[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

It starts in SysNAND if you're using PastaCFW or any other SysNAND-CFW. Should start on EmuNAND if you're but it while EmuNAND is running.
Yes, you can play Online with NTR_CFW Method. It's the same method I use^^

Er, wait, so I need to use pastacfw first then ntr_cfw and all the other stuff? Or can I just use ntr_cfw + REgion free + layered FS, or does it not work without pasta?

Edited by Xanek

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, wait, so I need to use pastacfw first then ntr_cfw and all the other stuff? Or can I just use ntr_cfw + REgion free + layered FS, or does it not work without pasta?

PastaCFW -> NTR CFW (anti-piracy regionfree cfw)

After that, layeredFS is automatically enabled once you start the game. That is, if the plugin and files are in the right place beforehand.

Edited by Linkmstr

Following what a lot of others have done, just want to thank everyone for the patch, regardless of if i find a way to use it or not.

I do have cubic ninja and a japanese copy of nohr/conquest, been using regionFOUR to play it but my firmwares too far for the patch, friend might sell me a 8.1.0-19U 2ds.

If i bought it from him, would I be able to run the patch, and if so which method would likely be the easiest to attempt?

https://twitter.com/smealum

Keep trackon here, and you might find some good news for your latest firmware system.

But if you can get an earlier firmware, that is ultimately the better solution as you can use its exploits for greater accessibility, such as through Gateway, Sky3DS, the recent custom firmware stuff, and more. More info can be found at sites like GBAtemp

Okay so I have ntr_cfw 2.2, I put in the two folders (layeredemblem & plugin) into the root of my SD card, booted into ntr, put in my physical cart and now i'm stuck on the Nintendo 3DS loading screen forever... what went wrong? :v

@DJPlayer

Is the physical version of the cart suppose to work with the NTR_CFW method meant for BOTH O3DS and N3DS?

or only O3DS?

Since if it's only O3DS that should be mentioned in the first post, as I was stuck on the 3ds logo for a few minutes before I just held the power button..

Edited by Xanek

Okay so I have ntr_cfw 2.2, I put in the two folders (layeredemblem & plugin) into the root of my SD card, booted into ntr, put in my physical cart and now i'm stuck on the Nintendo 3DS loading screen forever... what went wrong? :v

@DJPlayer

Is the physical version of the cart suppose to work with the NTR_CFW method meant for BOTH O3DS and N3DS?

or only O3DS?

Since if it's only O3DS that should be mentioned in the first post, as I was stuck on the 3ds logo for a few minutes before I just held the power button..

I've a N3DS and it works great

I've a N3DS and it works great

So did I mess up or something?

Pretend I have nothing on my SD except for the very basics.

The steps I did is put in NTR_CFW 2.2 in root of SD, put both Layeredemblem & Plugin folders in Root of SD.

Put SD Back in 3DS, booted into NTR_CFW from cubic ninja, took out cubic ninja, put in physical cart, launched it, stuck on 3ds logo, am I suppose to restart my 3ds and do this again?

Or was it suppose to work on the first try..?

Edited by Xanek

So did I mess up or something?

Pretend I have nothing on my SD except for the very basics.

The steps I did is put in NTR_CFW 2.2 in root of SD, put both Layeredemblem & Plugin folders in Root of SD.

Put SD Back in 3DS, booted into NTR_CFW from cubic ninja, took out cubic ninja, put in physical cart, launched it, stuck on 3ds logo, am I suppose to restart my 3ds and do this again?

Or was it suppose to work on the first try..?

hmmm... that's weird :/

normally it should work without problems.

I do it this way => Start PastaCFW (without FIRMLAUNCH) => Start NTR_CFW => Start Physical Cart / eSHop Version => LayeredFS will load our translation.

Is layeredFS something I have to download, or is that the layeredemblem folder that I put in the root of my SD?

I'm still getting the 3DS logo

LayeredFS is a Plugin you have to download

LayeredFS is a Plugin you have to download

Maybe that's why i'm stuck on the 3DS logo? Any chance you can pm me where to find it?

The files that I have currently for this is Ninjahax homebrew, pastacfw, ntr_cfw 2.2 (which is ntr.bin in my SD) and the Menu Patch NTR_CFW version.

What files do you have exactly DJPlayer?

Since I feel like you have something that'll make this work..

Like, inside the plugin folder from the NTR_CFW version of the menu patcher, there is layeredfs.plg in \plugin\000400000012DE00

But do I need something else to use that or what?

Any chance you can make a video of the steps you did to get it to work, cause I honestly don't see what i'm doing wrong and if you can get it to work then I want to see what i'm doing wrong..

I launch pastacfw via cubic ninja, I launch ntr_cfw via cubic ninja, I take out cubic ninja, put in physical version, start game, stuck on 3DS logo

Here's a video of what I did at 2x speed so you don't gotta sit there forever watching. Don't forget i'm doing this on JP N3DS firmware 9.2.0-20J

The top screen does not blink green for a split second like you said in the instructions, there isn't even a video to reference it to like it says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDq7LexXoyo Waiting intensifies

Edited by Xanek

I had the same issue using my physical cartridge for the special edition of FE:If (I asked about it a few pages back), but I ultimately couldn't get the patch to work with the cart. I can confirm that the patch works fine with my digital copy of FE:If, however—so I'm assuming there's an issue with firmlaunch working with a physical version of FE:If, but I haven't heard any other people confirm this problem.

I had the same issue using my physical cartridge for the special edition of FE:If (I asked about it a few pages back), but I ultimately couldn't get the patch to work with the cart. I can confirm that the patch works fine with my digital copy of FE:If, however—so I'm assuming there's an issue with firmlaunch working with a physical version of FE:If, but I haven't heard any other people confirm this problem.

You're apparently not suppose to launch the physical version with firmlaunch.

I don't even have firm.bin or firmlaunch enabled in pastacfw so I don't understand why I have this problem.

If DJPlayer could show how he did it it would probably solve our problems on getting the physical cart to work..

CIA version works fine, just physical is the only problem =/, only thing I can think of is that i'm missing files that I need to download, but idk what those files would be.

Edited by Xanek

Been trying the whole day trying to get the physical cart to run with the patch, still no split second green flash on the top screen, still stuck on 3DS logo.

Has anyone else actually gotten the physical cart to work?

Does it only work on a non-japanese N3DS?

I even tried running a patched cia version on pastacfw and it doesn't even work apparently? It loads in, first prompt appears that it's reading the SD card, then it gives me an error, the game basically crashes

Guess I have to wait for tomorrow for help as no one is here

Edit: on the NTR_CFW gbatemp thread I was told that regionfree & layeredFS are built-in to NTR_CFW 2.2.... so... what's the problem here? I don't need to download anything else

Only thing I can think of is to see exactly how DJPlayer or whoever else got it to work w/ their physical cart to show a step-by-step video or something..

I removed everything on my SD except for NTR.bin, layeredemblem & plugin folder, still stuck on loading.

Did the same thing but with PastaCFW, still stuck.

Once again, still would like a video that demonstrates how to set it up the NTR_CFW way, since there was suppose to be a video quite some time ago, and anyone else that's experiencing troubles like I am can look at the video for reference on what went wrong.

6. While the 3DS - Logo screen, the top-screen should blink in green for ~0.5seconds (like in the Video).

[spoiler=Videos]

WILL BE ADDED LATER

Please help =/...

Edited by Xanek

Hey, I'm still not sure why it happens for you.

The best way for you is to dump your retail Game and use our Patcher to create a CIA-Version of FE:if.

Try to test it this way.

If this is not working, too, you've another problem which I cannot handle :/

Edited by DJPlayer

Great work!

I've noticed a typo in one of your descriptions (bow turret).

Also, there seems to be an issue where names of weapons will cut off when you forge them, even though the names fit on the line previously.

Thanks for all the hard work.

SSd2qgV.jpgwgsmZ3l.jpguKyv8Qy.jpg

Hey, I'm still not sure why it happens for you.Te best way for you is to dump your retail Game and use our Patcher to create a CIA-Version of FE:if.Try to test it this way.If this is not working, too, you've another problem which I cannot handle :/

Can you make a video of how to install the ntr menu patch? This will help immensely

Plus there was suppose to be one showing how to use the ntr patcher, as I quoted you twice and it's in the first post.

I honestly want to try to get the physical ver. To work.

Unless the physical cart doesn't work and you're not willing to show?

It would really.help if you actually made the video showing the ntr way of patching it like you mentioned there was going to be a video in the first post.....

[spoiler=Videos]

WILL BE ADDED LATER

I know a cia version works, well maybe not in pasta, but still, I want the physical cart to work with the translation.....

A simple video showing off what you did to make it work would REALLY HELP, no video at all just means, to me, that you're not willing to help..

Edit:

I'll currently try to just redo all the modding on my 3ds and see if it works, but please make a video or remove the instructions in the original post about the physical cart working or something if there is no support you can give towards it.

I'll even record all I do and make a video showing what I did, as I feel like if it actually does work, you or whoever would have made a video by now how to get it work on the physical cart, not the cia verson.

Me making a video show exactly what I did doesn't mean to not make one yourself to show the process..

Edited by Xanek

Well still didn't work, this is from a fresh format on both the SD and the 3DS

1. You need a (New) Nintendo 3DS with Firmware 9.2 or lower, otherwise there's no way to execute custom code on your 3DS now, Check√, On JP N3DS 9.2.0-20J firmware

2. You need to get NTR_CFW + RegionFree-Plugin + LayeredFS-Plugin (1.1 for 3DS, 2.2 for N3DS). Check √, the download for NTR_CFW has both of these installed by default

3. Download our Patch and extract the content to the Root of your SD Card. Check √

4. Start NTR_CFW on your 3DS (MSET-Exploit, Spider-Exploit or Cubic Ninja Exploit) or on your N3DS (Cubic Ninja Exploit). Check

5. Start "Fire Emblem If - Special Edition" (Retail Cartridge or eShop Version, both will work). Check √ Physical Cart

6. While the 3DS - Logo screen, the top-screen should blink in green for ~0.5seconds (like in the Video). X There is no video

7. Your Game is temporary patched! You can play our Translation! X

Can you please make a video..?

Otherwise, at this point if there isn't a video by the end of today or some kind of explanation, i'll assume it never worked in the first place and others who have this problem can't fix it since we don't know what's wrong

Edited by Xanek

@Xanek

Using a cartridge on fw 9.2.0 when a higher firmware is needed can fail to boot the game.

The best is to use our patcher after dumping the game + creating xorpads for it.

Create a cia and install it. Pasta+NTR will work (thats what i did).

Edited by Horatio

@Xanek

Using a cartridge on fw 9.2.0 when a higher firmware is needed can fail to boot the game.

The best is to use our patcher after dumping the game + creating xorpads for it.

Create a cia and install it. Pasta+NTR will work (thats what i did).

So then the physical cart can literally never work with this patch then if this is true, since the game requires firmware 9.7 to run and the instructions say that 9.2 firmware or lower for the ntr method.

I know a cia version will work, i've gotten it to work on an o3ds and this JP N3DS emuNAND

But if what you said is true then the NTR_CFW method shouldn't include step 5.

5. Start "Fire Emblem If - Special Edition" (Retail Cartridge or eShop Version, both will work).

and should be reworded for just the cia version if what you said is true.

But i've been told a few times that it works with the physical cart on >9.2 firmware and NTR_CFW...

So once again, i'm either doing something wrong, or i'm missing a file, which is why I need someone who actually got the physical cart to work to show a video, which DJPlayer did say they did get theirs to work with the physical cart but hasn't shown the exact steps taken to make it work, and there isn't a video in the instructions demonstrating it, like it mentions.

So either the actual physical cart doesn't work, or you have all been talking about a ripped physical cart and patching it and making it a cia, which is completely different from what the instructions say, which wouldn't be true then since the instructions would tell us that we need some kind of cia installer.

Using pastacfw firmlaunch + ntr won't even launch NTR so throw that out the window if anyone suggests it.

All I request is a video showing how to get the physical cart method to work or a full step-by-step explanation

If no video can be produced, then an explanation of why there won't be a video showing how and the modification of the NTR_CFW method to only use .cia version.

Edit: The cia version did give me a green flash from pasta+ntr, but physical version still a no-go.

Edited by Xanek

Dang it. Was so excited to play it because my Gateway came today. But i dumb idiot updated the 3ds after i got it *biggest facepalm on earth*

I don't suppose you actually used the gateway first and made a backup of your Sysnand. Because if you did, you always have the option to hardmod your 3ds and restore that backup.

Otherwise yeah, you're screwed. :(

So the green flash happens in a patched cia version from Pasta+NTR, but what's the point when it's already patched with the translation?

Still no-go on physical version, been PM'ing some people, they either don't know / Don't understand / say it doesn't work.

Someone on GBATemp is telling me that since the cart is 9.7, won't work at all because of encryption =.=

eshop spoofer doesn't work, free multi patcher doesn't work, nothing seems to work...

So am I under the assumption that it doesn't work at all and i'm not going to get an answer?

At this point I would like some kind of reasonable answer DJPlayer instead of waiting..

Edited by Xanek

Hello, my name is Maria. Unfortunately, FE: if/ FATES isn't scheduled to be released in spanish-speaking countries anytime soon. However, many people I know whom are natively spanish-speaking, as well as a lot of family members I have in Mexico whom I've already gifted Pokemon (set to Spanish) for the kiddies to enjoy, are either forced to try to learn Japanese (& trust me, there aren't any Japanese From Zero books in Spanish) or simply have no way of receiving games in spanish & are forced to play without understanding the story at all. FE is very text-heavy, & I wanted to make such a game available for spanish speakers to enjoy.

I do know some japnese. I can't read kanji too well, but usually after looking it up in my many handy-dandy notebooks, or scanning it with my translator for it to speak it to me, I can understand what it is saying. I was translating the Invisible Kingdom route for a friend when I stumbled across this forum.

I was wondering if I could, perhaps, receive a copy of the english translations you already have so that I may begin translating the game to Spanish so that people in Spain & Southern/Central America can enjoy FE Fates?

ありがとうございます!

¡Muchisimas Gracias!

Edited by Khan-Maria