Is it worth the price?

So, I've recently set out to gather as many Fire Emblem games as possible, so all DS, Wii, Gamecube, and Gameboy titles I am attempting to buy.

I would like to know, is Path of Radiance worth the $100+ it costs on eBay? And does anyone know if I can get it cheaper?

It depends.

For a complete set (manual, game, and case) used you probably are not going to be able to get it any cheaper. You can find just the game itself for less. It really depends what you are looking for. If you are a big Fire Emblem fan or collector than yeah I'd say its worth it and being able to play it on the GCN/Wii is great plus theres nothing like having a complete physical copy of PoR which is near impossible to find. Hell I went to a local game store and they had a Twilight Princess copy and F-zero GX for the GC and didn't have PoR. Keep in mind this was a retro place with a complete collection of NES, SNES, N64, and hell even Jaguar stuff. Personally having dropped that kind of doe on it my self as long as its complete I'd say its worth it

However, if you just want to play it than consider emulating it because $100 is quite steep for a GCN game. Hell you can get Earthbound or Chrono Trigger on the SNES for about the same amount.

Edited by LordTaco42

Yeah, I still can't believe I was lucky enough to find a brand new copy of RD in a local Walmart after my first one started glitching (this was a used copy). This was in 2010, I believe. I don't touch my copies of PoR and RD anymore because I don't want them to stop working right... xP

PoR and RD are incredible games, the best ever made imo, but not even they are worth $100, imo, especially if they're used.

Edited by Anacybele

At the first moment of course not. For 100 $ I'd get a new Wii already.

However I've completed FE10 >100 times. So if I relate it to my total of playtime, I'd say it's alright for me.

Since I think that I'm the only one, who's so obsessed by this game to say it, I still say NO, because I try to speak for the general publicity.

I was lucky to get both games used each for about 30 $ three years ago.

Yeah, I still can't believe I was lucky enough to find a brand new copy of RD in a local Walmart after my first one started glitching (this was a used copy). This was in 2010, I believe. I don't touch my copies of PoR and RD anymore because I don't want them to stop working right... xP

PoR and RD are incredible games, the best ever made imo, but not even they are worth $100, imo, especially if they're used.

OP, I really need you to understand the significance of this coming from Anacybele. It's not worth it.

If you're set as a massive collector, go for it, but it's going to be pricey. Otherwise, FE9's pretty good and people seem to like FE10, but I wouldn't bankrupt yourself on them.

in spite of where i am, i don't think the fire emblem series is worth spending that much money in an attempt to collect them all. it's cool to own it, but the dolphin emulator exists so it's just as good. i found the game for $35--it's in a blank ps2 case haha. for me, that's worth it. i've been looking for a stock case forever though. people are trying to sell THE CASE for $40. fuck that and fuck those people lol

Edited by Phoenix Wright

in spite of where i am, i don't think the fire emblem series is worth spending that much money in an attempt to collect them all. it's cool to own it, but the dolphin emulator exists so it's just as good. i found the game for $35--it's in a blank ps2 case haha. for me, that's worth it. i've been looking for a stock case forever though. people are trying to sell THE CASE for $40. fuck that and fuck those people lol

Yeah that much for just the case is pretty ridiculous. Case and manual...maybe. You could see if you can get a print of the case artwork and slip it into the PS2 case. Sure its not original but hey gets the job done.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRE-EMBLEM-PATH-OF-RADIANCE-GAMECUBE-EMPTY-REPLACEMENT-CASE-ARTWORK-/231464814238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e460c69e

Here's a good one.

Edited by LordTaco42

As much I love this game, it's just too much of a mess in terms of gameplay to pay 100 bucks for it. And it doesn't help that you can definitely tell that this is the first 3D Fire Emblem game. Although some environments look quite nice and I think the 3D maps have a nice feel to them in general, the battle models and their animations tend to leave a lot to desire.

Although I guess if it's important for one to actually collect and own them, then maybe it's worth it.

PoR is $100 now?

Maybe I'll get a RD copy before the price gets completely unreasonable

Well, I would hope that at least Radiant Dawn won't take too long to get a Wii download release. I mean, Pandora's Tower is already available, so how long can it take for Fire Emblem? Especially with Fates coming up.

Edit: Although, looking at the appropriate Wikipedia page, it seems like unlike NoE, NoA really doesn't like to re-release Wii games as download titles for some reason. I knew NoE re-released more Wii games then NoA that way, but I didn't think the difference would be this huge.

Edited by BrightBow

I 100% believe it's worth the price. I've tried emulating it and I just can't stand not playing it on the GC. I bought it again a couple months back after I lost my other copy and I will do so again if ever I lose this one. It was not only my introduction into the series, but the supports and storyline were on point for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...