"ability to double attack"

Espinosa

I've been patiently reading through the newly added weapons pages on-site and while that's a wealth of information I'm gonna love getting my teeth, a lot of it is pretty confusing. Take the description of Excalibur for example:

Effective against flying units; ability to double attack +5, enemy’s ability to double attack +5

Normally, you need to have 5 more points of AS than the enemy in order to double. Since this ability to double attack is doubled, following what the description says, you should be able to double when your speed is at least equal to the enemy's.

Then the other part of it - "enemy’s ability to double attack +5". The enemy also needs to be at equal speed with you, or higher, in order to double.

And now the most important part - you've got Excalibur equipped and you're engaging an enemy in combat. You both have the same speed stat and technically both of you should be doubling. So who's going to double whom now?

It's different from a brave effect because the attacks wouldn't be consecutive; they would still alternate like normal double attacks. But yes it is unprecedented.

Well, actually it's quite similar to Duel activation, if I get it correctly.

Still pretty unique.

This way is more confusing but it adds some more interactions like the aforementioned and such.

Like Steel makes it harder to double, but doesn't make it easier to get doubled, which is slightly different than if it had 3 more wt, or auto -3 Spd (beyond Avoid/etc).

So has this mutual doubling ever occurred for anyone in this thread, or are we just making sense out of that description?

And I gotta say the weapon effects in this game are the most nuanced and complex we've had in the series so far. It's like TearRing Saga's, except the differences are deeper and are represented in a larger range of weaponry.