[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

Does anyone know if ninjhax 2.0 works with the normal, untranslated Fire Emblem Fates game? I'd like to know if updating my 3DS will be safe to continue playing!

And sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, I just thought I would because ninjhax was brought up.

Yes it does work, no way to import saves afaik.

The only things that I think doesn't work is getting the DLC, unless I guess you're on a JP 3DS, which idk, i'll test it out maybe later tonight after work or in a bit, i'll make a edit I actually already bound the dlc to my NNID so can't really test it, but I feel like it would work on a JP 3DS

Don't think streetpass works either, though I feel like it won't since you need to put it into sleep mode and you can't press the home button anyways.

But loading and saving works, even after you fully shut off the 3ds and boot back into it via ninjhax, visiting my castle, (idk about online battles, i'd assume so).

Just don't press the home button, it freezes the 3DS.

[spoiler=video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPnerXHI-Ks I almost went to casual, but I resisted.

Edited by Xanek

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the trouble but I'm having trouble figuring out how uncart works. I have my 9.0 3DS, special edition "if" cart, and cubic ninja. I'm currently trying to follow the Read.me step by step. I downloaded the zip for uncart, but I'm unclear as to what this "SDMC.S" is that it's saying I need in it's read me. I'm also unclear as to whether or not this file is meant to be on my 3DS micro SD Card or not as Uncart doesn't seem to have instructions. If anyone happens to know how this works, would they mind explaining? Thank you!

Sorry for the trouble but I'm having trouble figuring out how uncart works. I have my 9.0 3DS, special edition "if" cart, and cubic ninja. I'm currently trying to follow the Read.me step by step. I downloaded the zip for uncart, but I'm unclear as to what this "SDMC.S" is that it's saying I need in it's read me. I'm also unclear as to whether or not this file is meant to be on my 3DS micro SD Card or not as Uncart doesn't seem to have instructions. If anyone happens to know how this works, would they mind explaining? Thank you!

I don't know anything about this method of dumping the game to get the .3ds, but if you use gateway launcher you can get the .3ds that way, which imo is a lot easier than this way, you don't need the actual gateway cart, just the file on your SD

Edited by Xanek

But if I use Gateway I can't use CFW?

Hm, well is this the old 3ds or the new 3ds? I think both can use gateway launcher at 9.0? don't quote me on this, i'm unsure, someone else can probably confirm

But you would need to get the newest Launcher.dat from the gateway site, put it in the root of your SD card from your 3DS, load cubic ninja, scan the QR code for gateway, navigate to the right till you get to dump cart, insert Fire emblem, dump cart, then you can use the .3ds file it created with the patcher.

Google

[HOWTO] Backup your SysNAND or dump roms from retail carts on O3DS / N3DS

and it'll be the first link, it has the QR codes needed and the steps on how to dump the game for the .3DS file with gateway + cubic ninja

Edited by Xanek

It's a new 3DS. Can I still apply the patch via gateway? Are there any other drawbacks to using gateway instead of CFW? I don't mind which method I use really, so long as I can play the game. Also thanks again for the reply's!

It's a new 3DS. Can I still apply the patch via gateway? Are there any other drawbacks to using gateway instead of CFW? I don't mind which method I use really, so long as I can play the game. Also thanks again for the reply's!

Well for what you're trying to do, we're replacing that step you mentioned prevoiusly with this as it is easier to get the .3ds file, all we're going to do with gateway is dump the game so you generate your .3ds file form the game, you can proceed with the rest of the steps afterwards, we're not creating any firmware or messing around with gateway other than generating the .3ds file.

I'm currently about to leave for work and won't be able to help until ~7 hours from now.

Edited by Xanek

For some reason my PC keeps freezing whenever I try to generate the .cia using the patcher. No idea what's going on :(

You need at least more than 2GB RAM to create a Cia with the patcher.

I have 4GB RAM installed to my PC and my PC keeps freezing, too. Just wait a few minutes while the Patcher is creating the cia.

I've managed up to the point of creating Xorpads. I've downloaded CFW but I'm having trouble understanding where to go from there. I've downloaded Decrypt9 but I don't understand how to use it to create Xorpads. Does anybody have any idea of how that works?

Edit - I forgot the step of installing the Rxtools which is likely a factor in this. With that being said I followed the link provided in the Read.me and tried downloading what was linked in that read me but the download is no longer available. The directions given in that read.me are invalid in accordance to the "rxtools" download" instructions as there is no "3DS Stuff" folder in this new download. Does anyone understand the process of the Rxtools?

Edited by Lucis

Does amiibo functionality only work with a emuNAND or can it work with Pasta+NTR? I get "An error has occured" when selecting it.

Nevermind 9.2.0-20J doesn't support amiibo

Edited by Xanek

Does amiibo functionality only work with a emuNAND or can it work with Pasta+NTR? I get "An error has occured" when selecting it.

Amiibo functionality appeared on firmware 9.3. So yes, EmuNAND only (for now).

So what are your guys plans after the translation?

Will you remain as a group? Do you guys see yourself already as a group, if so do you have a name?

We don't have a name yet and I've no idea if we want to remain as a group (i hope so).

For me, I know that I'll work on some other 3DS-Translations after FE:if :)

We don't have a name yet and I've no idea if we want to remain as a group (i hope so).

Help out with Labyrinth no Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth) fan-translation maybe? :)

Help out with Labyrinth no Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth) fan-translation maybe? :)

uhmmm,... i don't think that I want to work on this Project :P There's already a Team working on it (and yea, I'm not really a fan of this game ;) )

I've some other Games already which could need a Fan Translation^^

uhmmm,... i don't think that I want to work on this Project :P There's already a Team working on it (and yea, I'm not really a fan of this game ;) )

I've some other Games already which could need a Fan Translation^^

Well, I did say "help out". Oh well... "OTL

I seeeeeeee.

*cough*dragon quest*cough*

So anyway, how's the translation going? Didn't see any updates for some time.

Also, in the future, you guys could crowdsource with a google spreadsheet with untranslated things, allowing some input from random people.

So anyway, how's the translation going? Didn't see any updates for some time.

Also, in the future, you guys could crowdsource with a google spreadsheet with untranslated things, allowing some input from random people.

We're working on the Chapters right now.

After we finished the next two chapters (Nohr and Hoshido CHapter 12), we'll release our first Chapter Patch (includes Menu Translation Patch + all fixes)

We're working on the Chapters right now.

After we finished the next two chapters (Nohr and Hoshido CHapter 12), we'll release our first Chapter Patch (includes Menu Translation Patch + all fixes)

Does this translate bonding dialogue etc?

We may actually have to do that (shortage of translators), but for right now, we won't be putting anything online.

Does this translate bonding dialogue etc?

If you're talking about support conversations, most likely our public patch 2.0 release won't contain any, or a few. There's over 1,000 supports, which we'll leave to the last patch - many other people are translating them already, and not having to translate, especially since we're low on translators, would help a lot.

translators needed