Skill Combos

NekoKnight

What are some skill combos that people are considering for various characters? I've thought of a few builds I'd like to try eventually.

Strength Seal

Magic Seal

Renewal

Defensive Formation

Four Fangs

Notes: This is one I'd place on a General or other high defense class. The idea is you'd walk into a large group of enemies and weaken them with the seals and Four Fangs. Defensive Formation keeps you safe from double attacks and Renewal increases your longevity. Kind of bothersome that the skills are gathered from all over the place.

Four Fangs

Snake Poison

Defense Seal

Resistance Seal

Draconic Curse

Notes: The offensive debuffer. Without even damaging the target, this set will reduce the enemy health by 40%, and lower their defense and speed reduced by 10 and everything else by 4. Add on the debuffs of hidden weapons and that enemy is officially out of commission. Probably overkill but I'd love to make a streetpass team where everyone has this. Too bad Four Fangs and Draconic curse are so exclusive.

Vantage

Line of Death

Astra/Sol

Breaking Sky

Lance/Swordfaire

Notes: This is kind of an offensive/defensive build that centers around Vantage. Even if you drop below 50% health, you are still likely to do heavy damage through your counterattacks, especially on crit-happy classes like True Blade and Holy Lancer. Originally I was trying to put together the "Danger Mario" build but with Wrath removed and Vengeance nerfed, this was the next best thing. This is a nice setup because all the skills are drawn fro two class lines.

Ogre Strike

Aggressor

Luna/Astra

Breaking Sky

Galeforce

Notes: This is a max offense build that tries to do the most damage possible on the player phase. Maybe all the offense skills are over kill but it all increases the likelihood of killing 1-2 targets per player phase.

What do you think?

Are you assuming buying your skills, or obtaining them naturally with skill inheritance, class inheritance, marriage seals, and buddy seals?

For example, your first set involves, as you kind of already allude to, five different class trees, which is only something that can emerge from a child with marriage seals and buddy seals… and that's if you could even arrange for that combination in the first place.

Strength Seal [samurai Tree]

Magic Seal [Dark Mage Tree]

Renewal [Priest Tree]

Defensive Formation [Knight Tree]

Four Fangs [this is one of the shape shifters, right?]

Here are some:

Suggested to me by someone on GameFAQ

1. Swallow Strike

2. Weapon-faire (Swordfaire, Bowfaire, Lancefaire, etc.)

3. Line of Death

4. Prescient Victory

5. filler [such as another Strike skill, example, Mirror Strike or Flowing Strike]

This is something that can be accomplished without using DLC… it doesn't need marriage or buddy seals either… for example, the person who suggested it to me was considering Setsuna!Matoi as their example…. the idea is to stack a lot of attack boosters (+5+10+4 = +19 attack, plus an additional +4 in Matoi's case for +23) and also help guarantee a doubling.

Just playing around with some ideas without thinking about how it would work (without directly purchasing the skills). Only the 3rd set mentioned can be done very easily. The one you mentioned is simple but sounds effective. The game's shift to more offensive play (all those strike skills and other effects that only activate during your turn) make the enemy phase contrast greatly with the player phase in how well your character will manage, so creating balanced sets is a little tricky. Line of Death in particular could be a death sentence if not used carefully.

That's true….

I myself might consider something like:

Trueblade (S-rank swords, +10 avoid):

1. Swordfaire (from the same class)

2. possibly a proc skill (Astra from the same class, or a more reliable one like Luna/Breaking Sky if available…. or you could just go defensive with Sol (32%)); or you could use this for other utility

3. Swallow Strike (double more easily)

4. a weapon breaker… perhaps Axebreaker to deal with Berserkers, or Lancebreaker to counter WT disadvantage

5…. Need to think on this one…

I don't tend to put together enormous five-skill setups like this out of theorycrafting, but there are some smaller skill combos that sound pretty good.

Flamboyant + Lethality: Flat +15 activation for Lethality? Sweet.

Miracle + Lucky Charm (Midoriko): +20% chance of Miracle activating is kinda nice.

Easy Life + Extravagance + Lucky Charm (Midoriko): Easy way to rack up Gold Coins for Extravagance.

Prescient Victory + Raven Strike + Snake Venom: An easy setup (for Setsuna specifically) to turn her player-phase attacks into well-targeted bombs. Add on a -faire for even more kick.

Copycat + Eastern Heart/ Sun God/ Tuning (Shigure)/ Haiku (Mitama): AOE healing with careful positioning from two separate locations.

Slap on Hoshido if you can and thats 25% activation. It'd be a killer in online battles.

Also, do Sealing Skills, Draconic Curse, and Kunai Debuffs stack? I've heard some conflicting info on this one.

I've thought up a Ryoma + Shinonome set that think is really good:

Ryoma @ Trueblade

• Way Of The Samurai

• Battle Command

• Line Of Death

• Swordfaire

• Sun God

• Vantage

For use in Guard Stance with Shinonome. It raises stats and blocks additional attacks which is great for Glass Cannon/Support. Use an eternal seal to get 5 a few levels above Shinonome, and Way of the Samurai will always be active. I put Battle Command and Sun God on him because it's gonna be the people up front who need the support, and it helps for the support unit to be a frontliner simultaneously. Swordfaire is obvious, but Line Of Death bumps him up from powerful to nuclear bomb. However, LoD has 10 more damage dealt to you as well, so Vantage is there so you don't get effed up on enemy phase. Once Ryoma is low on health to the point were it is a risk to keep him in play, swap to Shinonome.

Shinonome @ Butler

• Righteous Bravery

• Attack And Guard Stance

Since you swap to Shinonome when Ryoma is low on health, that means Righteous Bravery will always be active. Attack And Guard Stance gives you the buffs to your defense you need as a defensive unit, while giving you the capability to trigger Dual Strike to give you more of an offensive edge. No clue what the other 4 skills should be. They should increase my longevity, but it kinda depends on how or if debuffs stack.

Edited by Trickeroo

Speaking of certain skills stacking:

Would Counter and Magic Counter stack if a unit attacks a magic-user from range-1 to effectively return double the damage inflicted?

If not, perhaps Nyx's Curse Reflection could work in conjunction with Magic Counter to return 1.5 times the damage dealt to magic units?

If functional, this could be used as a more offensive alternative to the Tomebreaker+Mirror Strike combo accessed by those with the Pegasus Warrior and Rod Knight classes.

Also, what effect Kaze's Prayer of Bonds skill have if he's supporting a unit with Miracle?

"PvP is not balanced"

-Hoshido

-Flamboyant

-Lethality

-Breaking Sky

-Copycat

Mounted classes with Boots.

If possible to get ahold of the Battle and Bond Emblems do that too.

This gets you 8 characters with between 28-33 class max Skill with up to +3 from the items and up to +10 from mods

So between 28 and 46... without rallies

Slap down a 5th [this is why I said 8, not 10] rocking Rallies.

32-50(sweet got a 50)

32: 8 + 25: 33% Lethality; 32*1.5= 48+25 = 73% Breaking Sky (48.91)

Brave Swings:

55.11% - Lethality

23.921881% - Double Breaking Sky

17.695638% - Breaking Sky/Fizzle

3.272481%- Double Fizzle

50: 37% Lethality; 50*1.5=75 +25 = Booyah

Brave Swings:

60.31% - Lethality (Other hit is Breaking Sky)

39.69% - Double Breaking Sky

0% - Fizzle

Here's a simple set you could do.

Deadly Breath + Snake Poison + Explosive Flame (Saizo)

When the user attacks, all enemies in a 2 tile radius lose 40% of their health (if Saizo is below 50% health).

I don't tend to put together enormous five-skill setups like this out of theorycrafting, but there are some smaller skill combos that sound pretty good.

Miracle + Lucky Charm (Midoriko): +20% chance of Miracle activating is kinda nice.

Easy Life + Extravagance + Lucky Charm (Midoriko): Easy way to rack up Gold Coins for Extravagance.

Prescient Victory + Raven Strike + Snake Venom: An easy setup (for Setsuna specifically) to turn her player-phase attacks into well-targeted bombs. Add on a -faire for even more kick.

Copycat + Eastern Heart/ Sun God/ Tuning (Shigure)/ Haiku (Mitama): AOE healing with careful positioning from two separate locations.

Nice, simple combos. You could give Midoriko Sol so she has a way to bring her health back during the enemy phase and allow miracle to activate again. She could use this set up: Miracle + Flamboyance + Sol + Easy Life + Extravagence. With max stats as a Great Merchant (not taking modifiers into account) she'd have a 67% chance to activate Miracle and Easy Life and 44% chance to activate Sol.

Ryoma @ Trueblade

• Way Of The Samurai

• Battle Command

• Line Of Death

• Swordfaire

• Sun God

• Vantage

For use in Guard Stance with Shinonome. It raises stats and blocks additional attacks which is great for Glass Cannon/Support. Use an eternal seal to get 5 a few levels above Shinonome, and Way of the Samurai will always be active. I put Battle Command and Sun God on him because it's gonna be the people up front who need the support, and it helps for the support unit to be a frontliner simultaneously. Swordfaire is obvious, but Line Of Death bumps him up from powerful to nuclear bomb. However, LoD has 10 more damage dealt to you as well, so Vantage is there so you don't get effed up on enemy phase. Once Ryoma is low on health to the point were it is a risk to keep him in play, swap to Shinonome.

I didn't realize Ryoma and Shinonome synergize so well. I want to try this one now.

Miracle + Vantage + Vengeance is so broke in Awakening, have they changed anything about these 3 abilities. Have they got rid of Vengeance?

No, but they DID nerf its activation rate.

Some builds I'm using:

Camila/Elise/Hinoka/Aqua

-Warp

-Solidarity(Ally +10Crit/CritAvoid)

-Charisma/Devilish Wind

-Battle Command

-Copycat Puppet/Special Song

*Miracle

Midoriko Main:

-Vantage

-Nohr

-Hoshido

-Flamboyant

-Awakening/-faire/Line of Death/Proximity Shot

Suzukaze Support:

-Prayer

-Guard Stance+

-Aether

-Astra

-Lethal/Tactical Guide

*Critial

Odin/Ophelia Main

-Vantage

-Awakening

-Attack and Guard Stance

-Roundhouse

-*faire

Luna Support

-Guard Stance+

-Tactical Guide

3 slots + Damage skill

*Hit and Run

-Strength/Magic Drain/*faire

-Aggressor

-Raven Strike

-Warp

-Galeforce

Edited by someone

No, but they DID nerf its activation rate.

Nerfed its activation rate [from Skill*2 to Skill*1.5] (You need 50 Skill minimum to hit 100% again, but that's harder with lower Skill caps and you need two more skill slots for Hoshido and Flamboyant), nerfed everyone's HP [70 is the best cap and only on a few classes] (56.57 average HP cap for Hoshido, 57.18 for Nohr, 56.85 for both)-- a dangerous game for ~28 power.

Safe to say Vengeance/Vantage has been gutted, especially with Braves no longer function on EP.

Nerfed its activation rate [from Skill*2 to Skill*1.5] (You need 50 Skill minimum to hit 100% again, but that's harder with lower Skill caps and you need two more skill slots for Hoshido and Flamboyant), nerfed everyone's HP [70 is the best cap and only on a few classes] (56.57 average HP cap for Hoshido, 57.18 for Nohr, 56.85 for both)-- a dangerous game for ~28 power.

Safe to say Vengeance/Vantage has been gutted, especially with Braves no longer function on EP.

Ayup. Also, dual strikes only do half damage, right? That can't help.

Ayup. Also, dual strikes only do half damage, right? That can't help.

Basically.

The strategy's been hammered, it'd be pretty hard to keep it workable now.

Also, Vengeance itself got hammered by the random appearance of a Luna-class skill in its activation bracket.

Breaking Sky adds half the enemy's offense stat.

In terms of Effective Power Breaking Sky will match Luna in a solid chunk of cases.

Except Breaking Sky has a Skill*1.5 activation rate- same as Vengeance.

You're getting Luna-level power and safety with Vengeance level activation rates.

Edited by Airship Canon

Here's a simple set you could do.

Deadly Breath + Snake Poison + Explosive Flame (Saizo)

When the user attacks, all enemies in a 2 tile radius lose 40% of their health (if Saizo is below 50% health).

Not bad but you would probably would want to add something to help Saizou survive with at most 30% health but then again he can get vantage easily so this post kinda cancels its self out. Line of death and maybe sword faire might help too.

Takumi - Holy Bowman (power)/Golden kite fighter (range and movement)

Breaking sky - Basara (Proc skill)

Defence Seal - Lancer

Speed Seal - Holy Lancer

Sun God (Support if surrounded by allies)/Bowfaire (power)

Raven Strike (more likely to HIT the enemy and to get debuffs on enemies on the player phase).

Takumi here is to just kind of chip damage to the enemy with his bow. Also the debuffs he gets on the enemy if he hits others can kind of finish it off.

Lazward - Class is Brave hero

Copycat puppet - If it copies the personal skill then 2 azure dances.

Sol - To survive longer

Stubborness - Again to survive longer so he can dance around. The puppet should be pretty sturdy as well.

Snake venom - to chip EXTRA damage WHEN attacking

Kunai Breaker - to survive longer as well

Lazward here is to survive and dance around.

Marriage seals were not taken into account.

These sets are based on the player phase

Edited by SonPancham

Defence Seal - Lancer

Speed Seal - Holy Lancer

Raven Strike (more likely to hit and to get debuffs on enemies).

Takumi here is to just kind of chip damage to the enemy with his bow. Also the debuffs he gets on the enemy others can kind of finish it off.

Sol - To survive longer

Stubborness - Again to survive longer so he can dance around. The puppet should be pretty sturdy as well.

Snake venom - to chip EXTRA damage if attacked

A few corrections.Seals activate whether you hit the enemy or not. They automatically activate after combat. Snake Venom only activates when you initiate combat so it won't work during the enemy phase.

Something silly I thought up in the chat the other day:

Nohr

Line of Death

Easy Life

Extravagance

Copycat Puppet

Nohr and Line of Death together should be easy to achieve on the third route on the assumption that you retain access to the Dark Blood class. The rest can be covered by Herb Merchant disposition.

Anyway, this set should effectively give the Avatar (and his/her child/ren) +40 damage--10 from LoD, 10 from Extravagance, x2 from Nohr. Twice, thanks to Copycat Puppet.

Edited by Tamarsamar

Y'know, if we're also talking about Personal Skills and Skill Synergy between stance partners, Wicked Fantasy + Ladies First sounds good. It contantly gives Eponine +4 Damage and -2 Recieved. If you're willing to give her stuff like Line Of Death or a -Faire/Overbearing, she can unleash some serious havoc.

• 1 year later...

What do you guys think of this combo? I was trying to come up with a Rebounding character so I came up with this.

Strong Riposte

Luna/Sol/(Lifetaker)

Astra/Aegis/Pavise

Vantage

Duelist's Blow/Wary Fighter/Galeforce

Strong Riposte with Vantage almost guarantees that you'll be doing some damage to your opponent when they attack you, while Duelist's Blow lets you dodge attacks easier on your turn so you have a little bit of a safety net. Luna and Astra are my main "point exploitation" abilities (combining with my high Skill and normally high crit chances, Luna!Crits and Astra!Crits are fairly common). Sol shouldn't be taken over Luna unless you need the sustain, while Lifetaker is the same but really not recommended unless you have weapons that can exploit weaknesses (Hammer, Bolt Naginata, etc). Aegis and Pavise in place of Astra are for a more defensive combo to cover up its weaknesses, but the versatility of Astra should outweigh the need to go with either of the skills. Wary Fighter in place of Duelist's Blow is another defensive option if you're afraid of speed, but I seriously don't recommend it because you should be using a high speed to take the most advantage of Astra and Luna so it should be moot; Galeforce is a much better option, but only if you can actually take your opponents out which isn't as guaranteed as the Avoid you get from Duelist's Blow.

This combo is stronger with more defensive weapons, unless you're wielding Brave weapons. You can also use weapons with more Avoid to take advantage of Duelist's Blow, but this generally means you're dealing less damage (meaning you need to rely on Luna). It's working for me so far, though I've had a need to stat my defenses higher than normal. Hope you guys like it :)

Why don't you go for the Miracle Midori with Kaze as a support unit?

Midori:

• Hoshidan Unity
  • Nohrian Trust
  • Luck +4
  • Quixotic
  • Vantage

Kaze:

• Lethality
  • Astra
  • Rend Heaven
  • Aether
  • (up to you, maybe Luna, Sol or Dragon Fang)
Edited by Mira Vermilion

Why don't you go for the Miracle Midori with Kaze as a support unit?

Midori:

• Hoshidan Unity
  • Nohrian Trust
  • Luck +4
  • Quixotic
  • Vantage

Kaze:

• Lethality
  • Astra
  • Rend Heaven
  • Aether
  • (up to you, maybe Luna, Sol or Dragon Fang)

Needs more Pavise/Aegis IMO.

Needs more Pavise/Aegis IMO.

Just fill in as the 5th skill for Kaze

The important thing is to let Kaze use procable skills. Since Midori has Nohrian Trust, she's able to use Kaze's skills.

If you want to get nearly 100% proc chance, you have to play Revelations, ship Mozu with Kaze, getting all the gold statues.

Edited by Mira Vermilion

Amaterasu won't work with the clones, only those close to the originals will benefit from it. Other aura skills (damage boosters/reducers) will still work.

Slap on Hoshido if you can and thats 25% activation. It'd be a killer in online battles.

Also, do Sealing Skills, Draconic Curse, and Kunai Debuffs stack? I've heard some conflicting info on this one.

Ryoma @ Trueblade

• Way Of The Samurai
  • Battle Command
  • Line Of Death
  • Swordfaire
  • Sun God
  • Vantage

Shinonome @ Butler

• Righteous Bravery
  • Attack And Guard Stance
Since you swap to Shinonome when Ryoma is low on health, that means Righteous Bravery will always be active. Attack And Guard Stance gives you the buffs to your defense you need as a defensive unit, while giving you the capability to trigger Dual Strike to give you more of an offensive edge. No clue what the other 4 skills should be. They should increase my longevity, but it kinda depends on how or if debuffs stack.
Debuffs don't stack, even if from different sources.

I think Astra should be on both characters, since it'd allow them to increase the shield gauge faster. I'd take Amaterasu and Inspiration off Ryoma, since he's best used as a hitter and you'd probably have a better supporter to use near the front rows (any female royal actually), that would be able to support other frontmen AND Ryoma. If you switch one of those skills with Astra and the other one with Defender (Paladin LV5 skill, Silas bond, all stats +1 when paired up) or Dual Guarder (Lodestar LV25 skill, even though it's a DLC class, you get one free). Either way, you boost Ryoma's durability.

You can use Dual Guarder as one of Shiro's skills. It works for both front and rear fighters (if both characters had it, it would increase four shields per attack).

The supporters I mentioned earlier are any of the female royals with Inspiration (all of them can get them easily, Elise directly, Hinoka via Azura and the other three via Elise or marrying Jakob) and Amaterasu (Hinoka, Azura and Sakura con access Amaterasu on their own and Elise and Camilla by bonding with Azura and Hinoka respectively). While getting Inspiration, they'd get Demoiselle as well, for further support. Azura's Songstress skillset and Camilla's Dark Mage would give them more auras. Camilla at her default class can be sturdy enough to stand near the front rows.

Defence Seal - Lancer

Speed Seal - Holy Lancer

Raven Strike (more likely to HIT the enemy and to get debuffs on enemies on the player phase).

Takumi here is to just kind of chip damage to the enemy with his bow. Also the debuffs he gets on the enemy if he hits others can kind of finish it off.

Sol - To survive longer

Snake venom - to chip EXTRA damage WHEN attacking

These sets are based on the player phase

Just using Lazward as a Rallybot and not giving him additional rallies is a waste. You can get SKL within Lazlow's skillset, STR via Keaton bond, and other ones via marriage (DEF with Camilla/Beruka, RES with Elise, SPD with Selena, MGC with Orochi on Revelations path). That'd make three Rally skills loaded (you can, of course buy any skill you want in other castles). Copycat would work perfectly to rally to sides of the map. Instead of Stubbornness, try getting Renewal from a castle, since it's a guaranteed 30% heal instead a LCK-chance 20%.

Something silly I thought up in the chat the other day:

Nohr

Line of Death

Easy Life

Extravagance

Copycat Puppet

Nohr and Line of Death together should be easy to achieve on the third route on the assumption that you retain access to the Dark Blood class. The rest can be covered by Herb Merchant disposition.Anyway, this set should effectively give the Avatar (and his/her child/ren) +40 damage--10 from LoD, 10 from Extravagance, x2 from Nohr. Twice, thanks to Copycat Puppet.

Nohr only activates proc skills, and neither LoD or Extravagance are, so it's just a +20.