Kibayashi doesn't want to claim credit for FE Fates' story

https://twitter.com/agitadashi/status/617052355423408129

Translation: Yeah I'm disowning the story, but I can't publicly say it was bad so I'll just say it's the staff writers who 'deserve recognition for their work'

Interesting....

Admin abuse edit: Just no.

Stop over-reacting.

To clear up all doubt

Unabridged version

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised in the slightest. The original paths, Conquest in particular, reek of executive meddling. The Nohr side hardly has a story to speak of.

Edited by Thane

So he's saying that he wants to distance himself away from the story of fates? I'm wondering if Kibayashi played the game itself and realized how much different it is from the 500 page draft he did for Hoshido and Nohr.

Oh thank god it wasn't his fault Nohr's story is so bad.

Next time, don't change a guest writer's story for any reason especially if it's good, shouldn't even happen if he was the one who did 300 pages each route.

Eh, I don't think he's really saying that or even implying that.

He's just saying he supplied the draft for the 3 stories, but the people who wrote the actual story/dialogue were IS's staff.

As in he doesn't want to be credited for their work (for better or worse).

EDIT

In fact, he even mentions how Fates is an Amazon best-seller... I don't think he's trying to be negative at all in his tweet.

Edited by VincentASM

Whos kibiyashi

He's the writer who did Fates story.

He's particular famous writer in Japan, he did novels, mangas, comics, etc etc so he's pretty flexible. Fates was his first story written for a game.

UGH. Looks like we'll never get Shin Kibayashi to write a Fire Emblem story again...

Then again, it's extremely difficult to write a story for a game when you are only experienced in writing novels.

I guess the story is that bad...

EDIT:

WHAT THEY (Intelligent Systems) ALTERED HIS STORY?!

Edited by Leif

Eh, I don't think he's really saying that or even implying that.

He's just saying he supplied the draft for the 3 stories, but the people who wrote the actual story/dialogue were IS's staff.

As in he doesn't want to be credited for their work (for better or worse).

He does implies it...

"Yeah I'm disowning the story" pretty much hit the nail on the head.

So IS is bragging all about how they got a famous writer for the new fire emblem and then changes the writer's story. I don't understand, why would they do this? That's like hiring an artist and then editing his artwork.

So IS is bragging all about how they got a famous writer for the new fire emblem and then changes the writer's story. I don't understand, why would they do this? That's like hiring an artist and then editing his artwork.

Called executive meddling. A pretty bad occurance in modern times.

I think they've got dollar signs in their eyes after the success of Awakening, which is why they're trying their hardest to make sure everybody who cares about the story buys the DLC path.

https://twitter.com/agitadashi/status/617052355423408129

Translation: Yeah I'm disowning the story, but I can't publicly say it was bad so I'll just say it's the staff writers who 'deserve recognition for their work'

Interesting....

He does implies it...

It's more like he doesn't want all the credit for himself. There's no negative implication in that post. He talks about Fates' success, like number 1 in Amazon's best seller, and then mentions how he only wrote the 500 page drafts and how they should credit the writers who worked in the final game's script too.

You need to look at the overall context. Yeah, in the Western fandom, we have a certain polemic about the story right now, so saying something like that can be seen as he trying to distance himself from it, but in Japan the game is a big success and that post is talking about that success while also highlighting the staff that contributed to it. Your interpretation only makes sense if he had posted that to Western players at this point.

Edited by NeonZ

He does implies it...

Forgive me for asking, but where does this translation come from?

Well, they admitted that the story for Awakening was bad, so they probably just wanted to hire a writer just to form a foundation and then take over from there.

He does implies it...

He didn't say that. He said this:

"Fire Emblem Fates is holding its place as an Amazon number 1 best-seller.

But there has been some small confusion.

I wrote 500 pages for 3 campaigns, but they were just drafts.

In fact, the story was written by (presumably) multiple writers; I would just like to let people know."

Edited by VincentASM

Sadly ppl will keep buying the game and 99% sure that word of complaints on this won't even reach IS HQ

He didn't say that. He said this:

"Fire Emblem Fates is holding its place as an Amazon number 1 best-seller.

But there has been some small confusion.

I wrote 500 pages for 3 campaigns, but they were just drafts.

In fact, the story was written by multiple writers; I would just to let people know."

Okay, so he just reiterates what he said during the Iwata Asks. He was asked to make a draft of 10 pages each, but he grew so passionate about it that it became 500 pages each.

Yeah he had the story all thought out but IS altered it so that they had a foundation to work on to what they think a FE story should be without the extra things he had already it's a miss opportunity tbh...

Edited by DragonLordKamui