[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask...

When generating xorpads, I don't get Main.exefs_7x, only the other three. Is this because I'm trying to dump the card1 version's xorpads?

You need to have the slot0x25keyX.bin in your Root of your SD card.

GOogle for that file, it's copyrighted and we won't share it.

You need to have the slot0x25keyX.bin in your Root of your SD card.

GOogle for that file, it's copyrighted and we won't share it.

Yup. I've got that, the ncchinfo, and the launcher at the root.

Where did you get the slot key? If you got it from gbatemp forum it is empty and you need to put in the key yourself through a hex editor also, you dont need slot key if you are above firmware 7.x

Edited by bobsung92

Where did you get the slot key? If you got it from gbatemp forum it is empty and you need to put in the key yourself through a hex editor also, you dont need slot key if you are above firmware 7.x

Pasted the key in from GovanifY's site. I'm running the xorpad dumper on 4.2, since my emuNAND is at 9.8.

So if someone had a sky3ds, would they be able to use the patcher on the game or does this only work for the current methods listed?

Only with what's listed. Sky3ds cannot play modified games.

Atm Sky3ds cannot play this game period.

I think you are using modified ROM, because its ncchinfo.bin only contains three entries (Main.exheader, Main.exefs_norm, and Main.romfs). The ncchinfo.bin of original ROM contains 7 entries (Main.exheader, Main.exefs_norm, Main.exefs_7x, Main.romfs, Manual.romfs, Partition7.romfs, UpdateData.romfs). Try using original, unaltered ROM.

Bug report : Currently play Nohr path on 1.2v patched ROM . When i offer food for dragon , the food doesn't appear . I haven't tried other food but milk yet cause i'm in early game.

Hope this help !

Bug report : Currently play Nohr path on 1.2v patched ROM . When i offer food for dragon , the food doesn't appear . I haven't tried other food but milk yet cause i'm in early game.

Hope this help !

We already know about this its been explained.

In the file that lists the food items the animation for lilith eating is tied to the name of the food, when we changed the names to english the animation broke so thats why lilith is eating air. We are planning on fixing it but for the menu patch we ignored it since it wasnt very important (it didnt break the game or cause any problems so we left it)

I downloaded the patch and there's no readme I can find. I have a physical copy (Hoshido) with a 3DS, can you tell me how to install the patch, please.

I'm actually going to confirm this.

At least the linked patcher in the OP doesn't have a Readme file.

I was able to play the Chrom DLC without problem with the new patch. Many of the DLC do not load or give errors in Japanese and drop me back to the titlescreen, but I don't know if this is normal or not at this point.

Completing the Chrom DLC gave me three items--one male and one female Lodestar promotion item, and a special throwing knife. Their names and descriptions are still in Japanese. Chrom, Frederic, and Liz each had Japanese classes, descriptions, and names as well.

I was able to play the Chrom DLC without problem with the new patch. Many of the DLC do not load or give errors in Japanese and drop me back to the titlescreen, but I don't know if this is normal or not at this point.

Completing the Chrom DLC gave me three items--one male and one female Lodestar promotion item, and a special throwing knife. Their names and descriptions are still in Japanese. Chrom, Frederic, and Liz each had Japanese classes, descriptions, and names as well.

This is normal. There are only 3 maps and 3 characters (along with main paths) in that DLC pack. The other DLCs have not been released yet.

Made an account just to come on here and thanks for undertaking such a huge task so those who can't wait to play can!

I literally just got my N3DS and Fire Emblem if special edition through the mail and I was hoping that someone could give me a step by step tutorial from the absolute beginning?

I don't understand any of the modding stuff for 3DS so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Made an account just to come on here and thanks for undertaking such a huge task so those who can't wait to play can!

I literally just got my N3DS and Fire Emblem if special edition through the mail and I was hoping that someone could give me a step by step tutorial from the absolute beginning?

I don't understand any of the modding stuff for 3DS so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Well the most important part is the firmware, gotta make sure its 9.2 or below. Anything higher, you're pretty much screwed.

Well it's fresh out the box so I guess it's not updated to the current firmware.

Some n3ds are updated. However, make sure you have the browser with the 3ds. Some of the old ones don't come with it unless you update to the latest.

When I launched the game today there were two japanese prompts that weren't translated, any chance these were important / what do they say?

c4frCkt.png?1 This appeared while in the main menu

0iwDQCv.png This one appeared when I started in My Castle.

Edited by Xanek

I think you are using modified ROM, because its ncchinfo.bin only contains three entries (Main.exheader, Main.exefs_norm, and Main.romfs). The ncchinfo.bin of original ROM contains 7 entries (Main.exheader, Main.exefs_norm, Main.exefs_7x, Main.romfs, Manual.romfs, Partition7.romfs, UpdateData.romfs). Try using original, unaltered ROM.

Yup, that did the trick. Thanks!

When I launched the game today there were two japanese prompts that weren't translated, any chance these were important / what do they say?

c4frCkt.png?1 This appeared while in the main menu

0iwDQCv.png This one appeared when I started in My Castle.

sCdp8xC.png

That's a notification.

"A new notification has arrived".

"The third scenario, "Invisible Kingdom" is now available. Purchase by selecting the "Open a New Path" option."

Edited by shadowofchaos

That's a notification.

"There's a new notification has arrived".

"The third scenario, "Invisible Kingdom" is now available. Purchase by selecting the "Open a New Path" option."

Oh... okay lol, that's good to know, thought it was something more urgent than that. I'll get a capture card eventually after like working for a few months <_<

Edited by Xanek

Will audio be translated?

The only way we can probably do that is if they figure out how to make new subtitles with different timings, instead of just replacing text that is already there.

Also, does anyone here know how to use NTR CFW 1.0?

I want LayeredFS so it's more convenient when screwing around with text files on my old JP 3DS.

I'm weeaboo trash. I edited the text to change "Club" to "Kanabo" and such.

Thank you for releasing FEAT.

I can edit Awakening and files here now too.

tumblr_nra41r3YtI1rmzb08o1_400.pngtumblr_nra41r3YtI1rmzb08o2_400.png

tumblr_nra41r3YtI1rmzb08o3_400.pngtumblr_nra41r3YtI1rmzb08o4_r1_400.png

Edited by shadowofchaos