lol

I don't even play FF, but I don't have access to the newer ones? Should I play the older games from before their betrayal of Nintendo?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

2. 2. Which is better?

• FF10
    • FE10
  3. 3. Which is better?

4. 4. Which one is better?

5. 5. Which one is better?

I was once part of the Sonic fanbase.

It wasn't a pleasant experience.

I'm still a Sonic fan. I just don't go around constantly complain about every single detail in the games, characters, settings or every single fantier fiction. If I enjoy the games, i enjoy them. If I don't well tough luck on me.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard they wrote "fake" bad reviews for an actual hotel with the same name as something in the show. That could actually hurt said business and people were on Tumblr saying "Don't f*cking do this!"

Wait, seriously? Jesus...I feel guilty that Steven Universe my favorite show now.

Wait, seriously? Jesus...I feel guilty that Steven Universe my favorite show now.

Speaking from plenty of experience, you're going to find terrible people in pretty much every subset of people. That is one of the unfortunately one of the facts of life, which is why you never delve too deep into the rabbit hole of fandom.

I will still argue that Steven Universe is the most important show on television right now. It is a much stronger, positive force that the world needs than the activities of a handful of people who seem to miss the point entirely.

If it were me, I'd have left a review like "Was the perfect place to stay to get away from it all for a bit and rekindle my relationship, but there wasn't much on TV. 4.5/5."

Edited by Tamarsamar

Speaking from plenty of experience, you're going to find terrible people in pretty much every subset of people. That is one of the unfortunately one of the facts of life, which is why you never delve too deep into the rabbit hole of fandom.

I will still argue that Steven Universe is the most important show on television right now. It is a much stronger, positive force that the world needs than the activities of a handful of people who seem to miss the point entirely.

If it were me, I'd have left a review like "Was the perfect place to stay to get away from it all for a bit and rekindle my relationship, but there wasn't much on TV. 4.5/5."

Oh, I know. I mean look at my name. Rabbit holes are kinda my thing. Knowing never seems to lessen the shock once I find out exactly how they've been horrible though.

Agreed 100%. It's somehow comforting knowing this generation of youngsters gets to watch pure art rather than Loonatics.

I would've written, "Why wasn't the pool filled? No bed bugs though. 5/10

I've never heard the former, and I only heard the latter twice when I played Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. I guess I'm pretty lucky?

He says it all the time in the first phase of his fight before you're allowed to topple him. Every. Single. Time. You. Hit. Him.

[spoiler=Awakening Spoilers]Validar. How can you be Robin's father with that skin tone? What color is that? Robin couldn't have looked like you if s/he tried!

Oh my God, Trago, you can't just ask someone why they're white.

/super late but

"Least favourite video game characters?" Well, there would be the entire Awakening cast for one. If they are not downright scumbags and assholes, they are annoying as heck and will never shut up about the single thing that defines their entire being. It's like every character is just a joke that keeps getting repeated over and over in the vain hopes that repetition will make something funny that already wasn't entertaining the first time. Also, Kamui in Fates. I fear he might not turn out to be the only one but for now it's just him.

I saw the new title to this thread and came to say what is a poorly worded version of this. Thanks for doing it better than I can.

Except Lucina is boring to some of us, Jave, regardless of what you say. Deal with it.

And I think I saw someone say that the Kalos rivals are disappointing because they're not assholes. Uh, news flash, but there's a such thing as a friendly rivalry, you know. A rival doesn't have to be an asshole. That said, Tierno and Trevor didn't appeal to me as much in the games as they do in the anime. Shauna, though, I think is cute in both.

A rival is supposed to challenge you, inspire you to keep going, but stay a few steps forward so you feel inclined to outshine them. If they're just a bunch of kids who don't care about competition, you don't have anyone to stay ahead of you. You're just going at a slow pace since there's nothing that's gonna make you go faster.

Geez, 50% of this site must have Asperger's... I swear every other person here says they have it. Myself included. o.O

I'm fine with most of Awakening's cast myself. Chrom, Lucina, Tharja, and Sumia are the only characters in it that I don't like. Out of the playable cast that is.

No? I dunno where you got that one.

Speaking about the Steven Universe fanbase how true is this? http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/992/712/7d7.png

Mostly true. Items I know to be true are enumerated below.

#3. In spite of the show's message, some people can't get over themselves regarding the whole lesbian space rocks concept, and other people are in a tissy that there is only 1/2 of a male-pronouns gem in all of canon existence. I wouldn't be sure which group is worse, except I know that they do have some overlap, effectively making that question moot.

#4 (and by extension the final item). Pearl is a . . . complex . . . character. That being said I do not think that "salty" is how I would describe her.

#5. Some forget what Abraham Lincoln said about believing everything you read on the internet. Combine that with the GIFT (not that Penny Arcade is exactly a bastion of morality itself, but they describe that particular concept succinctly enough), and you have some problems, to say the least.

#6. This is a relatively minor item in the grand scheme of things. Episode synopses are (perhaps purposefully) vague, and screenshot leaks (while a more considerable offense) are few and far between--and you can prevent yourself from being spoiled pretty easily by staying away from fandom-related topics, anyway.

#7. I can't help but wonder whether for every morally depraved person, there is an equal but opposite morally overzealous person.

#8. And the burns are indeed hilarious.

#9. Apparently, according to this thread. The first I've heard of it, to be honest.

I think friendly rivalries can work, but not in the way they do in recent Pokemon games. Typically, when I think of a friendly rivalry, both characters are involved in the dialogue, both characters need to show respect. This doesn't work well in a game like Pokemon because the trainer is a blank slate and forcing us to like a character is not something I want. I guess it might work if the writers at Pokemon made a friendly rival who actually had some admirable qualities or something that makes them likable, but recently they've been just really bland. Both Cheren and Hugh have character arcs that are entirely separate from the main character other than that they end up in the same destinations, Hugh can barely be considered a rival. Barry is saved based on the fact that his wacky antics and interactions are pretty funny. The X and Y ones seem like there was no effort at all to have any sort of arc. They can be taken out of the story for almost no consequence. The friends of the main character, who I don't consider to really be rivals, are much more interesting than the one who is supposed to challenge you. Gen 3 had some very bland rivals too, but Wally seems to fit the rival archetype a little better and I think he makes up for it. The fact is though, none of them are still as entertaining as the rivals from gen 1 and 2. Gen 1 created a great archetype, and Gen 2 expanded on it, but no game has gone any further on the douchebag rival, and with all the games in the Pokemon series so far, it seems the friendly rival is getting increasingly more poorly written.

I always try my best to not hate characters, and I always try my best to find positive traits about any character, however the Well-Intentioned Extremists characters always annoy me, as I utterly despise the "the ways justify the means" line of thinking, and hate how characters like that refuse that even consider listen to different points of view from others.

"Destroy the world to save it", "I killed them because it was the best for them", "It's the only way" or "there's no hope left and this world is beyond saving", that's utter bullshit, it's never the only way, the always hope, and the world is always worth saving, always.

There's a reason I start fuming when Takaya from Persona 3 or Mithos from Tales of Symphonia appear in the game.

Also, I really don't understand this hatred of Peach, it's true that she's always kidnapped, but she's far from useless since she always tries do something help, be it on the main games or the RPGs, the only games where she did nothing are the New Super Mario Bros series and the Mario and Luigi series.

Other than these two series, every other game she does something to help, even if they are very minor contributions.

A rival is supposed to challenge you, inspire you to keep going, but stay a few steps forward so you feel inclined to outshine them. If they're just a bunch of kids who don't care about competition, you don't have anyone to stay ahead of you. You're just going at a slow pace since there's nothing that's gonna make you go faster.

Yeah, but a person doesn't have to be an asshole to do that. Look at Barry from gen 4. He's always one step ahead of you, and that made me want to keep up with him. Yet, he's still your friend. And in Kalos, there's Calem/Serena. You even have to challenge them and win to earn the Mega Ring.

I don't consider Tierno, Trevor, or Shauna to be true rivals, btw. Only Calem/Serena fit that bill to me in Kalos.

Edited by Anacybele

Shine: I wanna say, like, 5 times at best?

Best rival: N for sure, if he counts.

Worst: Seth. He's overpowered and gamebreaking in a game that's already freakishly easy.

I think Silver is the best Pokemon rival. He looks cool, acts like a jerk, and although he doesn't have a line as quotable as "smell you later," he has the most development of any rival in the series. At least in HG/SS (can't really remember too much about the originals), you can see him develop every time he battles you, from a character who treats his pets as weapons, to learning how to raise his Pokemon properly. He never fully warms up to you, but he's not that kind of character. He's still sees you as a rival and not really a friend, but there's a kind of respect that comes by the end of the game. There are also the heavy implications of who his father is (that have finally been confirmed in a secret event that you need a friggin Celebi to access), but you get the idea of what his life must have been like when you can infer who it is and why he treats Pokemon and others the way he does. He's got an arc, and he's got an interesting backstory, and he's got a lot of speculation surrounding him, which is why he's my favourite.

I'd rank the ones in your list: Silver, Blue, N, Barry, Cheren, Wally, Bianca, all the Gen VI rivals, from greatest to least.

Pokemon rivals ranking from best to worst: Silver, N, Blue, Barry, Cheren, everyone else barring gen 6, everyone in gen 6. There's just so many characters now that it's hard to parse them all. Blue stood out as being your cocky neighbour right away, who was ALWAYS one step ahead and somewhat infuriating. Silver was a straight-up criminal and the "he stole a Pokemon!" thing was very novel at the time. Plus you see him develop through his defeats until he decides to settle down and hone himself at the Dragon's Shrine and learn to love Pokemon in a way that feels natural. Then there's Brendan/May and Wally... Brendan/May is pretty strong as a trainer but you never develop the feelings of a rivalry. Most of Wally's existence is to be stomped and then you barely hear from him again until you're all the way down Victory Road... and I still stomped him. Just weak, but I guess he's growing up. 4 has Barry who drags you into his antics and is a giant spaz but really, he's nervous to live up to the legacy of his father who is the Frontier Brain so no wonder he wants to just go everywhere and do everything. N... I just love him, but I think Silver edges him out just a bit as far as rivalry goes, as N just wants to change the world and is one messed up kid. He's a variant of Silver but is more about Team Plasma than he is about filling the rival role. Cheren is a bit more driven than Bianca and so I find him a little more interesting but this is where the games just go soooo overboard with pushing the whole "friendship" bit. In gen 6 everyone is disgustingly bland and there's so many of them. It's hard to muster up a care for any of them when Professor Sycamore and Lysandre are more interesting to follow.

Worst: Meta Knight.

Best: Silver.

How many times can Fox shine shine before hiting the ground? The world is not ready for the answer to this question.

Geez, 50% of this site must have Asperger's... I swear every other person here says they have it. Myself included. o.O

I'm fine with most of Awakening's cast myself. Chrom, Lucina, Tharja, and Sumia are the only characters in it that I don't like. Out of the playable cast that is.

Hello! I have Aspergers/high-functioning autism.

Oh god, if there was any force that could destroy the universe in a second it would be this.

What's so bad with the SAO fanbase? Does it have anything to do with a rabid rivalry with the .Hack fandom?

I think Silver is the best Pokemon rival. He looks cool, acts like a jerk, and although he doesn't have a line as quotable as "smell you later," he has the most development of any rival in the series. At least in HG/SS (can't really remember too much about the originals), you can see him develop every time he battles you, from a character who treats his pets as weapons, to learning how to raise his Pokemon properly. He never fully warms up to you, but he's not that kind of character. He's still sees you as a rival and not really a friend, but there's a kind of respect that comes by the end of the game. There are also the heavy implications of who his father is (that have finally been confirmed in a secret event that you need a friggin Celebi to access), but you get the idea of what his life must have been like when you can infer who it is and why he treats Pokemon and others the way he does. He's got an arc, and he's got an interesting backstory, and he's got a lot of speculation surrounding him, which is why he's my favourite.

I'd rank the ones in your list: Silver, Blue, N, Barry, Cheren, Wally, Bianca, all the Gen VI rivals, from greatest to least.

I agree completely with this post

That's even exactly as I would rank them

It's like you read my mind

Regarding the Lucina hate I understand where people are coming from but that coming back from a devestated future to save it just always appealed to me like with Future Trunks in DBZ (History of Trunks is awesome btw) and Kyle Reese from Terminator. Otherwise I did genuinely enjoy her character I mean sure she's willing to do anything even if it means killing her mother or lover or father's best friend (and even then she can't bring herself to do it regardless) but I felt that thats kinda supposed to be the point to illustrate how bad the future timeline really was. Sure you get the cutscenes and stuff but you've got to be awfully traumatized by it if you go to those lengths to try and stop it.

Of course to each their own. Plus lets face it she makes one hell of a Morgan. Those Eugenics though...

Edited by LordTaco42

Chrom? No thanks. We already got Robin AND Lucina. Honestly if Lucina wasn't a clone, Robin would have been just enough. We do NOT need any more FE reps nor do we need multiple reps from the same game in a series like FE. We already got Chrom as mii outfit, which is fine. Too many characters from the same game in a series of games with as diverse and changing a cast as Fire Emblem is not a positive.

Lucina was literally the worst character choice to make it to the Smash roster. Minus the tipper, she is basically Marth's carbon copy in literally every way imaginable. Melee!Roy wasn't half the clone that she is, and Melee is infamous for its abuse of clone cast members. Dr. Mario is at least unique with a combination of Sheet and Tornado, and Dark Pit has HURRLECTROSHOK (though he does clock in at 2nd worst). Lucina adds literally nothing to the game but Awakening fanservice costumes. They didn't even bother making her customs any different from Marth's, for crying out loud!

Edited by Tamarsamar

All things considered I think Sakurai should've added Chrom rather than Lucina. With Chrom you could make him a quicker Ike that doesn't deal as much damage. That at least would've been more justifiable for a character than Not-As-Good-As-Marth. As it stands now though with Lucina already being in the game I'm not sure Chrom should come in. Maybe in the next game?

Lucina was literally the worst character choice to make it to the Smash roster. Minus the tipper, she is basically Marth's carbon copy in literally every way imaginable. Melee!Roy wasn't half the clone that she is, and Melee is infamous for its abuse of clone cast members. Dr. Mario is at least unique with a combination of Sheet and Tornado, and Dark Pit has HURRLECTROSHOK (though he does clock in at 2nd worst). Lucina adds literally nothing to the game but Awakening fanservice costumes. They didn't even bother making her customs any different from Marth's, for crying out loud!

So was her character being in the game the bad decision? Or was it the implementation that was bad? See I think she was a cool addition as a character but should have had a unique moveset.