Would you play a 4th Evil Route?

Would you buy an evil Fourth Route?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Evil?

• Yes, it could prove interesting and give us new characters!
    • No, I can't survive slaughtering most of the Hoshido and Nohr characters!
    • Undecided.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest, we'd all do it for the Garon romance....

People want to romance a sludge monster? (Well it can shape shift i guess.... I'm going to stop talking...) Cause i don't think a 4th route would change that fact unless it was a prequel but then you have canon to think about... then again the real Garon appears to have had enough woman for one more not to affect history.

People want to romance a sludge monster? (Well it can shape shift i guess.... I'm going to stop talking...) Cause i don't think a 4th route would change that fact unless it was a prequel but then you have canon to think about... then again the real Garon appears to have had enough woman for one more not to affect history.

Can your eyes not comprehend his true form? Garon can't possibly be this cute.

Edited by CyberNinja

If it was already there I'd play it, but I wouldn't want for it to be made in the first place.

I'd prefer moral ambiguity over outright evil, which I guess is supposed to be Nohr's path but it seems that the writing wasn't done very well. It'd be nice if the ending to the third path wasn't such a Fire Emblem cliche, but I wouldn't like to have an explicitly 'evil' path.

Provided I could capture anyone I wanted for husbando purposes then yes, yes I would play an 'evil path'; pillage both countries, build a hareem, and feel very satisfied with what I'd achieved.

In all seriousness - I love seeing things expanded upon and 'what-if- scenarios, so I would be interested to see how such a path would be handled.

People already want to romance a slime girl, soooo... :p

I was really hoping that this is what the 3rd Path would end up being like, so of course I'd be all in for it.

That said, I would really love to see an "evil" path/plot in FE but I'd prefer to see it done properly, so maybe it would be better for that to happen in a completely new game rather than another tack-on to a game that already has 3 different possibilities.

At all the guys voting yes.

i recommend playing Der Langrisser for SNES (there was a NA realease for... gamegear i believe called warsong, its not as good as it only has one route)

EDIT: incorrect, der Langrisser is Langrisser 2, Warsong is the english name for langrisser 1. My bad

This game is a SRPG as well , similar to FE (although there are some major differences) including a "my unit" (snes era style, so by no means extensive) , class changing, around 80 different scenarios (on different routes, so they are recycled to some extent, albeit always with different "situations".

it also features 4(!) different routes:

Goody Two shoes (light path)

Joining the "iron fist" Empire to conquer the whole continent (and fight this stupid light/dark war going on)

Defecting said Empire because you think you should rule instead

Joining the bad guys (which is a little off story-wise but meh)

The game also has a very cheesy story (not unlike FE). Maybe its worth your time until fates arrives. i had quite a bit of fun with the game.

Sadly i cant say how much the cartridges are. While i know there is a superb translation around on the net i would never suggest getting a ROM or anything as this is evil.

Edited by Lord of Riva

On a personal note, I kind of feel like that would go against the concepts of Fire Emblem.

Well there was that one bonus map in New Mystery that has you play as the assassins (Katarina, Kuraine, All the Legion, Eremiya and /Gharnef/...oh and Athena's there too)...

No.

I've never really understood the fascination people have with evil paths. On a personal note, I kind of feel like that would go against the concepts of Fire Emblem.

And what concepts are those? What makes them deserve to be clung to?

Not if I had to drop another $20 on it. $80 (?) for what's essentially one 3DS game when combining the price of all of the routes? Yeah...no.