New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

The Setting

New Arkham, Minnesota was one of those quaint little Towns that straddled the border between the idyllic purity of rural lifestyle and the decadent convenience of modernity. It was blessed with the peculiar quality that the young teens growing up in it felt a stifling oppression from the seeming lack of options it provided, yet come fifteen to twenty years later they would find themselves longing for a return to the simpler, more refreshing days of their youth. Indeed, one such generation of friends had grown up, moved away, and returned. Each of them had acquired and brought back with them their own experiences.

To call the tensions that have arisen from the clash of newly competing and dissimilar worldviews a civil war would be overstating the matter. Yet such a sentiment is not completely without merit, and indeed, the days to come would find that a conflict not wholly unexpected had finally reached a flashpoint. One spark from the outside was all that it took to bring to the surface something that had long been brewing underneath. The discovery of the unexplainable tragedy at the Whateley Farm--the incomprehensible, otherworldly horror behind the deaths of that poor family, and the events that followed from it--was just such a spark. The streets are now lined with daily lynch mobs, ostensibly for the purpose of bringing justice and restoring the Township to a state of peaceful serenity. Whether or not such a goal will prove possible is yet to be seen...

Introduction

This game is a game for 17 people, and it is a "Bastard Mod" game. In the interests of being upfront and letting players know, at least somewhat, what they're getting into, I'm outlining whether or not the game includes particular elements that I would consider to fall under the "Bastard" umbrella. If there's a specific concern of yours that is not addressed, and may affect your desire to sign-up for the game, don't hesitate to ask.

This game has the following Bastard elements:

1) Players may have exceptionally ridiculous sounding roles, with equally ridiculous powers.

2) Players' roles may change due to events outside their control.

3) Players' factions may change due to events outside their control.

4) Players may be given incomplete information by the Host.

5) Players may be given superfluous information by the Host.

The following Bastard elements will not be present:

1) The Host will not explicitly lie to any player.

2) Nothing in the game will be "made up as it goes along" (except for flavor). Everything that happens in the game will happen for a reason.

Rules

The game's ruleset will mostly follow my traditional ruleset, with a few tweaks here and there. Barring any last minute changes, the rules you see below will be the rules used throughout the game.

1) Have fun.

2) Be active.

3) This game is NOC.

4) Every user has a Role PM. It will tell you your character, your role, your alliance, and your win conditions.

4a) If anything in the Role PM stands in contradiction with these rules, the Role PM takes precedence.

5) Voting must take place in a ##Vote: USER format.

5a) At the end of the day, the user with the most votes will be lynched.

6) If you have an action and do not wish to use it, you must send the host a PM saying PHASE X: IDLING.

7) The game will begin with Day 1.

8) Day Phases will last 72 hours. Extensions may be granted, but do not take them for granted.

8a) A Day Phase will end early if the lynch target has more than two thirds of the total votes.

9) There will be a Twilight Phase following the conclusion of the Day Phase. It will last as long as the Host damn well feels like.

9a) Posting in-thread during Twilight Phase is prohibited.

10) Night Phases will last 48 24 hours, with no extension available.

10a) Night Phases will not end early.

11) There will be a Dawn Phase following the conclusion of the Night Phase. It will last as long as the Host damn well feels like.

11a) Posting in-thread during Dawn Phase is prohibited.

12) There may be an occasional Eclipse Phase. Since both solar and lunar eclipses are possible, the Eclipse Phase may occur during any other Phase, and will last as long as the Host damn well feels like.

12a) Posting in-thread during Eclipse Phase is prohibited.

12b) Time spent in Eclipse Phase will not count against the time limit of its parent Phase.

13) When in doubt, ask the Host.

ISOs

Mods:

Balcerzak

Sunwoo

Sign-ups:

1) eclipse the Town Time Anchor

2) Crysta the Traitor Neighborizer 3-shot Lie Detector.

3) Snike the Town Doctor

4) Iris, Lord Gaius

5) Wen Yang the Cult Role Cop

6) kirsche, Paperblade the Town Ascetic Nurse Voyeur.

7) Blitz the Mason Inductor

8) Marth the Town Ascetic Nurse Voyeur.

9) Terrador, Snike the Cult Astral Cop.

10) Weapons the Mafia Claim Sniper.

11) Izhuark the Cult Recruiter

12) Darros, Randa

13) Rapier, Crysta

14) SB.

15) Hunter Nightblood, the Independent Vigilante.

16) Neopolytan, Chen the Cult Martyr

17) MancerNecro the Town Astral Cop.

Subs list:

1) ???

VIEW PHASE COUNTDOWN HERE

Edited by Balcerzak

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's a bastard game, /in. But if you guys see me online and not posting in here, it means that someone, somewhere, has gotten on my nerves, and I don't want to subject you to my temper.

since this is a bastard game can i play 100% not serious like the good old golden days

(i use "good old golden days" ironically dw)

Edited by Quote

when would this start??

If it fills up over the weekend, Monday. If not, a convenient date after the roster is full. I'm flexible though, so if some people need it postponed a week so they can schedule, that would work for me.

[8:07:34 PM] Marth: I feel like joining Bal's game because its bastard

Marth: But I don't feel like typing an / in

[8:09:10 PM] Marth: I don't want to waste a post

And my fingers' energy!!

Marth says he wants to in, but too lazy to post

Edited by Blitz

I want to sign in but it's my first time so i'm not sure if it's the best party to sign up for a not to brutal experience (if you know what i mean)... I read the introduction post but i didn't really understand (since nothing whas really explained other than the basic rules) except it looked to be a more complexe version of board games i already played and guessed that the kind of thing you can't understand without learning the hard way first. (and since it's the only not already full sign-up topic i saw on the first page...) So still don't know if i made the good decision but if it's don't bother you to have a near complete beginner in this party count me in.

I already opened this topic but didn't saw eclipse post (even if it didn't really learned me anything that i didn't laready knew thank to other board games and weren't specifics to the forum version) because the first few post were very technical explanation on what you should do or not, so thinking it was an in depth discussion it just repusled me. I really don't like to read theorics thing about mindgame of a game i didn't even started even when i find it interesting and fun to read it, it just push me away from the game since i start to think of it at theorical stand point rather than a pratical stand point.

Edited by Izhuark

Honestly, this game is probably best for someone not interested in the more classic mindgames and meta theory. You're certainly welcome if you're still interested.

After I get back from work I should probably start a more aggressive recruitment strategy of PMing individual members to see if this can get some traction. If not, it'll probably have to be tabled until a later date when other commitments/etc. might be different and yield different intereted members.

Honestly, this game is probably best for someone not interested in the more classic mindgames and meta theory. You're certainly welcome if you're still interested.

After I get back from work I should probably start a more aggressive recruitment strategy of PMing individual members to see if this can get some traction. If not, it'll probably have to be tabled until a later date when other commitments/etc. might be different and yield different intereted members.

awesome!