The Official Create-a-Personal Skill Topic

Titamon

Since FE: Fates has added unit specific skills, I thought it would be fun if we got to make skills for previous fire emblem characters. Take a character from any pre-fates fire emblem and give them a unique skill.

And try to make it fit the character guys.

Here's some of mine:

FE7

Lyn: Quick Draw- If the user's AS is greater than the opponent's, then the user gets +20% crit and strikes 1st.

Bartre: Reckless- Increases attack by 4, but reduces defence by 3 and crit avoid by 5.

Guy: Duelist- Gains WTA when facing a sword using foe, but doubles WTD when facing a lance using foe.

Sain: Bravado- +1 attack, +1 defence, +5 hit, +5 avoid for each female unit in a 3 square radius.

Rath: Loner- +10 hit, +10 avo and +10 crit when no allied units are within 3 squares.

Athos: Arcane Lore- Increases the effectiveness of tomes and staves and tomes by 25%.

FE8

Lute: Prodigy- If the user's skill stat is greater than the opponents, then damage output increases by 4.

FE7

Canas: Knowledge is Power- When carrying 4 or more tomes, +2 damage and +5% critical.

Florina: Androphobia- When facing a male in combat, +10% avoid and damage received -1.

Matthew: Skulker- When in mountains, forests, or pillars, or during rain, snow, fog, or darkness, this unit gains +10% avoid and +10% critical.

FE8

Joshua: Gambler- +5 luck on even turns and -5 luck on odd turns.

FE13:
Chrom:Reckless- Weapons break twice as fast , however Strength stat is raised by 5.

Henry: Bloodlust- +10% critical under 50% HP.

Owain:Laterality- +10 Avoid, Hit, and Crit when equipped with a Sword.

Nice, someone else did this so I don't have to =D

FE9&10:

Rhys: Kind Soul - HP healed with staves +10 but damage dealt -3

Shinon: Sub-human Hater - damage +5 against Laguz

Gatrie: Womanizer - Receive increased support bonuses from female characters (x1.5?)

Mia: Challenge Seeker - After each battle, Hit, Avoid and Critical +5 until next Player Phase

Ilyana: Big Eater - Receive doubled effect from consumable items

Lethe: Human Hater - damage +3 against humans

Kieran: Reckless Charge - Critical +10, critical damage increased (x4), but when landing a critical hit, take damage equal to half of own normal attack

Zihark: Laguz Sympathiser - critical + 15 when allied Laguz is within 2 tile radius

Tormod: Friend of Laguz - damage +5 when a friendly Laguz is within 2 tile radius. Damage -3 instead when fighting against Laguz

Haar: Nap Savant - Waiting will restore 20% of max HP

Meg: Country Girl - Movement +1 when outside

Sanaki: Imperial Authority - damage +3 and critical +5 against Begnion-aligned enemies

FE13:

Virion: Show-off - Strength, Skill and Speed +2 if paired up with or adjacent to a female

Kellam: Low Presence - Enemies won't target him if they have other possible targets

Cordelia: Unrequited Love - all stats +1 when Chrom is within 3 tile radius

Nowi: Playfulness - Hit and Avoid +3 for each tile moved before attacking

Cherche: Minervykins <3 - Strength and Speed +3 as Wyvern Rider or Wyvern Lord

Kjelle: Heavy Trainer - receives doubled Weapon Experience

Noire: Berserk - damage +3 after taking damage. The bonus decreases by 1 at the start of every turn

Kjelle: Heavy Trainer - receives doubled Weapon Experience

Discipline does exactly the same thing and already exists in Awakening.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Eliwood: Sparring Lessons-When fighting a unit whose Defense is higher than your Strength, this unit gains +3 damage and 10% crit.

Hector: Wild Swing-When this unit misses an attack, there is Luck % chance that the enemy will receive half damage from the attack anyway.

Edited by Kyea

Discipline does exactly the same thing and already exists in Awakening.

I'm aware. I left it that way because it fits her (as far as I remember, her characterization is "training, training, training").

Marth: Dolphin Slash: Command skill that attacks an enemy using normal variables, however you cannot double them and they will not counter attack.

Nabarl: Dual Wield: Attack again similar to adept but use the second weapon in the inventory slot.

OgmaL Survivor: Can only be killed when at 1HP but all healing effects are halved.

Ardan: Divine Pity: Gains twice as much experience as normal (can be stacked with Paragon).

Ronan: Magic Arrow: 50% to use the magic stat instead of the strength stat when attacking. Still targets defense regardless.

Shanam: Astrum: Skill% chance. Attack five times dealing a quarter normal damage.

Wolt: Quick Draw: Can use Bows at one range.

Roy: Balance: Can gain an extra ten levels before promoting -_-

Lyn: Extreme Speed: Can double if you are just 1 AS higher than opponent.

Hector: Rend: Aside from damage, attacks reduce an enemy's defense by 5 (after damage is dealt).

Eliwood: Steadfast: Cannot be doubled (so you don't have to use all the body rings to make Durundal worth it).

I like the idea for this thread, but I can see how it would be kind of difficult to keep track of what has already been posted for somebody who just arrived and wants to post something. Maybe if the OP scanned the posts and updated the first post to have lists of suggestions per character with the appropriate attributions?

But everyone's a critic...

I don't really like conditional +stat modifiers, they don't seem super interesting to me. I also don't like "character gains X but Y" where X is good and Y is bad, in my experience that format makes the character worse, not better. I'll see what I can come up with.

Nephanee: Wrangler: If an enemy unit with less than 50% health moves away from Nephanee, she gains the ability to move through enemy units into an adjecent spot on the next turn.

Soren: Kingmaker: Increases tome range by 1 if Ike is adjacent, is at full health, and has no negative status effects.

Alm: Demon Reincarnation - for each level gained, add 0.2 to Attack (max 10). Round down for all decimals.

Celica: Mila's Might - Command: loses x2 HP from tome used in order to raise Magic, Skill, and Speed by 5.

Roy: Apprenticeship - in a three-tile radius, take an ally's greatest non-HP stat growth, divide by 5 (round down for all decimals), and add to Roy's stat growth. If said ally has equally high non-HP stat growths, take the first equally high stat in coding order (Str/Mag, Skl, Spd, Def, Res, Lck) and discard the rest.

Leif: Marching On - reduce an adjacent ally's Fatigue by 2 each turn (activates at end of Player Phase).

Leif: Marching On - reduce an adjacent ally's Fatigue by 2 each turn (activates at end of Player Phase).

That would have to have some kind of turn limit for effectiveness otherwise it would completely break the fatigue system outside of LTC.

That would have to have some kind of turn limit for effectiveness otherwise it would completely break the fatigue system outside of LTC.

Fair enough. Was thinking more of an efficient playthrough when I made that up.

Would the first five or ten turns be breaking the Fatigue system?

Actually maybe it would be better if it only worked provided Leif killed an enemy that turn, or activated upon killing an enemy. You wouldn't be able to abuse it by sitting there waiting for everyone fatigue to drop and it wouldn't have to depend on something as variable as an expected turn count. Failing that though I imagine 10 turns is reasonable. You could grind down twenty fatigue per chapter but it would depend on standing beside Leif constantly instead of doing stuff so there'd be a trade off.

Fomortiis: Demon skin

Negates criticals and ranged attacks of non-sacred weapons.

Halves dmg,10% hp returned each round.

Lyon: Dark thoughts

Vs. Erika -15 hit +15 evade and critical evade

Vs. Ephraim +5 dmg and def

Valter: Bloodlust

10% of dmg returned as hp

Effect is double when enemy below half hp.

Innes: Competitiveness- +3 strength when he is adjacent to Ephraim.

Seth: Gallant Knight- Increases Defence and resistence by 2 to all unpromoted allies that are adjacent to him.

Forde: Zzzzz....- If Forde doesn't attack in his turn, he restores 10% of his health. However, his hit rate will decrease by 10%.

Arthur: Devout- When using Light magic, Magic and resistence increases by 2.

Neimi: Reassurance- Strength and skill +1 when Colm is adjacent to her.

Donzla: L'Arachel's vassal- Strength and Defence +3 when Adjacent to L'Arachel.

Rennac: Cowardly- Evasion increases by 15% when attacked by an overleveled unit. (This is kinda like Underdog, but it only boosts evasion)

Kent/Seth:Protection-Give all units weaker then him*,or Lyn/Eirika,within three spaces +5 Defense and +5 Resistance.

*Level Wise.Don't know how to word it otherwise...

Hector: Rend: Aside from damage, attacks reduce an enemy's defense by 5 (after damage is dealt).

There is already a skill named Rend, though.

I'm aware. I left it that way because it fits her (as far as I remember, her characterization is "training, training, training").

Thing is she can even inherit the Discipline skill from her mother, which makes your suggestion even more superfluous.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I like the idea for this thread, but I can see how it would be kind of difficult to keep track of what has already been posted for somebody who just arrived and wants to post something. [bold]Maybe if the OP scanned the posts and updated the first post to have lists of suggestions per character with the appropriate attributions?[/bold]

But everyone's a critic...

I don't really like conditional +stat modifiers, they don't seem super interesting to me. I also don't like "character gains X but Y" where X is good and Y is bad, in my experience that format makes the character worse, not better. I'll see what I can come up with.

Nephanee: Wrangler: If an enemy unit with less than 50% health moves away from Nephanee, she gains the ability to move through enemy units into an adjecent spot on the next turn.

Soren: Kingmaker: Increases tome range by 1 if Ike is adjacent, is at full health, and has no negative status effects.

Yeah, I'll do this when the topic grows to more than one page.

Cordelia: Jack of all Trades- Borrows the personal skill of the highest supported ally in a 3 tile radius or takes the personal skill of a paired up unit automatically.

Yarne: Mortality- When under half HP this unit gains +20 avoid, -3 damage received, and -3 damage.

Panne: Kin Protector- When this unit is the back unit in a defensive stance, the front unit receives -2 damage received and +2 ability to double attack.

Lets see if I can come up with some personal skills.

Lugh: Extra sweets- Empty inventory spaces are filled with sweets, each healing 15 hp. Sweets dissapear after the end of the battle.

Marcus: Tutoring- Units that Marcus can support with gain a 10% boost in growths if they gain a level while adjecent to Marcus.

Oliver:Protector of beauty- Oliver takes the damage if a Heron thats adjecent to him gets attacked.

Wolt: Milk brothers- Wolt and Roy have their attack boosted by 3 when in support range.

Mirriel: Research- Avoid +20 during the battle phase if she gets attacked by a unit of the same class as one that has attacked before.

Niime: forgotten spell- Can use the freeze command to freeze 3 tiles of water each turn.

Hawkeye: Dessert dweller- No movement penalties in desserts.

Ogma/Dieck: Superstar- Arena rewards are 50% higher then normal.

Roy: Young Lion- Every chapter Roy gains +1 hit and +1 avoid. (e.g. Chapter 5 = +5 hit and +5 avoid, Chapter 20 = +20 hit and + 20 avoid)

Ninian: Tranquility- Units who receive Ninian's dance gain +5 hit, avoid, and crit. If Ninian uses the wait command, she gains +15 avoid.

Nils: Invigoration- Units who receives Nils' dance gain +1 move and +1 damage. If Nils uses the wait command he gains -2 damage received.