(SPOILERS) about Odin, Lazward and Luna

Nym

I hope putting spoilers in the title will be enough and totally because I don't know how to do the ''spoiler box''. Feel freearrow-10x10.png to tell me if I did something wrong.

Ok so the main topic (spoilers)

Now that we know that Odin, Lazward and Luna are in realityarrow-10x10.png Owain, Inigo and Severa of Awakening, there is something I was wondering about. If they are the same that returned to the past and joined Chrom's army for fighting Grima.

Does that mean we have canon couples for this 3 children?

I'm surprised nobody talked about it. Maybe because everyone is so busyarrow-10x10.png because of Fates (or maybe I missed a old topic and the first moderator who will read this topic will delete it in less than 5 minutes xD).

Ok so let me explain because I never really talk about what is canon and I'm sure I can be extremely wrong about this or this will not end well.

I read that Sumia could be the canon mother of Lucina because she was in the openingarrow-10x10.png cutscene of Awakening.

For me, something is cannon when it's appear elsewhere that the game that gives you multiple choicesarrow-10x10.png. (I can be wrong).

Of course, in that case, it's still in the game and it was never announced but it can be a proof.

But let go back to Odin, Lazward and Luna. Shall we?

Of course, Fate is a different game so if my theory (if we can call that a thoery) make sense. This mean their appearance in this game is canon.

In their ''artworks'', Odin has blond hair (well more darker than Benoit), Lazward has Brown hair and Severa had red hair.

Here are the fathers that could be theirs:

Odin (Owain): Vaike, Libra or Avatar with either Hair color 07 or 17

Lazward (Inigo): Stahl, Frederick or Avatar with Hair color 10

Luna (Severa): Gregor or Avatar with Hair color 02

They are some that are alike (Avatar with Hair color 10 is extremely close, almost exacly like the artwork of Lazward) and some are not.

I'm not trying to start a war or something. So do not take this too seriously. I just want the opinion of everyone.

Edited by Nym

Their haircolor is based off the official artwork. Severa could never have Cordelia's hair, and the hair colors being the default ones was likely meant to imply that there is no "canon" couples in Awakening, at least with everyone who isn't Chrom

Voidlord: I have no idea if what I'm about to say make sense but I will try...

Because the story of Fates is after Awakening, it's obvious that Cordelia, Lissa and Olivia got married at some point in the game because their children talk about how they defeated Grima.

Like I said, the hair color of the fathers doesn't match perfecly with the artworks but it's still possible.

Of course, like you said, we could say their are just based of their default artwork in Awakening.

But if they really wanted that the story in Fates follows the one in Awakening. The 3 womens got married with one of the mens I talked about earlier.

Of course, this is still a theory.

Edited by Nym

L95: Ok then, let me ask a question: How did they got their hair color? Because their mother are obviously married at some point in Awakening (of course, excluding the Awakening default artwork theory).

I wish I could show you some pictures. The one with Avatar with hair color 10 is so alike with Inigo...

Edited by Nym

I have no clue why hair color is relevant, I mean I get it it works that way in Awakening(iirc only in Awakening and not in FE4 lol) Anyways!

Yeah I think they REALLY don't want canon relationships outside of Chrom(Which I mean in Awakening opening it's obvious)

As for Owain yeah I could see Robin as a possibility everyone else I dunno maybe one day IS will tell us who they think the canon fathers are but they didn't do that for FE4 so who knows(Even though some of the canon fathers were obvious)

I believe Severa mentions hair dye at some point in the game, so yeah.

Honestly, I wouldn't think too much about them since they're only there for fan service, logic be damned. If you've read Inigo and Xander's support, you'll see just how the developers just didn't care enough to give them an explanation that made sense as to why they're there.

Edited by Thane

I forgot about hair dye although I don't undertand why they would used it (I don't think they expected to see Lucina in this world).

The random villagers theory could work but it's kinda the easy way out. (This is only my opinion of course).

However, I'm curious to know if the 3 characters had any impacts in the main story of Fates (3rd route?) or it's only fanservice.

I forgot about hair dye although I don't undertand why they would used it (I don't think they expected to see Lucina in this world).

The random villagers theory could work but it's kinda the easy way out. (This is only my opinion of course).

However, I'm curious to know if the 3 characters had any impacts in the main story of Fates (3rd route?) or it's only fanservice.

The only thing we know right now is that it is fanservice. Whether or not the try to bother with explaining why or how the fanservice exists... That's another issue altogether. Like what the other's said, the artists's used their default colors (Based on their mother's hair color) for this, so if you want to go into theory crafting these three come from an awakening verse where the children inherited their mother's hair color as well. Therefore, these three come from an alternate universe that exists separate from every single awakening play through ever, minus one instance where a male avatar with red hair the exact same as Cordelia's marries her and everyone else follows one of your options above. Even then, I don't believe there was a shade of red available to the avatar in awakening like that, but I could be wrong.

So yeah, they aren't the 'canon' awakening children that each of us recruited in our playthroughs on our worlds in awakening. No worries.

Inigo saves Kamui from Ryoma during his introduction in Nohr's story. After they join they're basically irrelevant though. And they're just more subordinates in Hoshido's route.

I'd guess they might plan to go more into their goal or journey in future DLC, but it's just a guess.

Edited by NeonZ

The Avatar with hair color 02 is the only red ans it's the exact same color as Gregor. His hair color is much darker than the one that Luna had right now.

Yea let's just wait for the DLC. Maybe they will come up with something good like they already did with Future of past.

Edited by Nym

Maybe how they manage to be in this world? With some battles against Risens just for old times sake.

Inigo saves Kamui from Ryoma during his introduction in Nohr's story. After they join they're basically irrelevant though. And they're just more subordinates in Hoshido's route.

I'd guess they might plan to go more into their goal or journey in future DLC, but it's just a guess.

Am I the only one who thinks that the three of them are sent by Chrom to find a way to bring Robin back? This could potentially take place before Robin's ressurection.

I don't think so because I read the battle quotes when they fight amiibo Robin and they do not recognize him. They just said: ''You are like someone I know'' or something like that.

The Robin bit is that they recognize his outfit, but not his face, since he doesn't have a canon design.

FP is AU though so I doubt it would explain anything.

Besides, will we get a FP type DLC? I mean what would it be about? I mean we are getting already.

It could involve whatever "enemy" they came here to fight. People assume that it's the Hydra, but I don't think that's ever mentioned in the script. Not even in their final chapter lines. So they could easily make a DLC focusing on that enemy that also gives more information about how and why they came to Fates' time in the first place.

Edited by NeonZ

I don't think so because I read the battle quotes when they fight amiibo Robin and they do not recognize him. They just said: ''You are like someone I know'' or something like that.

Damn, why did they have to have such an apathetic response. It's like they weren't close to Robin at all.

But it's kinda ironic because Robin is litteraly a character now not just a custom character anymore. He's in super smash bros and everyone call him ''Robin'' but it's not always the case.

It's kinda how you can change the name of ''Link'' in a lot of LOZ but everyone call him Link anyway.

But it's kinda ironic because Robin is litteraly a character now not just a custom character anymore. He's in super smash bros and everyone call him ''Robin'' but it's not always the case.

It's kinda how you can change the name of ''Link'' in a lot of LOZ but everyone call him Link anyway.

Or Commander Shepherd in Mass Effect. You can change his/her name, appearance and class, but they are still commander Shepherd.

I think it is more that there is no clear Canon Robin in the awakening world which is where the kids in fates are from. But it is a bit different than Link as Robin most likely is an Avatar in some Awakening universe but not the one the kids in fates are from. But link from my understanding has always been called the name you choose for him, so if you choose the name Chrom in TP, you are the descendant of the Chrom from OoT. Also Awakening has way more variables for what is Canon than most zelda games, Zelda normally just has a few optional side-quests, Awakening has i can't even remember how many different pairing options, how many different robin options, and a split ending for example. I believe Mass effect also has a Lot more variable stuff for their canon than zelda, I think Mass Effect also has a LOT more stuff for their Cannons than both other series but that is neither here nor there.