Moniker plays The Reckoning

TheMoniker

What Should we do with this LP!?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. It's starting to get kinda boring...

• Cancel it. NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN. EVER.
    • Do everything else ever first, then dredge it up again when you don't have any pressing hacks to play.
    • Do one of the two hacks lined up first(GhebFE/Requiem), then come back in-between and finish this.
    • KEEP GOING! I WANT TO SEE IF JAFFAR SAVES YOU!
    • I CAN'T DECIDE, BUT I WANT TO EASILY SEE THE RESULTS
    • Moniker is awesome!

I wonder did Kitty even have strength growth. Probably not. Will Jaffar save Monkier? He's probably someone else and not an assassin, so he can't go picking locks. If I ever decide to make a ragefest, I'd probably make Kitty a boss just for rageness. Hah.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this hack seems so boring, idk how you're still playing it. its basically vanilla FE, and the sprite theft is basically over

^this, this is why I voted for ghebFE because right now you are just playing a more shitty version of vanilla FE. I will dare even say its a bootleg version that some shady pawn shop dud sold to your parents not knowing the difference and you got it for christmas.

Okay guys, with all this requesting, I'm gonna add a poll. The hot-topic question is; SHOULD WE CANCEL/DELAY THE LP!? I mean, when I started this, or, put it in the Request poll, I thought it would be more interesting than this. So; Should we stop, and do whatever wins the poll in the Request thread instead?

Ashame it's not a multiple choice (wanted to chose the first and last options :Nino: ).

If you do cancel/postpone the LP, can we at least get Kitty's and Legault's growths for the lulz?

Sure, I can post them. They might not be what you're thinking, though...

At least do Chapter 26 and see what Jaffar is. If he's not an assassin, then you can just give up, tell us Kitty's growths, and throw this into the hiatus pile.

At least do Chapter 26 and see what Jaffar is. If he's not an assassin, then you can just give up, tell us Kitty's growths, and throw this into the hiatus pile.

Actually, the only haitus'd LP besides this is Elibian Nights.

Okay, everyone. After looking at the poll, it seems that most people want me to at least delay this LP. As such, I'll PROBABLY wait until I have nothing else on my plate before dredging this up again, if I EVER finish it. I might not.

Before we go, though, I think I should wrap up a few things. Consider this the final update.

The Reckoning: Bonus Update: What WOULD have happened if...

Z2MtruG.png

I actually got a bit of Chapter 26 recorded before everyone started clamoring for this to end, so let's just skim through what I've got here.

MgWqXRv.png

10 slots seems like WAY too few for this mission. Do we get more in normal FE7?

T6w91y2.pngzeljjM7.png

Here's Jaffar in all his glory. He actually WOULD have saved us from the horrible thieves.

QuU8AiD.pngShldPXH.pngwW7Yr6D.png

Nino's stats are normal, but we'll never know if she would have turned out well.

IE8KT6B.png

Here, have a really weird palette for your enjoyment.

OOXDW6T.pngsLNCczZ.pngxHf2kbe.png9lwrhCl.pngaoZDBjJ.png

Treasure loot. The thieves get to it on Turns 4 and 5, way before you can make it.

BhBq758.png

Zephiel is unbuffed.

3sfoKdn.png

Which is NOT good. A fighter, a shaman, and a mage are in his room by Turn 5, and even if you BOOK IT straight there, you are NOT intercepting him. Remember, shamans and fighters had their hit% buffed, and Zephiel's too stupid to stay on his pillar... yeah.

yXuZWHh.png

He dies a lot. RNG abuse it pretty much REQUIRED to keep him alive until you can get there.

Lqi8XAq.png

GHOST JAFFAR

qGqp8cv.png

My recording ended with Legault dying a lot and me ragequitting deciding to come back to it later.

THIEFY FINAL STATS:

0mYLdPe.png

Legault never once gained strength. I'll talk about it more in a sec.

KlblIAx.png

Kitty gained ludicrous amounts of luck, but NEVER strength, and I raised her from LEVEL 1. You might recall her being level 15/16 when she exited the party, and there's a good reason for that. I thought for sure someone would have mentioned it by now, but I've been secretly training Kitty ever since she allegedly "left" the party. If you look back at some of my older updates(where I left 1 deployment slot conveniently empty) you'll see some screenies where I had 2 thieves when I should have had one.

And despite that, she never gained strength.

It's time for the truth to be revealed.

Now, the question shall be answered:

LEGAULT/KITTY GROWTHS:

Kitty:

HP: 50%

Strength: 25%

Skill: 75%

Speed: 75%

Luck: 100%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 25%

Total: 375%

Legault:

HP: 60%

Strength: 25%

Skill: 45%

Speed: 60%

Luck: 60%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 25%

Total: 300%

So... now you know.

They were both more or less normal thieves, with normal-ish thief growths(except Kitty's luck...). And for both of them...

...A 25% strength growth, which is more-or-less par for a thief...

I gave Kitty 19 levels, and Legault at least 8...

And never ONCE did either proc that 1-in-4 chance.

Not once.

Not even in a "lost because savestates" alternate timeline.

If you guys want to calculate the probability of that, go ahead. I don't want to, because the result would probably depress me.

Also, Kitty was actually BETTER than Legault. Funny thought, huh.

If any of you want me to check the growths of any other units, just say so.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Really, Reckoning was a terrible hack. Not even the entertaining kind of terrible. Okay, maybe it was entertaining at first, but then the author got lazy with his thefts and it became less so.

The balance changes were atrocious. Axes and dark magic were both OP(particularly the hammer and halberd... man...). Despite that, the entire thing felt like "normal FE7 on easy mode". The author's claim that he made the game slightly harder was a total lie. With OP units like Klein and Sol leading the way, we could pretty much never fail. And reducing the XP everything gave to the point that even the prep screen stars knew it was reduced wasn't a fun change, just an aggravating one.

While we might never see the end, I hope this update at least gave you all some closure.

Coming to a forum near you... GHEBFE! Also, ME ACTUALLY UPDATING MY SIGNATURE!

Chance of Kitty never getting strength in 19 level-ups: (.75)^19 = .423%

Chance of Legault never getting strength in 8 level-ups: (.75)^8 = 10%

Chance of neither of them getting strength: .423%*10% = 4.23%

I think I did this right?

First one - check.

Second one - check.

Third one - Percentages are decimals, so if written out as such, Moniker is left with a 0.0423% chance. Good job, that's roughly a hundred times worse than the time Bartre missed a 60% and was hit twice by a 30%.

So he had roughly a 1/20th of a percent chance to miss all the strength procs? Wow, Anna must have been in a foul mood. Actually, foul is an understatement. You had less luck then those guys in that devil axe on wall video somewhere on the net divided by a million.

First one - check.

Second one - check.

Third one - Percentages are decimals, so if written out as such, Moniker is left with a 0.0423% chance. Good job, that's roughly a hundred times worse than the time Bartre missed a 60% and was hit twice by a 30%.

Barely over 1/20 of a percent... I was right, the result did depress me.

I might be misremembering, but didn't Kitty get one +1 strength once early on before a reset?

That was +1 defense, which Kitty actually did get a point of during "secret training".

Anyways, GhebFE is starting soon. Prepare yourselves.

• 1 year later...