarding my avatar. You see I made his asset magic and flaw luck... But for some reason he only has mag stat of 14 but a strength stat of 19. Does his luck flaw contradict with his magic, can I reclass him to fix this?

Luck very slightly nerfs growths and mods for both strength and magic. I think you might've gotten weird growths, but I think the tactician class MIGHT have a higher strength growth than magic, so it's not absurdly unlikely this could happen. I just recently got a ludicrously defense-screwed manakete nah, so I know these things can happen. It's why I hate percentage growths and wish the fire emblem series would just friggin' do fixed growths already.

Luck very slightly nerfs growths and mods for both strength and magic. I think you might've gotten weird growths, but I think the tactician class MIGHT have a higher strength growth than magic, so it's not absurdly unlikely this could happen. I just recently got a ludicrously defense-screwed manakete nah, so I know these things can happen. It's why I hate percentage growths and wish the fire emblem series would just friggin' do fixed growths already.

Can I fix it by reclassing to a more magic based class like a Mage or priest?

Can I fix it by reclassing to a more magic based class like a Mage or priest?

Oh in this game getting stat screwed is no big deal for precisely that reason: infinite potential levels. I love second seals so much. Go for mage/sage and gain some levels and your magic will be great.

I generally prefer Henry to be brady's father because he passes down the dark Mage line and in my past playthroughs sorcerer Brady was almost always the most powerful unit only behind Morgan and Nah.

What about Laurent? He's pretty much an infinitely superior version of Brady. Comes with weapon levels? Check. Comes with decent skills? Check. Comes with DM as a reclass from his mom? Check. Comes with a higher Mag mod from his mom than Brady? Check. Comes in an easily accessible Paralogue? Check. His mom is a good unit? Also check.

Brady is actually pretty much the worst child in the game (outside of DLC/postgame) due to his slow start issues, so if he's working well for you... You should see the others.

What about Laurent? He's pretty much an infinitely superior version of Brady. Comes with weapon levels? Check. Comes with decent skills? Check. Comes with DM as a reclass from his mom? Check. Comes with a higher Mag mod from his mom than Brady? Check. Comes in an easily accessible Paralogue? Check. His mom is a good unit? Also check.

Brady is actually pretty much the worst child in the game (outside of DLC/postgame) due to his slow start issues, so if he's working well for you... You should see the others.

To be fair, in this particular run, according to the OP, Miriel is dead and Laurent is therefore unrecruitable, so he can't try that this game.

I've read that the children's base stats are determined by the parents base level and how far they grew from it. So say I married off a level 18 sumia to a level 3 Frederick, as you can see sumia grew drastically since I first recruited her but Frederick meh not so much, how would Cynthia's base stats turn out

I've read that the children's base stats are determined by the parents base level and how far they grew from it. So say I married off a level 18 sumia to a level 3 Frederick, as you can see sumia grew drastically since I first recruited her but Frederick meh not so much, how would Cynthia's base stats turn out

That's not really true. The child units base stats are worked out like this:

[(mother’s current stats – mother’s class base stats) + (father’s current stats – father’s class base stats) + child’s absolute base stats] / 3 + child’s class base stats

Cynthia's absolute base stats are:

HP 7

STR 5

MAG 2

SKL 4

SPD 10

LCK 17

DEF 6

RES 6

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/classes/base-stats/ <-- Class base stats

And only you know what Sumia + Frederick's current stats are.

The parent's level has nothing to do with what the child units stats will be when you first recruit them, only their stats will. Plus, even if Cynthia starts out with bad stats, so long as you spend some time training her she'll be able to catch back up quickly. The child's base stats do not effect their max stats, it will just take a bit longer to reach them, so having bad bases isn't really a problem, especially if you have the EXPonential growth DLC.