Class Changing and Inheritance Thread

I paired Arthur and Belka together, it seems Lutz gets Pegasus Warrior, not Cavalier (for some reason, hehe). Interesting, though. I think Shigure is enough for me, though.

Edited by Carter

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sure interesting.(Though I will not be using the pair.I will be using Pieri!Lutz so he can get Cav)

Since this is a Class Changing thread, I want to hear your opinion. Considering how you can only have 1 Lodestar and 1 Great Lord in the game, who should I reclass into those classes? Should I reclass Corrin and Azura into them, since they are the main lords? Should I reclass Leon into Lodestar, considering how he looks like a Blond Marth? Or maybe Odin, considering how

he is Marth's descendant

. Should I reclass Ophelia into Great Lord so that she can get the Awakening skill? Should I give those classes to a random character who has the "Royal Blue Hair"? Should I give them to someone else? The possibilities are endless.

Personally I will be reclassing Kamui and Aqua into them.With Aqua she can still use lances and even get up to B rank and Kamui can still use Yato and the S rank katana.However it depends on what you want to do.

Since this is a Class Changing thread, I want to hear your opinion. Considering how you can only have 1 Lodestar and 1 Great Lord in the game, who should I reclass into those classes? Should I reclass Corrin and Azura into them, since they are the main lords? Should I reclass Leon into Lodestar, considering how he looks like a Blond Marth? Or maybe Odin, considering how

he is Marth's descendant

. Should I reclass Ophelia into Great Lord so that she can get the Awakening skill? Should I give those classes to a random character who has the "Royal Blue Hair"? Should I give them to someone else? The possibilities are endless.

If those items remain limited then Ophelia would be my Great Lord receiver of choice, since she has the most potential for Awakening imo. Lodestar doesn't particularly stand out so I'd totally give it to Leon for the lulz

Actually, you're right, if anyone in the Lodestar class gets Marth's badass quadruple stabbing animation, no one is more deserving of the honor than Owain Odin

Edited by Bovinian

Oh, that's a scheme to just make the work more intense. -.-

Better get all of the unpromoted skills that you want first before promoting them.

Edited by Princess_Florina

Ophelia would also have the advantage thematically in that

she is a blood descendant of Marth, through Owain, Lissa, and then Chrom/Lissa/Emmeryn's ancestors

And therefore related to Lucina

Although I do admit that I'm tempted to just slap Great Lord on whichever female I have my male Avatar marry on the third route such that he can use Nohr+Hoshido to borrow Aether from her if he wants to, whether in Guard Stance or in Attack Stance.

So, after spending a lot of time playing the game myself, I have answers for a few of the questions on the original post.

First, I can confirm that Eponine receives Spellcaster if Nyx is her mother:

[spoiler=Eponine]

ss1IpVD.jpg

Second, I can also confirm that Villager CAN be inherited from Mozume.

[spoiler=Soleil]

6ZO23Av.jpg

The most interesting development, however, arose when I recruited Lutz after Arthur married Belka. If you guessed that Cavalier would be his third class set, it turns out that you were wrong. His third class set is actually . . .

[spoiler=Lutz]

. . . Pegasus Warrior.

hX1UfUB.jpg

So, taking these new facts into account along with what Keyser said about pairing Nishiki with Orochi, I think the inheritance rules can be revised to read as follows.

1. Each child's first class set corresponds to the default class set he or she has when first recruited.

2. The second class set is inherited from the child's set parent. If the child's first class set is not the same as the set parent's default class set, then the child will inherit the parent's default class set.

3. If the child's first class set is the same as the set parent's default class set, the child will instead inherit the set parent's alternate class set. A special case for this rule is Shigure, who starts as a Pegasus Warrior. Since Singer is a class exclusive to Aqua/Azura, he will instead inherit the Rod Knight class set from her.

4. The child's third class set is inherited from the child's variable parent. If neither of the child's first two class sets are the same as the variable parent's default class set, then the child will inherit the variable parent's default class set.

5. If either of the child's first two class sets are the same as the variable parent's default class set, the child will instead inherit the class set analogous to the variable parent's class set.

The examples above, along with the example of Orochi marrying Kamui that was mentioned in the original post, make it clear that the game has some sort of system that creates certain pairs of class sets. These pairs seem to consist of one class set from Hoshido and one class set from Nohr for the purposes of child inheritance as well as Kamui's spouse using a Marriage Seal. From the information we have so far, it seems that two such pairs are Spellcaster <-> Dark Mage and Pegasus Warrior <-> Wyvern Rider. The analogous class sets seem to perform similar roles to one another. As such, a preliminary list could be written based on this conjecture.

Samurai <-> Mercenary (unconfirmed)

Oni Savage <-> Fighter (unconfirmed)

Lance Fighter <-> Knight (unconfirmed)

Ninja <-> Outlaw (unconfirmed)

Spellcaster <-> Dark Mage (confirmed)

Pegasus Warrior <-> Wyvern Rider (confirmed)

Priest/Priestess <-> Rod Knight (unconfirmed)

Herb Merchant <-> ?????

Cavalier <-> ?????

Bowman <-> ?????

That should settle most of the questions.

So, under these rules, similar pairings should work the same way, right? As in:

Arthur/Camilla -> Pegasus Warrior

Odin/Nyx -> Spellcaster

Has anyone tested these pairings out to see if these rules hold true for all pairings?

Also, since the Cavalier equivalent seems to be a mystery, could I request Arthur/Pieri? Arthur has the Fighter and Cavalier tree, so Pieri should pass down the Hoshido equivalent of Cavalier, right?

So, under these rules, similar pairings should work the same way, right? As in:

Arthur/Camilla -> Pegasus Warrior

Odin/Nyx -> Spellcaster

Has anyone tested these pairings out to see if these rules hold true for all pairings?

Also, since the Cavalier equivalent seems to be a mystery, could I request Arthur/Pieri? Arthur has the Fighter and Cavalier tree, so Pieri should pass down the Hoshido equivalent of Cavalier, right?

Nope.

Arthur/Camilla -> Dark Mage

Odin/Nyx -> Outlaw/Thief

Because those are Camilla's and Nyx' secondary classes, which are not already automatically inherited by Lutz and Ophelia from their fathers.

Nope.

Arthur/Camilla -> Dark Mage

Odin/Nyx -> Outlaw/Thief

Because those are Camilla's and Nyx' secondary classes, which are not already automatically inherited by Lutz and Ophelia from their fathers.

I feel like I'm interpreting this section wrong:

4. The child's third class set is inherited from the child's variable parent. If neither of the child's first two class sets are the same as the variable parent's default class set, then the child will inherit the variable parent's default class set.

5. If either of the child's first two class sets are the same as the variable parent's default class set, the child will instead inherit the class set analogous to the variable parent's class set.

In Arthur/Camilla, Lutz's first class set would be Wyvern Rider and the second Fighter. Wyvern Rider coincides with Camilla's default class set, so I assumed that Lutz would get the class set analogous to Camilla's default class set-- Pegasus Warrior.

However, given your response, I'm assuming that in order to qualify for the analogous class set, both of the child's first two class sets have to be the same as the two class sets the variable parent has, rather than only one class set being the same as the variable parent's default class set. And that the children can, in fact, pick up the variable parent's secondary class set as well.

(I feel like this information has been repeated, so apologies for the questioning!)

Edited by Minischew

I feel like I'm interpreting this section wrong:

In Arthur/Camilla, Lutz's first class set would be Wyvern Rider and the second Fighter. Wyvern Rider coincides with Camilla's default class set, so I assumed that Lutz would get the class set analogous to Camilla's default class set-- Pegasus Warrior.

However, given your response, I'm assuming that in order to qualify for the analogous class set, both of the child's first two class sets have to be the same as the two class sets the variable parent has, rather than only one class set being the same as the variable parent's default class set. And that the children can, in fact, pick up the variable parent's secondary class set as well.

(I feel like this information has been repeated, so apologies for the questioning!)

I think this is a better way to look at it: Just like the gen 1 parents, all of the children also naturally come with two fixed class sets. One is the class they start in, and one is the class they inherit from their father. The mother will pass down an analogous class set only if both of her class sets coincide with the child's natural two class sets (which may not necessarily be the same as the father's two class sets, like in the case of Lutz). If this isn't the case, she will pass down whichever one of her classes the child doesn't already have access to, with her base class obviously taking priority.

Edited by Bovinian

1. Each child's first class set corresponds to the default class set he or she has when first recruited.

2. The second class set is inherited from the child's set parent. If the child's first class set is not the same as the set parent's default class set, then the child will inherit the parent's default class set.

3. If the child's first class set is the same as the set parent's default class set, the child will instead inherit the set parent's alternate class set. A special case for this rule is Shigure, who starts as a Pegasus Warrior. Since Singer is a class exclusive to Aqua/Azura, he will instead inherit the Rod Knight class set from her.

Well, pretty much the only difference I can point out is that the case of Jakob!Shigure (which, along with Orochi!Kinu, needs a Second Check) actually opens the possibilty that the Inherit algorithm doesn't stick actually to "Set Parent first, then Variable one" but rather to "Father first, then Mother".

Basically:

The Child Unit's Class Set has a Starting Class Tree

First Phase, Father Check:

If the Child does NOT share the SAME Base Class Tree as his/her Father's:

The Child inherits his/her Father's Base Class Tree

Otherwise:

The Child inherits his/her Father's Alternate Class Tree

Second Phase, Mother Check:

If the Child's Class Set does NOT contain the Mother' Base Class Tree:

The Child inherits his/her Mother's Base Class Tree

In Other Case:

If the Child's Class Set does NOT contain the Mother' Alternate Class Tree:

The Child inherits his/her Mother's Alternate Class Tree

Else:

The Child inherits the Faction Parallel of his/her Mother's Base Class Tree

Other than that, testing Faction Parallels would require marrying a lot of Different Avatars with different Secondary Classes to Units with Matching Base Class Trees. (And the match have to be in the Base Class, because the Marriage Seal turns into a light version of the Parallel if the match lies in one of the Alternates)

And of course, I won't be surprised if Cavalier <-> Samurai is valid.

Edited by AstraSage

Well, pretty much the only difference I can point out is that the case of Jakob!Shigure (which, along with Orochi!Kinu, needs a Second Check) actually opens the possibilty that the Inherit algorithm doesn't stick actually to "Set Parent first, then Variable one" but rather to "Father first, then Mother".

Basically:

The Child Unit's Class Set has a Starting Class Tree

First Phase, Father Check:

If the Child does NOT share the SAME Base Class Tree as his/her Father's:

The Child inherits his/her Father's Base Class Tree

Otherwise:

The Child inherits his/her Father's Alternate Class Tree

Second Phase, Mother Check:

If the Child's Class Set does NOT contain the Mother' Base Class Tree:

The Child inherits his/her Mother's Base Class Tree

In Other Case:

If the Child's Class Set does NOT contain the Mother' Alternate Class Tree:

The Child inherits his/her Mother's Alternate Class Tree

Else:

The Child inherits the Faction Parallel of his/her Mother's Base Class Tree

Other than that, testing Faction Parallels would require marrying a lot of Different Avatars with different Secondary Classes to Units with Matching Base Class Trees. (And the match have to be in the Base Class, because the Marriage Seal turns into a light version of the Parallel if the match lies in one of the Alternates)

And of course, I won't be surprised if Cavalier <-> Samurai is valid.

That conditional tree looks pretty solid as far as I can tell. As for your proposed method of testing faction parallels, has it been proven that this is what actually happens? Rather than the spouse just getting nothing out of it?

Edit: Nvm I see it mentioned in the original post. Interesting that no other examples of that have come up so far. To add to Sigma's preliminary list, it makes sense for Bowman to have Outlaw as a faction parallel. Bow Knight even makes more sense as a promotion for Bowman than it does for Outlaw anyway.

Edited by Bovinian

That conditional tree looks pretty solid as far as I can tell. As for your proposed method of testing faction parallels, has it been proven that this is what actually happens? Rather than the spouse just getting nothing out of it?

Edit: Nvm I see it mentioned in the original post. Interesting that no other examples of that have come up so far.

Probably because no one would pick the obvious overlap at first.

And speaking of overlaps, now I'm wondering what would happen more in detail if a Marriage Seal were to be actually used in a Nishiki-married Orochi, a Flannel-married Charlotte, a Mozume-married Takumi or a Azura-married Subaki. (The latter one I would suspect to get Rod Knight from Azura's Hidden Class Set)

Having an Avatar with a certain secondary class set marry a unit with the same class set as their base class set isn't the only way to figure out analogous class sets. You could also have a child whose mother has a base class set that matches one of those first two class sets and simply use a Parallel Seal. By this logic, you could figure out Mercenary's analogue by having Sophie mothered by Luna, for example. Gurei having Kagerou as his mother could be used for Ninja, and so on and so forth.

Probably because no one would pick the obvious overlap at first.

And speaking of overlaps, now I'm wondering what would happen more in detail if a Marriage Seal were to be actually used in a Nishiki-married Orochi, a Flannel-married Charlotte, a Mozume-married Takumi or a Azura-married Subaki. (The latter one I would suspect to get Rod Knight from Azura's Hidden Class Set)

Edit: Er wait, for the special classes (or at least, I think), I.E. Nishiki, Flannel, Azura, these situations act differently, so they get the secondary instead. I believe. I suppose it applies to Mozume as well, Villager does seem to be special, ironically.

Yeah some of these things have been repeated quite a lot, but I myself can't confirm since I don't watch many, if any class changing related videos.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Yeah, in the case of the Kamui-sexuals who come with Three Trees in their Class Set to compensate their inability to Buddy Seal, they could still work with the inheritance restriction with the caveat of it's not 100 % known which Alternate Class gets priority for any of them if the Avatar has their Base Class as his/her Secondary (we're still working with how Vincent arranged the Class Sets).

On that note, marrying an Herb-Merchant!Avatar with Yukimura is something that should be tested at some point because Herb Merchant sounds the most likely to be the Odd Tree of the Faction Parallels (Because Hoshidan Class Trees outnumber Nohrian Ones by one) and he is among the only two who start in that Tree.

Having an Avatar with a certain secondary class set marry a unit with the same class set as their base class set isn't the only way to figure out analogous class sets. You could also have a child whose mother has a base class set that matches one of those first two class sets and simply use a Parallel Seal. By this logic, you could figure out Mercenary's analogue by having Sophie mothered by Luna, for example. Gurei having Kagerou as his mother could be used for Ninja, and so on and so forth.

The problem with those proposed examples is that the Child's Class Set has to completely overlap the Mother's in order to inherit a Faction Parallel: Luna!Sophie and Kagerou!Gurei would instead be inheriting Luna's Pegasus Knight and Kagerou's Spellcaster Trees respectively.

Does anyone know what Joker!Shigure gets?I mean Shigure already has Rod Knight so I was wondering if he gets Cavalier instead.

Yeah, in the case of the Kamui-sexuals who come with Three Trees in their Class Set to compensate their inability to Buddy Seal, they could still work with the inheritance restriction with the caveat of it's not 100 % known which Alternate Class gets priority for any of them if the Avatar has their Base Class as his/her Secondary (we're still working with how Vincent arranged the Class Sets).

On that note, marrying an Herb-Merchant!Avatar with Yukimura is something that should be tested at some point because Herb Merchant sounds the most likely to be the Odd Tree of the Faction Parallels (Because Hoshidan Class Trees outnumber Nohrian Ones by one) and he is among the only two who start in that Tree.

The problem with those proposed examples is that the Child's Class Set has to completely overlap the Mother's in order to inherit a Faction Parallel: Luna!Sophie and Kagerou!Gurei would instead be inheriting Luna's Pegasus Knight and Kagerou's Spellcaster Trees respectively.

One way to find out is to have Kamui marry Crimson.

Wait correct me if I'm wrong but is there a way for a male avatar to get the Oni Savage line without marrying Rinkah or using it as the chosen class. There's no male character that can give them the line via Buddy seal since Rinkah is the only oni savage. Correct me if I'm not understanding how buddy Seals work

Wait correct me if I'm wrong but is there a way for a male avatar to get the Oni Savage line without marrying Rinkah or using it as the chosen class. There's no male character that can give them the line via Buddy seal since Rinkah is the only oni savage. Correct me if I'm not understanding how buddy Seals work

Sadly there is no way to get Oni for a male unless you choose it as your secondary or marry Rinka(Since A ranking Rinka will not work sinc ethey have to be of the same gender but I could be wrong on this)

However there could be a chance that if your secondary is the same as someones base class that has Oni as a secondary you may be able to.(E.g if your secondary is Samurai and you A rank with Hinata who has Oni as his secondary but this may be false)

On a side note, Shigure gets Wyvern Rider if Joker is his dad.