Somehow downgraded myself to phoenix mode

Looking at the translated menus on the FE14 board, difficulty and modes can only be downgraded so you're stuck on Phoenix.

Edited by Peppy

Okay it can't be switched back but there isn't really a problem just restart when you lose a unit, and don't use the battle save The only real difference is bragging rights unless you were on hard or lunatic before then it is easier as you are also stuck on easy i believe to have Fenix mode but then the Fenix mode is the least of your problems, Also next time if it is possible you might want to have two save files when playing especially if you can't read the menus perfectly.

I'm sorry to hear that. I made sure to go back and bold the sections that dealt with changing difficulty and such for future users who may run into the same issues in the menu thread.

Did the same thing one my save before any translations were out >_>. Wouldn't have been a big deal if I were in the habit of using more than one save, but using all three of my Awakening save slots for different games got me out of that habit ages ago... Oh well, I consider it a practice file to play with different builds to see what I like.

Trial and error is dangerous in this game's menus.

Edited by Muchashca

Ummm actually guys I managed to change it back... It can be done. I just went to the same thing I suspected messed it up and recognized an option that was the kanji (or kana? idk what characters this game is in) and changed it back.

Edited by Agile Tit-Tyrant

I did something similar and accidentally changed from hard to normal. Thankfully I had an in battle save (casual mode) from the last chapter and reloaded.

Edited by Aquaze

If you don't let anyone die then what difference does it make?

Phoenix mode makes healing pointless, at that point it doesnt even feel like FE. and if I could read moon runes I'd probably play classic, language barrier is extra difficulty enough right now

What do you mean? The main point of healing has mostly always been to help your staff users gain experience and level up (the targets of their healing haven't exactly required much more than what is offered by Vulneraries).

Vulanaries and elixirs waste your turn though, and games with 10 hp vulnaries or herbs are not always enough for healing. Plus some games, well 4 at least don't even have healing items, and you are not always near a church.

No im on chapter 11. Im playing normal so I believe its reversable on normal. Actually i think I can change it back and forth from casual to phoenix whenever i want

Explains it in that specific situation. I was about to link a screenshot that says "you can't".

Plus in this game you can heal 2 spaces away

Only using the Hoshido staves.

The "Heal" staff Felicia/Joker comes with is standard FE.