Playing Cipher online using LackeyCCG

Tuvillo

I finished updating.

- Added all known Black and White cards up to now. (Felicia currently without title) Promo Corrin cards now labelled as such

Chosen to add the cards even though we barely have any because I spotted possibilities to already put the cards in functional decks.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I hadn't realized someone had already done this. Made this account just to post here because now I'm amused that we've got dueling plugins--I made one of these just the other day and posted it on /r/fireemblem (https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3hoaqi/fire_emblem_cipher_for_lackeyccg/; I'm ExperimentNineB). I'll have to check yours out, Tuvillo; I did a lot of extra technical editing and cleanup on mine.

:3 I have autoupdate and official card back

Edit: You were extremely by-the-book in making the plugin, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's userfriendly. (Also there's a few gameplay mechanics you should've added) Once you'd add the content and auto-update, yours would look much more clean and professional than mine.

I basically created something that's not very clean, optimizing playability and convenience.

Edited by Tuvillo

• 2 weeks later...

Just made an account specifically to comment on this thread.

Thank you so much for doing this. I've played some of the game in Lackey with some friends and I love it. Thanks for enabling me that experience!

I also want to humbly request an update with some sounds such as deployment sounds for specific units (such as them saying an entry quote), which as far as I'm aware is totally possible here, as the MtG plugin has something of the sort and I think it'd be super neat to have it here, with all the flavour behind the characters.

As well as that, can you perhaps get the alternate art versions of cards in?

Keep it up! I'll be following your progress with vested interest!

I had the Promo art up until yesterday, but I really wasn't happy with the quality of their images yet.

I'll add any that I have good images for.

As for custom sound effects, I have no idea how to customize it per card, but I know I could change the sound effects as a whole.

Edit: Re-added the promo cards I have images for. Not sure if I'm missing any, I just still don't like the photograph quality of some of them.

Edited by Tuvillo

Stellar work. I see what you're saying about the promo cards' quality, but I think it's better for completeness to have them and improve their images later.

I'll do some looking in to sound effects. If you could maybe get some basic Fire Emblem sound effects implemented, that'd be awesome. I'll try and find out if there's a way to do it for specific cards.

Thanks again, Tuvillo!

Edit: Regarding the two plugins, could we perhaps organise a small team to merge them and improve them both together? I'd be happy to dabble and help out with it as I learn how to edit Lackey plugins!

I've looked into it now and I can tell you that you CAN set specific sounds when you play out certain cards. I'll begin collecting some sound effects for particular cards. I'm working on getting Frederick's "Pick a God and pray" sound for when you play him, because, you know, it's awesome.

Loads of edits today! Hooray!

http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html#carddata

This page has details on how to set sounds for specific cards. I've gotten Frederick's sound, and I'm working on grabbing some others now. I can put them together in a dropbox file if you want.

So here's a running list of what cards I've got the sounds for so far:

• All 5 Chrom cards, with increasingly fearsome sounds
  • Frederick ("Pick a God and pray!")
  • Kellam
  • Olivia
  • All 4 Tharja cards (3 incarnations and one tentatively for the promo card)
  • Both Virion cards
  • Anna
  • Both Gaius cards
  • Both Nowi cards
  • Vaike
  • Maribelle
  • Robin (all 3 cards, with sex-appropriate voices)
  • Both Lissa cards

I'll package them up later.

Edit 5 (?): I tested the sounds I have now, updating the card list txt, and it works fine! Gonna play around and see which sounds sound best so far.

Another Edit: You can make cards hover! The script to do this is:

<cardfunction><label>Hover</label><kind>HOVER</kind></cardfunction>

You could apply this to the 'flying' units like they do in the Magic plugin. Could be cool!

Edited by Tragedi

Loving the hovering effect.

You're right that missing sound effects for older sets sucks. I was playing around with the idea of having a set-specific 'movement' sound from the games to use for each, but I'll have to obtain them all at some point since they aren't readily available already like the voice clips.

Bring on series 2 and 3!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated for set 2!

To do:

-Almost all set 2 images are of course "SAMPLE" images, i'll replace these over time.

Edit: I have the urge to replace Clearing the Skies with "Anti-Air" and I'm not sure how people would like it.

Edit2: Starter decks set 2 now included

Edited by Tuvillo

• 2 weeks later...

It's quite hard to arrange games, but if you want, you can also join the Cipher Skype group, which is what we mostly use to arrange games.

As far as I know, there's about 6 Lackey players in our group, and a similar number of players that arrange their own games but are very hard to communicate with.

• 2 weeks later...

-Fixed a lot of cards that were initially incorrectly translated (By me)

-N.B.: I fixed card texts for cards that mention "all allies"! The card text "allies" now includes the card it's on, unless it says "other allies"!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BIG update again.

I replaced pretty much all set 1 and 2 images with non-SAMPLE larger images. If you Auto-update, it should remove all your old images and replace them.

TO DO:

-There's a few cards I still need to replace or up-size. (Some tokens, some promos)

-I do want to implement some sort of Cipher playmat, but I'll need to acquire Photoshop talent first.

-Wait for set 3 cards and add them. (Sadly I think the database images need to blown up a bit) and then get the non-SAMPLE images ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...

SET 3 UPDATE

I functionally added all set 3 cards. I'm missing a lot of images because I'm waiting for scans, but I added images for almost all Twitter updates, as well as the Green Structure deck cards.

To do:

-Replace and add set 3 images with scanned high-res images.

-Possibly check translations, but they should all be fine now.

I just manually invite everyone who posts about it on the forums.

I updated the opening post with Shadowdrifter's video tutorial, which could be useful.

Edited by Tuvillo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...