Statbooster help!

Tasigat

So I am currently playing Hard/classic no pairup, and it plays great. Challenging but not too hard, and not a stompfest like Awakening usually is.

However while some of my units are awesome, I have a few crappy ones as well. The Avatar (lol!wut) and Lissa are kinda speed screwed, and without pairup bonuses it get really iffy. ( I am chapter 12 atm)

Lissa has 10 spd at lv.20 cleric and my str!flaw magic!asset Avatar has 14 at lv.18 Tactician.

Chroma and Cordelia aren't that speedy either but still ok (chrom has 16 at lv. 16 and Cordelia 15 at lv. 16).

Now I still have a speedwing left so I am thinking about who should get it. Chrom and in turn Lucina and Cynthia could really benefit from it, but my Avatar is somewhat crappy overall (14 str and 16 with that asset flaw pick wtf) and I am starting to think that Lissa is a lost cause.

But what do you guys think?

So I am currently playing Hard/classic no pairup, and it plays great. Challenging but not too hard, and not a stompfest like Awakening usually is.

However while some of my units are awesome, I have a few crappy ones as well. The Avatar (lol!wut) and Lissa are kinda speed screwed, and without pairup bonuses it get really iffy. ( I am chapter 12 atm)

Lissa has 10 spd at lv.20 cleric and my str!flaw magic!asset Avatar has 14 at lv.18 Tactician.

Chroma and Cordelia aren't that speedy either but still ok (chrom has 16 at lv. 16 and Cordelia 15 at lv. 16).

Now I still have a speedwing left so I am thinking about who should get it. Chrom and in turn Lucina and Cynthia could really benefit from it, but my Avatar is somewhat crappy overall (14 str and 16 with that asset flaw pick wtf) and I am starting to think that Lissa is a lost cause.

But what do you guys think?

Oh yeah, I've done no pairup hard before, and yes, the avatar pretty much ALWAYS will get speed screwed without the benefit of veteran. At least as long as he/she is in tactician. I usually go female so I generally reclass to pegasus knight and dark flier to remedy this, but mercenary or maybe berserker would probably work as well. But yeah, if it'll make the difference for doubling at the moment, I'd give them to him/her. Lucina and Cynthia do NOT need speedwings, their speed will always be nothing short of obscene thanks to Sumia's passed-down growths, bases and caps.

Yeah Chrom is married to Sumia (I am right after the timeskip), as I used neither Sully nor Maribell, I am playing a a male Avatar and I want Lucina and the other kid to have good stats right of the bat so Olivia was also off the table and i actually like Chrom/Sumia

I think I'll give up on making Lissa combat competent, she has good magic so is healing is fine but :T

And yeah Robin needs a little help. Kinda weird seeing an Avatar not kicking ass, thought about marring him to Miriel to get two really good magic children, but I don't know if i get to recruit any children in time besides Lucina and Cynthia because support growth is kinda slow without pairup.
I am planning to go Grandmaster for Ignis (at least he can use his good strength here, right?) and then Sage for good magic with Robin so reclassing into a speedy physical class would kinda screw with that plan.

I also have left over secret book, dracoshield, and talisman, I think I'll give the dracoshield to Sumia (9 def), and the talisman to either Lonqu(5), Panne(3) or Chrom (4). No Idea about the secret book though, maybe Robin(14) aswell?

Yeah Chrom is married to Sumia (I am right after the timeskip), as I used neither Sully nor Maribell, I am playing a a male Avatar and I want Lucina and the other kid to have good stats right of the bat so Olivia was also off the table and i actually like Chrom/Sumia

I think I'll give up on making Lissa combat competent, she has good magic so is healing is fine but :T

And yeah Robin needs a little help. Kinda weird seeing an Avatar not kicking ass, thought about marring him to Miriel to get two really good magic children, but I don't know if i get to recruit any children in time besides Lucina and Cynthia because support growth is kinda slow without pairup.

I am planning to go Grandmaster for Ignis (at least he can use his good strength here, right?) and then Sage for good magic with Robin so reclassing into a speedy physical class would kinda screw with that plan.

I also have left over secret book, dracoshield, and talisman, I think I'll give the dracoshield to Sumia (9 def), and the talisman to either Lonqu(5), Panne(3) or Chrom (4). No Idea about the secret book though, maybe Robin(14) aswell?

I've done this run before and I had no problem getting a third gen morgan in time for chapter 19. I used Gregor and Panne as an excellent duo which gave Yarne and Morgan a TON of speed and defense. Nowi and Stahl were my tanks for the beginning of the game, as a manakete and paladin respectively, while I gave Sumia all of my renown stat boosters and focused on getting her to 15 dark flier before chapter 13, while making sure I didn't completely ignore the other units. I also used Lissa, Miriel, Anna and Libra as healers/staffbots. After I started getting the children my first gen team started to slow down (though Sumia slowed down last) and it became time for Morgan, Robin, Yarne, Lucina, Laurent and Nah to take over for the rest of the game. It was pretty easy.

As for your questions:

Yeah, your distribution of the stat items seems wise. Definitely give the secret book to Robin if he's going grandmaster, because then he'll get to use the skill bonus for Ignis as well.

After that, if he's still suffering in the speed department, make him a hero or assassin, probably Hero so he'll have better luck making kills. As far as I know none of the mage classes available to men have that great speed.

If you make Lissa a sage she generally becomes something of a glass cannon

Oh, also, here's a great trick for no pair up hard: when you get Cynthia, give her a forged beastkiller and pass down galeforce and she can rip the mounted former green units to shreds. Give her enough such kills in her paralogue and she'll be able to easily kill mounted units with your likely reasonable stock of beastkillers for most of the rest of the game. If you then promote her to falcon knight, she'll get rally speed, which should greatly help your speed woes if you're still having them.

Edited by Alastor15243

As for your questions:

Yeah, your distribution of the stat items seems wise. Definitely give the secret book to Robin if he's going grandmaster, because then he'll get to use the skill bonus for Ignis as well.

After that, if he's still suffering in the speed department, make him a hero or assassin, probably Hero so he'll have better luck making kills. As far as I know none of the mage classes available to men have that great speed.

If you make Lissa a sage she generally becomes something of a glass cannon

Oh, also, here's a great trick for no pair up hard: when you get Lissa, give her a forged beastkiller and pass down galeforce and she can rip the mounted former green units to shreds. Give her enough such kills in her paralogue and she'll be able to easily kill mounted units with your likely reasonable stock of beastkillers for most of the rest of the game. If you then promote her to falcon knight, she'll get rally speed, which should greatly help your speed woes if you're still having them.

Thanks for the tips :D

I my other playthroughs I usually mixed first and second gen characters which isn't an issue with pairup, or just used the royal Chrom/Avatar familiy in lunatic. So I'm curious to see how this one turns out. If everything works out support wise I'll also get Stahl!Yarne and Lonqu!Severa plus the children of Chrom/Sumia and Avatar/Miriel, but idk if i manage to get a high enough support level for some of them in time.

In the bold part i assume you mean Cynthia and not Lissa? If so that is really nice tip, but I am not sure if I can pass down galeforce in time as I didn't channel lot's of exp into Sumia. Maybe I'll make her a dark flyer right now (lv.16) so i can maybe even pass it to Lucina but I doubt that I'll make it in time for her :/

I've done this run before and I had no problem getting a second gen morgan in time for chapter 19. I used Gregor and Panne as an excellent duo which gave Yarne and Morgan a TON of speed and defense.

Oh, also, here's a great trick for no pair up hard: when you get Lissa, give her a forged beastkiller and pass down galeforce

3rd gen and Cynthia?

Do you think I can get dark flyer Sumia from lv.1 to lv.15 in two chapters (12, the habour map and 13 the one with Henry)?

The minimum experience you can get from an enemy is 8. To gain 14 levels you'll need 1400 exp, which translates to 175 enemies if you're only getting the minimum exp of 8. The maximum number of enemies that can be on a map at once is 50, so there would have to be 75 enemies worth of reinforcements in chapter 13 for that to be possible, and that's assuming there are 50 enemies already in both maps, and I don't think that's true either. So unless you're earning a decent amount more than 8 exp per kill, it doesn't seem likely.

Edited by Alastor15243

The minimum experience you can get from an enemy is 8. To gain 14 levels you'll need 1400 exp, which translates to 175 enemies if you're only getting the minimum exp of 8. The maximum number of enemies that can be on a map at once is 50, so there would have to be 75 enemies worth of reinforcements in chapter 13 for that to be possible, and that's assuming there are 50 enemies already in both maps, and I don't think that's true either. So unless you're earning a decent amount more than 8 exp per kill, it doesn't seem likely.

Eh in that case Lucina will be Galeforce less this run! And I'll let Sumia stay in Pegasusknight just a bit longer I guess, but thanks for your help I know what I want to do now :D

Eh in that case Lucina will be Galeforce less this run! And I'll let Sumia stay in Pegasusknight just a bit longer I guess, but thanks for your help I know what I want to do now :D

She can always try to go for galeforce herself, though it'll probably make her harder to train initially not having it. galeforce works wonders when a unit is new and fragile.

For future reference, I generally promote Sumia at 10 to make it more feasible and less exp-expensive to get Sumia galeforce.

Edited by Alastor15243

She can always try to go for galeforce herself, though it'll probably make her harder to train initially not having it. galeforce works wonders when a unit is new and fragile.

For future reference, I generally promote Sumia at 10 to make it more feasible and less exp-expensive to get Sumia galeforce.

Makes sense promoting her that early when you have a plan (which I didn't, in fact Chrom and Sumia got married after Chp. 11 on the battlefield with a mere C support :^) ) and I just love leveling up everyone to 20, i just can't resist XD. When I play no pairup again (i love it atm, so pretty likely) I make sure to remember it.

Btw I played thought Chp. 12 now with all the stat boosts contributed, and it made SUCH a big difference for Robin, because after one lucky level up on the first turn, he could double all the cavalier units, which really came in handy. Worth Investment.

Sumia should be getting a decent amount over 8 though, and if you can get her some chip exp too...

For reference I can take DF Olivia from 1 to 15 in time to get GF on Lunatic. There are a good bit more enemies there, but Olivia's also a higher level so she grows slower.

If you go for it (which it looks like it's too late to do now), you'd need to commit 100% to it and focus on nobody else. That would significantly drag your exp gain down.

Oh I totally forgot! You're on hard! It might be possible to lure Gangrel onto a base, have him use up his levin sword, and then just repeatedly grind for exp on Sumia until she gains galeforce. It's not until Lunatic that that gives diminishing returns.

Of course that is also what some might refer to as "unfathomably cheap", so you might not consider that fair.

Edited by Alastor15243

Oh god If I did this on Lunatic I might as well slowly eat my own feet (lol wut) I think hard is pretty fair, could be tiny bit more difficult but I'll wait for the later maps, so far I really liked how this run is going. Small mistakes don't kill you outright.

I tried it out and she got 17 exp for a kill, so it might have been possible, but focusing two whole maps just on Sumia to get Lucina galeforce sounds quite tiring and this run is for fun so, sry Lucy!

ppl actually do this on lunatic, how do you survive chapter 2?

Oh god If I did this on Lunatic I might as well slowly eat my own feet (lol wut) I think hard is pretty fair, could be tiny bit more difficult but I'll wait for the later maps, so far I really liked how this run is going. Small mistakes don't kill you outright.

I tried it out and she got 17 exp for a kill, so it might have been possible, but focusing two whole maps just on Sumia to get Lucina galeforce sounds quite tiring and this run is for fun so, sry Lucy!

ppl actually do this on lunatic, how do you survive chapter 2?

I don't actually know of anyone who's done no pair up on lunatic, I certainly haven't. I'm not that insane. Though I have done lunatic and lunatic+ with pairup.

If you're going to fort spam for exp, do it with someone other than Gangrel and his droppable Levin. Him and his entire party won't aggro until you get in their range, so you can just take a Fighter from the last wave of reinforcements and abuse him or something.

The window of time for stopping the Thief without aggroing Gangrel is really small though, so you have to either know it or just camp the side of the map to get him while doing that.