[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing happen when I tried to do a Romhacking project as well. All I get is random PMs on how to pirate the game, and expect me to upload it for them. Well the game was kind of obscure but, I'm not going to do something like that. I think people should expect these projects to have minimal support at early stages. Because that time could be spent working on the project instead.

Anyways if you don't me asking, what version of NTR are you using Xanek? 2.2 or 2.3? And are you playing the Special Edition or Black and White?

Edited by Rueo

Anyways if you don't me asking, what version of NTR are you using Xanek? 2.2 or 2.3? And are you playing the Special Edition or Black and White?

NTR_CFW 2.2, cell9 on twitter says he has a beta version of NTR_CFW (i'm guessing 2.3) that no one has access to currently that I think? has the ability to run PastaCFW's firmlaunch?

I have the cia version, but the whole argument stuff from earlier is about the physical special edition cartridge, which I do own a actual copy.

Edited by Xanek

What do you mean use the images to get 2.3, the QR codes for it?

I don't see anything about NTR 2.3 on the gbatemp forum, and during the past few days no one has mentioned 2.3 for NTR on gbatemp

Edited by Xanek

Oh wait I am using NTR 2.3.... it's even in the video i made lol, but yeah, doesn't work with what we were discussing, totally forgot about it, but still doesn't support firmlaunch

Edited by Xanek

So I've translated third route dialogue, the chapter where you choose the Invisible Kingdom. I'll give the literal translation plus my edits so it sounds like two people actually talking to eachother cohesively.

Let me know when/if I can get what you've translated so far & I'll be more than happy to continue contributing for your project.

So now that ninjax 2.0 is out, will this patch be playable with 3ds menu versions 9.3 - 9.9?

Also, I read the thread and it seems that the pasta cfw method ain't working, so my question is, can this patch be played at all without it, if you do not own that Gateway thingy?

I have an old 3ds with menu version 9.8, but I am planning to buy a new one since this old is dying slowly but surely. I don't own a copy of cubic ninja yet, but I'm planning on getting it as well, as I presume that it is needed to play this patch (correct if I'm wrong).

So I've translated third route dialogue, the chapter where you choose the Invisible Kingdom. I'll give the literal translation plus my edits so it sounds like two people actually talking to eachother cohesively.

Let me know when/if I can get what you've translated so far & I'll be more than happy to continue contributing for your project.

Toss me a pm with your Skype and I'll take care of it all

So now that ninjax 2.0 is out, will this patch be playable with 3ds menu versions 9.3 - 9.9?

Also, I read the thread and it seems that the pasta cfw method ain't working, so my question is, can this patch be played at all without it, if you do not own that Gateway thingy?

I have an old 3ds with menu version 9.8, but I am planning to buy a new one since this old is dying slowly but surely. I don't own a copy of cubic ninja yet, but I'm planning on getting it as well, as I presume that it is needed to play this patch (correct if I'm wrong).

Although, I'm not part of the team, it's most likely possible that it won't work until someone out there figures out something and allow CFWs to work on 9.3-9.X. Ninjhax 2.0 on 9.3+ is more limited compared to firmwares 9.2 and below.

So right now, only 3DS's on firmwares 9.2 and below can use the patch.

Same goes for Gateway as it only works on firmwares 9.2 and below.

Edited by Linkmstr

Question: Will Powersaves, or Datel(Jpn's Powersaves) will work for the if/Fates Patch?

No. Powersaves/Datel modifies save data. Not the actual game itself.

Edited by Linkmstr

No. Powersaves and Datel modifies save data. Not the actual game itself.

Ok, but Will the powersave, or Datel affect the game, like for example, if they want to get Shadowgift, or Aptitude Skills for their unit in the game Patch?

Ok, but Will the powersave, or Datel affect the game, like for example, if they want to get Shadowgift, or Aptitude Skills for their unit in the game Patch?

It's possible, yes. Now lets stop talking about this as it's not the right topic on this thread.

It's not official that we can use our patch with Ninjhax 2.0.

Smea hasn't released it yet and we don't know what Ninjhax 2.0 is capable of.

Sure, you can play Fire Emblem If with PastaCFW and NTR_CFW.

It has problems with unmodified versions of Pasta/NTR and the retail cartridge so we prefer to use the eShop-Version of the Game.

You can still dump your retail cartridge and create a CIA out of it (use our patcher or create a unmodified CIA and use NTR).

It's not official that we can use our patch with Ninjhax 2.0.

Smea hasn't released it yet and we don't know what Ninjhax 2.0 is capable of.

Sure, you can play Fire Emblem If with PastaCFW and NTR_CFW.

It has problems with unmodified versions of Pasta/NTR and the retail cartridge so we prefer to use the eShop-Version of the Game.

You can still dump your retail cartridge and create a CIA out of it (use our patcher or create a unmodified CIA and use NTR).

Actually, he released it a few hours ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHc5LT-Vr4

http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/

Also, my another question was, as I'm not too great with 3DS hacking and stuff, will the patcher method work without the gateway thingy, and how do you basically use it and what will it need, if not gateway?

Actually, he released it a few hours ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHc5LT-Vr4

http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/

Also, my another question was, as I'm not too great with 3DS hacking and stuff, will the patcher method work without the gateway thingy, and how do you basically use it and what will it need, if not gateway?

You still doesn't need a Gateway as long as you're on Firmware 9.2 or lower.

If you're using a N3DS, you just need Cubic Ninja and NINJHAX 1.1b!

If you're usinf a O3DS, you can run rxtools or some other CFWs through the Browser or the MSET-Exploit to run our Patch. Just build a CIA and install it with FBI, BigRedMenu or something else.

NINJHAX 2.0 DOES NOT SUPPORT LayeredFS/modified roms or cias AT THE MOMENT!

NINJHAX 2.0 IS STILL IN BETA! IT CAN'T BOOT ANY CFW!

If you're on Firmware 9.3 or higher, you've to wait some more.

Edited by DJPlayer

Okay, so now I probably just need to wait for some time if using this patch will ever be possible with 3ds firmware 9.8 :/

An offtopic question, but when you order a brand new 3ds, does it come with the newest firmware, or with some lower one, and you just have to update it manually?

Like I mean, if I now order an N3DS, will it come with sys menu v9.8-9.9, or some with lower version, and then I could manually update it with a game cart on system menu?

Okay, so now I probably just need to wait for some time if using this patch will ever be possible with 3ds firmware 9.8 :/

An offtopic question, but when you order a brand new 3ds, does it come with the newest firmware, or with some lower one, and you just have to update it manually?

Like I mean, if I now order an N3DS, will it come with sys menu v9.8-9.9, or some with lower version, and then I could manually update it with a game cart on system menu?

You can buy a o3DS in any store without having to worry. They'll be on Firmware 9.2 or lower.

If you want to buy a N3DS, you should check this page

You can buy a o3DS in any store without having to worry. They'll be on Firmware 9.2 or lower.

If you want to buy a N3DS, you should check this page

Well, the things is, as I live in Finland and in a pretty small village, nearest store that sells gaming consoles is +100kms (dunno how many miles), so I'm pretty much going to order my consoles from the net, and afaik, you can't check the serial number of the console then before the packaging arrives. Also, I'm willing to buy a Japanese one, since there are other (at the moment tho) JPN exclusive games like the new Rhythm Heaven, which don't have a western release announced. Rhythm Heaven is a game that pretty much can be played in Japanese too (I managed to play the GBA one pretty well without knowing any Japanese) so yeah..

Guess I'm stuck on waiting then, as I'd really prefer to buy an N3DS because of the better specs and all...

Does anyone know if ninjhax 2.0 works with the normal, untranslated Fire Emblem Fates game? I'd like to know if updating my 3DS will be safe to continue playing!

And sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, I just thought I would because ninjhax was brought up.

Please understand that we don't want to continue further technical questions and have out of bounds support.

Ninjhax2 has all information on smeas website including what it is capable off.

To use a modified game needs an old or new3ds with 9.2.0 or below.

Edited by Horatio