For those willing to marry a 1st gen female... (Spoilers)

Kyan Surr

Read the description first. Question: Which kid would you rather lose in order to marry a 1st gen girl?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. In Hoshido?

• Midoriko (Kaze)
    • Deere (Jakob)
    • Sophie (Silas)
    • Shynonoume (Ryouma)
    • Kisaragi (Takumi)
    • Gurei (Saizou)
    • Matoi (Subaki)
    • Syalla (Tsukuyomi)
    • Mitama (Asama)
    • Hisame (Hinata)
    • Kinu (Nikishi)
    • I will marry a child/Kamui-sexual // I'm playing as a female // Others
  2. 2. In Nohr?

• Midoriko (Kaze)
    • Deere (Jacob)
    • Sophie (Silas)
    • Siegbert (Xander)
    • Foleo (Leo)
    • Ignis (Benoit)
    • Velour (Flannel
    • Lutz (Arthur)
    • Ophelia (Odin)
    • Soleil (Lazward)
    • Éponine (Zero)
    • I will marry a child/Kamui-sexual // I'm playing as a female // Others

Okay I made this topic to talk about an aspect of the game I recently discovered and want to know what you all think.

If you are planning to play as the male avatar and marry a girl from the 1st gen characters you should know that doing that you'll kill one of the kids. Well not kill, but you won't let one kid be born. Yes, marrying Camilla costs the life of an innocent kid xD

Well, this happens because there are exactly 11 men (who have children) [plus de Avatar (so 12)] in each path, and exactly the same number of women who can have supports with them: 11. This does not happen if you play as a female. So, playing as a male you are forced to marry a children unit or the "Kamui-sexuals" (characters that can only support with Kamui) which I feel it is pretty bad strategically speaking because of the new Attack Stance in which supports with other units are really useful. Just with onbe female more available for all the fathers this would not happen... but IS did it this way don't know why...

Prove: I discovered this walking on Google for pictures of Fire Emblem Fates, here the picture where it is explained:

So this leads to two questions: are you still thinking to marry a 1st gen female character? and if you do so, which child are you going to "kill", I'm really interested in this second question, that why I did the poll :D

Discussion about this aspect of the game is absolutely welcome, I want to know what you all think.

I don't want to miss any character, I want to have and get to know all of them, but there are 1st gen females I'm really into and pairing myself with a child it's a thing I find pretty weird imo xD I don't know what to do, I hate this mechanic so badly!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this decision would be harder to make than it was. Forever alone Tsukuyomi :D

It's a little harder in Nohr but I picked Zero to be alone there. I like Eponine well enough but it wouldn't be the end of the world to lose her.

Of course that only applies in playthroughs where I'll want to marry one of the non-kamuisexual 1st gen women, there will be plenty of times where I happily hook up with men, kamuisexuals and 2nd gen characters.

It is a bit of a weird design choice though, definitely. It can't have been that hard to give more supports to one of the kamuisexual women on each side.

Edited by capmalachi

Syalla in Hoshido; Tharja has no purpose in life if Noire doesn't exist.

Ignis in Nohr; I only ever use 1 Knight character because they just can't keep up with units movement wise and attack wise as they can't double.

I'd suggest separating "marry a child", "marry a Kamuisexual", and "playing as a female" into three separate options. While they all achieve the same goal of not killing any children, they have very different implications regarding the player's preferences.

In this thread, you kill Karel if you recruit Harken, you kill Wallace if you recruit Geitz, and you kill Karla and Farina every time you play Eliwood route.

If it's not clear, my answer to the question is "I don't care at all about recruiting all the children". <.<

As a nogrind player, I don't recruit most children anyway.

Shinonome must exist whenever I Hoshido/3rd route, and that's it.

Also I play female roughly >50% of the time anyway; P much playing male to pass Rinka classes she wants

Edited by Thor Odinson

In this thread, you kill Karel if you recruit Harken, you kill Wallace if you recruit Geitz, and you kill Karla and Farina every time you play Eliwood route.

If it's not clear, my answer to the question is "I don't care at all about recruiting all the children". <.<

If I actually had the option of recruiting Karel and Harken in the same file I'd do that every time

The hate for Syalla is hilarious tho

Edited by Bovinian

I will give up either Odin's or Lazward's child in Nohr, canon god asked for sacrifice for my Azura x Kamui and so thy I will give. I dislike Tharja now and ever, so bye bye Shara in Hoshido.

It make sense since they aren't canon from this world anyway >.>

Edited by Awakener_

Jeez, this is an annoying design choice.

Thankfully I mostly just marry to unlock all of the characters anyway...so I guess Kanna will be stuck as an only childen.

Being a fan of Cordelia (and finding much of what I liked about her repeated with Matoi), my choice is easy as I was planning to marry my character to Matoi anyways… at least in 2/3 routes.

Nohr route is trickier because she's not an option. I suppose I could have Luna marry someone and then marry her kid.

I'm sadly giving up Midoriko in Hoshido, even though I hate Tharja Syalla, mostly because Tsukuyomi is the only guy I feel comfortable pairing with Sakura...

Also I plan on having Kaze die for story reasons and emotional impact sooooo

And as for Nohr, I'm marrying Flora, so I'm good.

I'll mainly be going through all my files as females, of course, so I,thankfully, won't have to worry about this~ When I play as a male, though, I'll probably let Takumi or Hinata stay single in Hoshido, since I don't care for either of their sons' designs, though Ryoma and Silas are potential options as well (no offense to the kids). For Nohr, Arthur would be my first choice for sure. No offense to Lutz either but I just can't get into his design~

Matoi or Hisame for Hoshido. Ignis or Eponine for Nohr.

Nine times out of ten I'll be playing a female anyway--I have way too many husbandos in this game--but for that tenth time, I already have my scapegoats (probably) picked. Apologies in advance to Matoi's legion of fanboys :P

I will give up either Odin's or Lazward's child in Nohr, canon god asked for sacrifice for my Azura x Kamui and so thy I will give. I dislike Tharja now and ever, so bye bye Shara in Hoshido.

It make sense since they aren't canon from this world anyway >.>

Yeah, for me it was a no brainer to sacrifice Lazward's kid. Lets me preserve my pairing for him from Awakening (Severa and Owain were paired togeather, so just puttin them togeather again is not a problem.)

In Hoshido I'll just go through the whole thing and see whose supports I like, and it won't matter who ends up alone. There's a fair chance I may end up marrying Matoi anyway. As for Nohr... sorry Lazwald, no Soleil, no matter how much I like your supports.

I can't do that to Kjelle, I'm sorry.

Or... both Kanna and Eponine, if I'm romancing Zero.

Edited by wvype

Since the Laguz alikes are constant bench warmers in my run throughs so no little red riding wolf and a distinct lack of foxy ladies in my playthrough.

Marry Felicia= Problem solved.

That doesn't solve anything at all lol

Flora on the other hand...if I don't have any plans for a super 3rd gen child, I'll probably go with best blue-haired maid if I can figure out how to get her

Edited by Bovinian