New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If izhuark is a newbie i dont expect them to have the confidence to rp 3 paragraphs and do nothing mafia related(barring the vote ofc)

I don't get your logic

this entire post feels like too many words to justify an OMGUS, while trying to be subtle about it

what is worse is that Eclipse was a growing wagon

##Unvote##Vote: Izhuark

What actually made Izhuark's vote worse than any of the previous ones on eclipse? I take his whole role playing (I think it's role playing) as a blank space instead of a wal of text because it has absolutely no relevance to the current state of the game at all.

Even if it's an OMGUS, why is the way Izhuark did it scummy?

##Vote: Poly

What do you mean by "hey guys choose which wagon is the one I should vote"? You seem very passive and uncaring about whoever you will put your vote on, be they scum or not. I don't see this as town play.

As for Izhuark's "wall of text" (I think it was only that big because of the RP), I think that what he did was logical for a newbie. If I had to guess, he (and pretty much everyone else) wants to survive, and clipsey was the one who voted him, so he decided to go for the person who is threatening his survival in the game. Not optimal play, I know. I hope he gets better after RVS, preferably voting people who he finds scummy, otherwise it is not helpful for town at all!

By the way, how isn't Wen Yang a subtle OMGUS as well? They voted Blitz after being voted by him.

I wouldn't call it subtle and call it more of a case of having no idea on who to vote yet on my end.

Not feeling like adding to the wagons, so the guy who voted me was as good a pick as any as far as I'm concerned.

Bluedoom and Izhuark are probably not scumbuddies.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

First off, Polydeuces isn't participating in this game (I assume that Bluedoom is the one you want to vote instead). Second, the theories about OMGUS are absolute nonsense. Stop using mafia jargon to make your posts look more productive.

Bluedoom and Izhuark are probably not scumbuddies.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

First off, Polydeuces isn't participating in this game (I assume that Bluedoom is the one you want to vote instead). Second, the theories about OMGUS are absolute nonsense. Stop using mafia jargon to make your posts look more productive.

"Magnificence Incarnate" wasn't Poly? Oh well

Unvote

##Vote: Magnificence Incarnate

I'll ignore the first part. The second part is a misrepresentation of my position because I was not the one who brought theories about OMGUS. Rather, I was addressing these theories. Blitz said Izhuark's vote was an OMGUS toward clipsey, I asked him what makes him think Izhuark's vote was an OMGUS but Wen Yang's vote wasn't, because double standards are usually a slip in Mafia games.

How were my posts not contributive? There are at least three contributive things I did:

1) I voted Magnificence Incarnate (Bluedoom or Poly? idk, why do they change their names) because I wanted to press him, in basis of his passive stance toward choosing a wagon

2) I pointed a flaw within Blitz's position ("if Izhuark's vote is an OMGUS, how isn't Wen Yang's vote also an OMGUS?")

3) I've expounded on my thoughts about Izhuark, mainly why I don't find him scummy right now.

If my content is bad, address it properly and I'll answer.

##Unvote

I actually didn't realise that the second part of the post was also aimed at Blitz. But for what it's worth, I never said that your posts were completely void of content, only that it you seemed to be trying to make it seem like you'd done more than you actually had. Don't misinterpret me.

What actually made Izhuark's vote worse than any of the previous ones on eclipse? I take his whole role playing (I think it's role playing) as a blank space instead of a wal of text because it has absolutely no relevance to the current state of the game at all.

Even if it's an OMGUS, why is the way Izhuark did it scummy?

Izhuark's vote is the 3rd vote and Eclipse was already voting Izhuark on her first vote, making it OMGUS. Then Izhuark has that giant RPing as well. All in all, it feels like scum trying to escape a vote on self and make the person voting look bad, with a lot of effort.

By the way, how isn't Wen Yang a subtle OMGUS as well? They voted Blitz after being voted by him.

yeah, I don't think this is it and also,

I wouldn't call it subtle and call it more of a case of having no idea on who to vote yet on my end.

this is actually true, lol (I was expecting him to vote me, so I voted him first)

so, what are your thoughts on Izhuark, Marth, Crysta, SB and Rapier?

@Rapier, what are your thoughts on this post

also,

As for Izhuark's "wall of text" (I think it was only that big because of the RP), I think that what he did was logical for a newbie. If I had to guess, he (and pretty much everyone else) wants to survive, and clipsey was the one who voted him, so he decided to go for the person who is threatening his survival in the game. Not optimal play, I know. I hope he gets better after RVS, preferably voting people who he finds scummy, otherwise it is not helpful for town at all!

how is this something logical? When someone votes you in a game, is the first thing you are supposed to do vote them back?

1) I voted Magnificence Incarnate (Bluedoom or Poly? idk, why do they change their names) because I wanted to press him, in basis of his passive stance toward choosing a wagon

2) I pointed a flaw within Blitz's position ("if Izhuark's vote is an OMGUS, how isn't Wen Yang's vote also an OMGUS?")

3) I've expounded on my thoughts about Izhuark, mainly why I don't find him scummy right now.

1) fair

2) I didn't actually post after Wen posted and I addressed that earlier in this post

3) I do not think the normal thing to do when someone votes you is to vote them back, but, even if it was, don't you think Izhuark's disappearance after what I said is suspicious too?

After staying quiet observing for a while who whould have been a threat to the village, Alsion note than some serious accusation whas starting to be poclamed against her without apparent reason for it except her preventive and impulsive vote. It is a time of chaos were nobody know who to trust and not too the only logic is to follow your instinct, so does alison have. She goes to the main place furious of peoples mistrusting here. "If you want to know anything about me just ask rather than repanding rumors about me. I was just weighing which persorn i should vote for and made a temporary vote over it ; to show you that i'm not some cowardly bastard i'll erase my vote for know." she said angrily tearing of the vote she pinned on the the board.

##UNVOTE

"A last thing before i go, in the same fashion i accused eclipse without reason you defended her without reason other than the presumption of innocence so the accusation you apply to me could also be right for you..."

Edited by Izhuark

I've thought a bit more about this, and yes, while Wen Yang's vote seems playful, Izhuark's vote seems serious. He clearly states they were voted by someone and thus that they decided to vote back. That's a great difference.

Still, I don't see how Izhuark's vote is inherently scummy, because as far as I know OMGUSes are not an indicative of scumminess, they're just not productive and worthy being called for.

A town player can grow too protective of themselves and go for someone who has their marks set at them. I said it is logical for a newbie to act like this because Mafia is, overall, a survival game (oh really), no matter which side you are on. Since surviving is a big deal, acting against any threats to your survival seems like a good thing to do. This is how I interpret Izhuark's action, and it does seem plausible to me. Let's see how he responds.

3) I do not think the normal thing to do when someone votes you is to vote them back, but, even if it was, don't you think Izhuark's disappearance after what I said is suspicious too?

Nor do I think so, but I can see a newbie doing stuff that isn't the standard stuff people should do in Mafia. I find it silly to blame a newbie for not acting in accord to our norms when they only started playing Mafia in SF now, and it's something I see done a couple of times in SF Mafia.

For the latter part, I wouldn't call it suspicious because there are a couple of factors that might have dragged his attention away from the game (timezones, a busy schedule etc.), so it's just baseless speculation if you ask me (and since you are already suspicious of him, it leads to confirmation bias). I remember people saying the same thing about town players in other games, and using this as a point for getting them lynched latter on. I should know, I was one of these players. =P So I don't rely on this tactic.

woops, he ninja'd me while I was writing.

Ok his post is simply awful. Seems like he did not understand the situation at all. I can't tell whether there is malice or "innocence" in his action right now, I'm honestly confused.

"Once again it was a reflex, i did'nt wanted too leave my vote blank but it was not definitive therefore I didn't had any clue on anybody. So the most logical choice was to vote against the persorn that voted without any resentment. Maybe it wasn't a wise decision but it was just a blindshot... Now that i know a little more about each of you i will soon be able to help us advancing in the good direction."

Seems his instinct (I'd say survival instinct) led him to voting clipsey because she voted him (admittedly, it was an OMGUS), and that he did not think much about who he was going to vote, since he only wanted to put his vote there and participate. It seems I was right?

His vote on her seems like a null tell to me. I can't draw his alignment nor get any idea about which is it from this action alone.

@Rapier, what are your thoughts on this post

@Rapier, you forgot this

"A last thing before i go, in the same fashion i accused eclipse without reason you defended her without reason other than the presumption of innocence so the accusation you apply to me could also be right for you..."

if this is aimed at me, can you point out where I defended Eclipse?

also, what are your thoughts on Crysta and Marth? (Marth is Magnificence Incarnate)

"Once again it was a guess out of anger, but the fact that you insist to say that i wanted to bury because i was the third one and not the first to vote against her and your first phrase after your vote "what is worse is that Eclipse was a growing wagon" seem like protecting to me, even i must admit that it's not enough to accuse you so i will not do it, but she did not do anything that could inculpate her or exculpate so at the time it wasn't nor a good thing nor a bad thing for the town the eclipse had 3 vote on her. It was just to say that the fact that i was suspicious that i voted for someone for no reason other than responding to another vote is equally supsicious than defending someone just wih presomption of innoncence, it wasnt very wise i admit it and like i said i will not accuse you anymore on that matter. "

"For Crysta and Magnificence Incarnate, i don't know them much so i can't tell if their lying or not but Magnificent Incarnate wanted to make this first day quick by calling someone whose could potentially have a lots of vote. Once again if it suspicious or not is up to interpretation because a mafia member would want to kill a villager quickly in the day but on the first day whe don't really have clue except what people say. And for Crysta except tauting me she did'nt did anything special so i can't tell..."

Not feeling like adding to the wagons, so the guy who voted me was as good a pick as any as far as I'm concerned.

Cool stuff.

##Vote: Wen Yang

Looks like you're trying to pass off as a constructive townie. Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.

"It wasn't a jest it was impulsive. What do you want me to tell more about it ? She voted on me i voted stupidly on her because i could'nt think of anyone else and was sure to change my vote when i would have a little more information."