Luna, Lazward,Odin... (massive spoilers)

Aquaze

So these three have been bugging me since I got fates. I am really glad they are in game but they are so confusing.

Why are they siding with Nohr? The only reason that makes sense is that it's a more familiar nation to what they are used to. But I've been playing the nohr path after beating Hoshido and it creates more questions about these three than it answers. Why after the events of awakening, where they acknowledge in their supports they have trouble killing real people at first. Now they run around on a side with people like Ganz who literally starts killing random soldiers for no reason over and over again. And it's not like they are new to spotting evil. I mean Garon looks like Validars long lost evil uncle or something. I wish we could get more info on their motivations right now other than "we came here to defeat 'something' and if we have to kill innocent people and invade a peaceful nation to expose the evil on our side, so be it."

Idk it just seems to me like they snapped mentally or something.

I still like Fates story bar Kamui being so timid on the Nohr side but meh. I just really like the awakening trio so it's odd to see them supporting people like Garon or Ganz.

my guess is the underlying reason they are there in the first place-to find a greater evil behind all of it. I haven't played, but from what I can tell Nohr is in a better spot to find something like that.

Their supports with some Nohr characters just seem to suggest that they got attached to them, and so want to fight at their side. I mean, it's easy to say that they should just turn around and face Garon because he's evil, but that'd result in fighting against the people that they want to help in the first place.

I guess it breaks their whole super hero imagery from Awakening, but I don't think many rebellions were started due to executing war prisoners...