Spoiler What is Ryoma's beef?

Pepper

But still really Ryoma? I understand you must have felt hurt and all of that pressure and Mikoto having just died and all the stuff I said earlier but it doesn't make it any less of a jerkass move! An understandable jerkass move but still a jerkass move.

But I have to say having a non villainous character chasing down Kamui is something very interesting and I'm glad it's Ryoma because from my point of view he has very legit reasons to do it. Still jerkish though but I still love Ryoma anyway!

But still really Ryoma? I understand you must have felt hurt and all of that pressure and Mikoto having just died and all the stuff I said earlier but it doesn't make it any less of a jerkass move! An understandable jerkass move but still a jerkass move.

But I have to say having a non villainous character chasing down Kamui is something very interesting and I'm glad it's Ryoma because from my point of view he has very legit reasons to do it. Still jerkish though but I still love Ryoma anyway!

Both him and Garon are hunting Kamui in the third route one is an evil asshole the other is caring older brother who is tracking you down for your "betrayal" and what I gather is making it personal as he sees it as family affair.

Both him and Garon are hunting Kamui in the third route one is an evil asshole the other is caring older brother who is tracking you down for your "betrayal" and what I gather is making it personal as he sees it as family affair.

As I said his personality and way of thinking give him a good reason to act that way. The more I analize is supports and tranlated story lines the more it makes sense for him to take it personally. I'm not saying I agree with his actions I just understand why he would act like that. He has a hot blooded streak that shows up a couple of times in the story and he also appears to be very stuborn and family driven. You do get to call him out on what he did and he realizes what he did wrong and joins you. That's what I got from what I've seen.

As I said his personality and way of thinking give him a good reason to act that way. The more I analize is supports and tranlated story lines the more it makes sense for him to take it personally. I'm not saying I agree with his actions I just understand why he would act like that. He has a hot blooded streak that shows up a couple of times in the story and he also appears to be very stuborn and family driven. You do get to call him out on what he did and he realizes what he did wrong and joins you. That's what I got from what I've seen.

I hope its a legit call out on bullshit.

I hope its a legit call out on bullshit.

Doesn't everyone? For what little I saw about it it seems it will but it might be just wishful thinking.

It is definitely too early to be given judgements based on just a chapter blurb, at any rate. The dialogue's specific to their 3rd route situation is not even out yet.

Edited by Thor Odinson

It is definitely too early to be given judgements based on just a chapter blurb, at any rate. The dialogue's specific to their 3rd route situation is not even out yet.

Pretty much this, on an other note I want to know what its out.

I'm honestly a bit glad that he's chasing you; Kamui is so damn popular and loved by everyone that it's refreshing when someone (who isn't evil) is against him.

Granted, we all know Ryouma will be forced to apologize and Kamui will forgive him without a second thought because he's the most rad person that's ever lived and is never wrong, but hey, if we close our eyes we can pretend that he has flaws.

Well he isn't human

I'm honestly a bit glad that he's chasing you; Kamui is so damn popular and loved by everyone that it's refreshing when someone (who isn't evil) is against him.

Granted, we all know Ryouma will be forced to apologize and Kamui will forgive him without a second thought because he's the most rad person that's ever lived and is never wrong, but hey, if we close our eyes we can pretend that he has flaws.

Well is father literally is a Dragon God... Therefore...he is literally JC.

1. Put that in spoiler tags; fortunately, I happened to know that already, but a lot of people here don't.

2. That doesn't make him a good character.

Edited by Thane

1. Put that in spoiler tags; fortunately, I happened to know that already, but a lot of people here don't.

Who Kamui or someone else?

Edited by Pepper

1.Are you serious?
Anyone can see kamui and can tell you that She/he isn't human, plus the promotional videos do their work revealing many things about FEif/Fates.
In any case it isn't a big revelation, the only thing I could say that it's a revelation is 2.
But again, they've already revealed the origins of both families; knowing this, you can deduce the origins of Kamui or Corrin.(If you care about the name, ups!! sorry!! I should put that in spoilers... My bad. D=)
Now we going in to spoilers:

Okay... Now you write things like a crazy man.
Now I want you to tell me when I said that kamui is a good charater.
All I said is that kamui is literally JC.
And lines like... "Kamui is so damn popular and loved by everyone..." "Ryouma will be forced to apologize and Kamui will forgive him without a second thought because he's the most rad person that's ever lived and is never wrong".
Reminded me of our savior(RIP), that's all.
If you interpret that way...
Now I read your Topic about Nohr/Conquest and I see your point.(I will not lie, I was disappointed; I expected the story to be more interesting, not good but at least interesting.)
But we've to wait and see how they going to translate the game to see the final result.
But remember you played in the Japanese version, maybe in the NA and European version may be different... I hope.

Edited by NB8

1.Are you serious?
Anyone can see kamui and can tell you that She/he isn't human, plus the promotional videos do their work revealing many things about FEif/Fates.
In any case it isn't a big revelation, the only thing I could say that it's a revelation is 2.
But again, they've already revealed the origins of both families; knowing this, you can deduce the origins of Kamui or Corrin.(If you care about the name, ups!! sorry!! I should put that in spoilers... My bad. D=)

And lines like... "Kamui is so damn popular and loved by everyone..." "Ryouma will be forced to apologize and Kamui will forgive him without a second thought because he's the most rad person that's ever lived and is never wrong".
Now I read your Topic about Nohr/Conquest and I see your point.(I will not lie, I was disappointed; I expected the story to be more interesting, not good but at least interesting.)
But we've to wait and see how they going to translate the game to see the final result.
But remember you played in the Japanese version, maybe in the NA and European version may be different... I hope.

I really want to do a side by side of the fan translation and the NA/pal release to see if they made any changes like they did to Drakengard 3's dialogue and plot interpretations.

I really want to do a side by side of the fan translation and the NA/pal release to see if they made any changes like they did to Drakengard 3's dialogue and plot interpretations.

Nah, your time is more valuable to waste on that.

1.Are you serious?

What make it so bad in some people eyes I mean Nohr storyline.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

What make it so bad in some people eyes I mean Nohr storyline.

I really can't tell you, because I Know nothing about Japoneses. But in the forums they talk about it in more detail on this topic.

I think it has to do with his personality and way of thinking. He seems like a hot blooded and somewhat stuborn man wich easily explains how angry he gets at you and why he chases you for so long. His reasons for that are probably the tension between Norh and Hoshido(you know that kidnapping and war thing) but that doesn't explain why he gets more angry at you if you choose neither side in fact he seems less angry if you choose Norh. That's explained through the way of the Bushido wich according to his character profile he follows. The way of the Bushido is a set of rules that all samurai must follow and eventhough said rules may vary they always follow a set of eight virtues some of those virtues are loyalty, courage and honour. He probably thinks that by choosing neither side you're being a disloyal coward with no honour. Hoshido is your bloodline so it's kinda of a loyalty to your bloodline thing and Norh is said to be loyalty in the trailer so it would be easier to swallow if you end up choosing it if you choose neither it means you're severing your loyalty towards Norh and Hoshido and by doing it in his anger he sees you as a dishonorable coward. But that's just theory...

This. I really like this.

I think this explains his motives perfectly: my impression of Bushido is to regard your opponent with some level of respect for following their ideals (even if you bear searing hatred for them, because they have their path and you have yours and the only way to settle it is to confront one another).

Therefore, if your opponent presents as someone who will not take responsibility, does not take a 'stand', and tries to follow the path of least resistance they come across as lacking honour, discipline and, courage. I'm sure this would be viewed as flouting the basic principles that Ryouma stands for.

Furthermore, although not a perfect analogy, I'm sure Ryouma has taken to Bushido with the same enthusiasm that is seen in very devout religious followers: I'm sure he believes in his doctrine absolutely, therefore it's not only a slight on him (and his family and all that he's lost / has happen), but on the very way of life he pursues. No doubt in what is presented as a very Japanese country (therefore with a very Japanese mindset), this is a great insult.

I'm not saying that makes it okay (per se), but as others have said it's an intense mindset (it's not called a way of life for nothing) and Ryouma is clearly particularly zealous about it; no doubt in part due to his father's influence on him (he seems to be quite the daddy's boy).

In that context, I think that Ryouma's fury at Kamui in the 3rd path is justified. No doubt when the Nohr path is chosen it does upset Ryouma, but perhaps he respects his sibling for taking a stand and (maybe) believes he will get Kamui back when he defeats Nohr / restores peace?

In this 3rd possibility, he has to work with the people who are responsible for a lot of pain and trauma in his life - I'm sure most of us would struggle with people who are associated with the murder of a parent/(s), that's something that doesn't really require cultural context to understand. Even on a basic level I'm sure Ryouma's feelings can be understood. I know I'd struggle with it.

Of course, that all said, it would seem that Ryouma's fury is at the cost of some of those virtues he holds dear (self-control, benevolence, etc) - but he is human and the path of enlightenment is long: perhaps momentary 'red mists' are forgivable (particularly in that armour)...

I think this explains his motives perfectly: my impression of Bushido is to regard your opponent with some level of respect for following their ideals (even if you bear searing hatred for them, because they have their path and you have yours and the only way to settle it is to confront one another).

Therefore, if your opponent presents as someone who will not take responsibility, does not take a 'stand', and tries to follow the path of least resistance they come across as lacking honour, discipline and, courage. I'm sure this would be viewed as flouting the basic principles that Ryouma stands for.

Furthermore, although not a perfect analogy, I'm sure Ryouma has taken to Bushido with the same enthusiasm that is seen in very devout religious followers: I'm sure he believes in his doctrine absolutely, therefore it's not only a slight on him (and his family and all that he's lost / has happen), but on the very way of life he pursues. No doubt in what is presented as a very Japanese country (therefore with a very Japanese mindset), this is a great insult.

I'm not saying that makes it okay (per se), but as others have said it's an intense mindset (it's not called a way of life for nothing) and Ryouma is clearly particularly zealous about it; no doubt in part due to his father's influence on him (he seems to be quite the daddy's boy).

In that context, I think that Ryouma's fury at Kamui in the 3rd path is justified. No doubt when the Nohr path is chosen it does upset Ryouma, but perhaps he respects his sibling for taking a stand and (maybe) believes he will get Kamui back when he defeats Nohr / restores peace?

In this 3rd possibility, he has to work with the people who are responsible for a lot of pain and trauma in his life - I'm sure most of us would struggle with people who are associated with the murder of a parent/(s), that's something that doesn't really require cultural context to understand. Even on a basic level I'm sure Ryouma's feelings can be understood. I know I'd struggle with it.

Of course, that all said, it would seem that Ryouma's fury is at the cost of some of those virtues he holds dear (self-control, benevolence, etc) - but he is human and the path of enlightenment is long: perhaps momentary 'red mists' are forgivable (particularly in that armour)...

You actually understood very well what I was trying to say with all that. His reasons are understandable but somewhat flawed because he somewhat "forgets" in his fury and hurt some very important things of his way of life, in the third route it looks like his self-control shattered and he made a wrong choice. He does get around to it and joins Kamui later on. The fact he did this shows a new side of his character. He's just a young man trying to find his way in life making mistakes along the way. In a way it makes him more interesting.

This adds new depth to his character when you realize he is just dealing with some real issues but goes about it a jerk ass way.

I think it has to do with his personality and way of thinking. He seems like a hot blooded and somewhat stuborn man wich easily explains how angry he gets at you and why he chases you for so long. His reasons for that are probably the tension between Norh and Hoshido(you know that kidnapping and war thing) but that doesn't explain why he gets more angry at you if you choose neither side in fact he seems less angry if you choose Norh. That's explained through the way of the Bushido wich according to his character profile he follows. The way of the Bushido is a set of rules that all samurai must follow and eventhough said rules may vary they always follow a set of eight virtues some of those virtues are loyalty, courage and honour. He probably thinks that by choosing neither side you're being a disloyal coward with no honour. Hoshido is your bloodline so it's kinda of a loyalty to your bloodline thing and Norh is said to be loyalty in the trailer so it would be easier to swallow if you end up choosing it if you choose neither it means you're severing your loyalty towards Norh and Hoshido and by doing it in his anger he sees you as a dishonorable coward. But that's just theory...

It's cowardly to run and avoid responsibility as well as a stain against one's honor.

From what I've read out of various dialogue, supports, amie convos, etc it seems he cares A LOT about Kamui, and one of the things he really doesn't want is to lose you again. As the oldest, he (and Hinoka) was old enough to remember Kamui when he was kidnapped.

Combined with the whole bushido thing outlined earlier, it is also apparent that he takes betrayal very personally. It probably hurt him a lot.

Don't forget that merely mentioning Kamui's name made Hinoka cry and she gave up a peaceful life to try and save Kamui. Ryouma even mentions how he misses the old Hinoka from before Kamui was kidnapped.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

It's cowardly to run and avoid responsibility as well as a stain against one's honor.

Don't forget that merely mentioning Kamui's name made Hinoka cry and she gave up a peaceful life to try and save Kamui. Ryouma even mentions how he misses the old Hinoka from before Kamui was kidnapped.

Its a sad affair all around and it just shows that this has hurt both families deeply,

but I feel the most sadness to Aqua and Kamui cause both of them unintentionally are the cause of alot of this feuding.

Its a sad affair all around and it just shows that this has hurt both families deeply,

but I feel the most sadness to Aqua and Kamui cause both of them unintentionally are the cause of alot of this feuding.

Both families just had to be more mature, and not take Kamui for granted because they can't think outside of themselves.

Logically, Kamui has no reason to trust any of them: Hoshido ? He literally doesn't even know them and

he isn't even related to any of them, sans Mikoto. Something that they conveniently don't say at first. Thank you scenario for being stupid. So I guess Hoshido lied to him ? How nice.

. Nohr familly ? They all lied, manipulated and apparently

brainwashed him

. Granted, they all loved him, sans Garon, but it doesn't change what I said. Their love is self-righteous, and more like a poison than anything. Plus being stupid at time.

Edited by B.Leu

Both families just had to be more mature, and not take Kamui for granted because they can't think outside of themselves.

Logically, Kamui has no reason to trust any of them: Hoshido ? He literally doesn't even know them and

he isn't even related to any of them, sans Mikoto. Something that they convenienty don't say at first. Thank you scenario for being stupid. So I guess Hoshido lied to him ? How nice.

. Nohr familly ? They all lied, manipulated and apparently

brainwashed him

. Granted, they all loved him, sans Garon, but it doesn't change what I said. Their love is self-righteous, and more like a poison than anything. Plus being stupid at time.

Kamui and Aqua third route support shows how both kinda drank the kool-aid of the nations they grew up in and it really shows that they were chest pieces in this political game of Nohr and Hoshido ,they may of been treated nicely by both families the but they were still hostages.

Kamui and Aqua third route support shows how both kinda drank the kool-aid of the nations they grew up in and it really shows that they were chest pieces in this political game of Nohr and Hoshido ,they may of been treated nicely by both families the but they were still hostages.

Given that the whole thing about politics was pretty much ditched in the third route and they all stood by you both even after that says something. They actually stop with the traitor business and come around to helping you out defeat the true enemy. Plus, they actually start getting along with each other very well.

On topic, Ryoma actually kind of goes a little insane from the rest of his siblings "betraying" Hoshido along with you but he actually joins you before Xander does when it was originally thought that he's the last person to do so. Not just that, but after Xander decides you're going crazy in Chapter 6 Ryoma defends you from him a little while even after you said you weren't choosing Hoshido or Nohr.