The Avatar's lack of shoes....

Iron Griffin

So why is that Kamui regardless of gender doesnt wear shoes? Like I can understand Aqua given her being a dancer and all(the bottoms of those feet must be quite tough for to fight on different terrain like that). However its baffling to me as to why our main character doesnt have any.

Anyone find any sort of info that explains this odd detail?

I think they wanted to show off the feet, if you're asking for a technical explanation.

For the story? I dunno, it's pretty comfortable without shoes, and it toughens your feet. And maybe his feet are like a hobbits, y'know, tough and resistant to terrain.

Apparently f!Corrin doesn't like pants or skirts, either.

The outfit designs in this game are pretty terrible. I don't think any of the oddities ever get explained.

I think they wanted to show off the feet, if you're asking for a technical explanation.

For the story? I dunno, it's pretty comfortable without shoes, and it toughens your feet. And maybe his feet are like a hobbits, y'know, tough and resistant to terrain.

Maybe that it could be it. Never tried it myself but for some people I guess it works. I thnk Kagerou has the same thing going on apparently from what someone said.

oughtn't the design reflect the character's reasons, though?

Probably not but I was curious if he/she or anything in the game addressed it.

- it's as gender neutral as it gets

- Awakening in-game models didn't have feet at all, so feet are kind of a big deal. Maybe bare feet are just highlighting that?

That are the most convincing reasons I can come up with. Other than that maybe it's because Kamui was raised in Nohr? It's a pretty grim place where you're planting dead trees, traps and stuff around your castle so walking barefoot in this kind of enrivonment seems like a strong fashion statement ;P

Pointy ears, curly hair option, and no shoes... Hobbit avatar has arrived precisely when they were meant to. ;p

Likely as people have suggested to show off that the models now have feet...

I guess it would also seem odd-ish if during the avatar transformation/half transformation sequences they exploded out of their shoes...Like tge incredible hulk and his stretchy pants, Kamui wears no shoes for the purpose of avoiding destroying them in their later transformation...maybe? But then its a magical transformation and none of their other clothing appears affected and no other games have cared about clothing ripping or not ripping... *shrug*

Also they don't know of their own transformation powers at first..

So maybe the bare feet is to establish the Avatar as a more guileless person, not really aware of this whole "we wear shoes thing" in the outside world? :0

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

The reason they gave him no shoes is because they knew nearly everybody gave their avatar boots in awakening anyway, so giving Corrin shoes is redundant as they are guessing that lots of people will give him/her boots anyway.

Maybe because their claws can grow out when they turn into a dragon? The whole armor seems to adapt to Kamui's body structure and the hands and the feet need to be free so that the claws can grow out. I actually thought the cape they wore concealed a hole in the back armor to allow the wings to grow out. That's my best explanation.

DVbAOVQ.png

Lol, there was also another cute 1 page manga strip of Marx giving Kamui the shoeless outfit. Can't find it at the moment though

I know the one you are talking about, but I can't seem to find it either.

However, I did find a different, but still adorable, one.

b3a.png

Maybe because their claws can grow out when they turn into a dragon? The whole armor seems to adapt to Kamui's body structure and the hands and the feet need to be free so that the claws can grow out. I actually thought the cape they wore concealed a hole in the back armor to allow the wings to grow out. That's my best explanation.

This is kind of my thinking as well. Kamui is the only royal sibling with no shoes, and the only one that turns into a dragon.

You can imagine Garon ordering Kamui's armor to be made shoeless and then being elusive about it like "don't worry Kamui, it's for the best in case some... power is awakened within you, or your feet need to do something surprising, I'm not saying that will happen but what if, y'know?"

Foot fetishes need their fanservice too.

Fates likes to please as many fetishes as possible (loli, furry, oppai, foot, traps (Foleo), tsundere, imouto, etc).