Most Unique Endings and Character Story content is via...

Go Eirika Route.

Eirika & Seth

Franz or Duessel & Amelia

Gilliam & Syrene

Vanessa & Innes

Ross & Garcia

Neimi & Colm

Artur & Lute

Natasha or Marisa & Joshua

Ephraim & Myrrh

Forde & Kyle

Tana & Cormag

Gerik & Tethys or Marisa

L'Arachel & Dozla

Saleh & Ewan

Just in-case anyone didn't see it in an unrelated topic.

Not all endings are romantic but they are unique.

...I didn't realize FE8 had different character endings depending on route?

They don't. That's just some BS Shockzukay cooked up.

Speaking of which, this does seem like the sort of topic Shockzukay would make.

Edited by Just call me AL

BS? No one claimed there were different endings per route. Where either of you get that idea is beyond me.

Shockzukay?

...I didn't realize FE8 had different character endings depending on route?

Eirika's Route offers far more story content, character backstory and development and makes the most sense, especially after Ephriam basically solos the Empire by himself before the meet up. It's also way out of Seth's character not to accompany Eirika.

You learn pretty much everything about what Ephriam did when he meets up with Eirika again while a lot of stuff is exclusive to Eirika's route which you never find out about if you went Ephriam route.

Not to mention it makes some characters much smarter, like say Cormag if recruited on Eirika Route as well as establishing Gerik, Saleh and co. rather well compared to Ephriam route where they're kinda just there.

Tana is also a much stronger character on Eirika Route.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Shockzukay?

A guy from GameFAQs who I'd certainly like to describe with decidedly more colorful language than I'm allowed to use on these boards. He's known for getting into "canon pairing" arguments, getting his butt handed to him in said arguments, and resorting to a use of ShockOfGod Syndrome whenever he does get his butt handed to him. In all honesty, I wouldn't be too surprised if you and him were one and the same.

Eirika's Route offers far more story content, character backstory and development and makes the most sense, especially after Ephriam basically solos the Empire by himself before the meet up. It's also way out of Seth's character not to accompany Eirika.

It's also against Tana's character to not want to accompany Ephraim when he goes to Grado. Considering who she happens to like. Edited by Just call me AL

Eirika is her best friend and the feeling is mutual. Makes far more sense to aid Eirika, especially since her brother Innes is in that direction as well. That and Tana is a weak damsal in distress in Ephraim route while she's a strong independent woman in Eirika Route. It also makes more sense for L'Arachel to show up near her Kingdom instead of all the way at Grado.

Oh, I like him as he explains himself when prompted.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Eirika's Route offers far more story content, character backstory and development and makes the most sense, especially after Ephriam basically solos the Empire by himself before the meet up.

Ephraim only "solos the Empire by himself" on Eirika's route. On his own route, he's accompanied by Seth, Franz, Gilliam, Vanessa...

Which, in my opinion, is much more believable.

Also, Lyon is much more interesting in Ephraim's route.

How much of the story of Eirika's route is missing from Ephraim's route, anyway?

The rebellion in Carcino and Eirika's journey to aid Innes are mentioned by the Frelian messenger at the beginning of chapter 10B.

Innes hiring Gerik and Tethys (and Marisa) is mentioned in 12B and 13B.

Glen's death near Caer Pelyn is mentioned in the house outside of Jehanna Hall in chapter 15. The only thing you don't find out is that Valter did it.

Saleh's mission is mentioned in 12B.

Ismaire's death and the destruction of Jehanna's Sacred Stone are mentioned at the end of chapter 15.

Joshua's status as the prince of Jehanna is hinted at in his conversation with Caellach in chapter 15. As Joshua said, "You'd get carried away and pick fights with me... You always said the same thing: 'I will be king!'" And Caellach himself said in his conversation with Lyon at the beginning of chapter 15 that he and Joshua had been friends once, so it's not exactly a secret that they would have a conversation even in Ephraim's route.

It seems to me like the only thing missing from Ephraim's route is the subplot about Cormag going after Eirika to avenge Glen.

Edited by Paper Jam

That actually reminds me,

Gerik: Hey, Prince! How’s it going?

Innes: Gerik… I’m sorry you had to see that ugly side of me.

Gerik: Huh? What do you mean?

Innes: At Renvall, when you stayed by me. If not for your loyalty, I would have fallen into the hands of those mercenaries.

Gerik: Ah, well, that’s my job, innit? But what’s your point? This is unlike you, Prince.

Is this supposed to be talking about rescuing Innes in Eirika route and they threw in a random name to prevent clashing with Ephraim route? (where Gerik and Tethys aren't with Innes to help him...)

EDIT: That reminds me, how does Eirika meet Saleh if Ewan isn't there to show them the secret/rarely used route to Jehanna through the mountains?

Edited by L95

I'm pretty sure that was a mistake, and that Innes was referring to Carcino.

Remember, even in Ephraim's route, Gerik and Tethys were first working for Innes before Innes sent them to reinforce Ephraim. And I'm pretty sure that chapter 13B happened some time after chapter 10A, so Gerik and Tethys had plenty of time to get from Teraz Plateau to Za'albul Marsh.

Anyway, no matter which route you pick, Gerik and Tethys were at Carcino with Innes. It's just that all three of them were "off-screen" on Ephraim's route.

Edited by Paper Jam

I personally find more interesting and unique story out of Eirika x Saleh (The most unique and deep of her relationships imo, how it describes what their daughter would be like, and includes the story of Nada Kuya.)

Though yeah I do really love Cormag and Tana's supports especially how they're both people in their older brother's shadows so to speak and always concerned about them.

Also doesn't it clearly just say they were at Carcino before arriving to help Ephraim with Selena?

Edited by Ziose0

Also doesn't it clearly just say they were at Carcino before arriving to help Ephraim with Selena?

By "they", I'm assuming you mean Gerik and Tethys. Carcino isn't mentioned by either in Ephraim's story.

http://serenesforest.net/the-sacred-stones/scripts/game-script/ephraim/chapter-13b-fluorspars-oath/

They were definitely helping Innes with something, though, and Innes was having trouble at Carcino (as told by the Frelian messenger at the beginning of chapter 10B). While Gerik didn't explicitly say what Innes had initially hired him to do in Ephraim's route before sending him to Ephraim, it is reasonable to suppose that it was the same thing Innes had hired him to do in Eirika's route.

• 4 months later...