Stuck on the child paralouges.

I'm doing a no DLC playthrough (reeking boxes and skirmishes allowed.) and I've gotten around to recruiting the children. They have decent stats and growths and there class options offer some very helpful skills.

The only problem is that their paralouges are hard as hell. My main team mostly consists of level 1-8 promoted units. I've hadn't had any trouble with Morgan's or owain's but the others are a different story. There are sages, sorcerers, assassins and berserkers with ranged axes meaning my units aren't very safe and considering res growths aren't usually very high and assassins are very accurate my units die very quickly.

The ones I'm having the most trouble with are inigo's, nah's, severa's and gerome's. Are there any tips anybody could give me to survive these, I want to get the children as early as possible so that there useful.

Well, those -are- the hardest to get, alright. Especially Nah and Severa.

Have you tried recruiting mercenaries for that? They're handy when your team isn't that good. I'm not sure if they are included in your no DLC restriction, though.

What difficulty are you on?

Nah's can be cheesed via having instantpromoted Henry Mire the boss to death.

For Severa most of the enemies there hit hard but have pathetic defence, so if you can survive their attacks you can slowly bait out enemies group by group, reinforcement by reinforcement, whilst continually rescue staffing Severa back to the start of the map to keep her alive. Once her way is clear, let her talk to Holland and get ready to hold off more reinforcements, or else be ready to rout the map on the turn she talks to him.

For Inigo, it's pretty much a case of having units that won't die to EP onslaughts, and there's not much flexability in it.

Edited by Irysa

I found severa's to be easier if you had a couple paired up flying units to go ahead and wipe out anything that might get in her way. And both Nah's and Severa's levels become harder if you're trying to get all of the treasure.

What difficulty are you on?

I'm on hard classic

Those suggestions could work I was worrying about distributing EXP to my units until I realised that the whole point of these paralouges is for the children.

The Henry mire strategy most likely wouldn't work since I benched Henry I could reclass my avatar or libra but that would take a while :/

nah, instantpromoted henry can do it on lunatic, so he can do it on hard for sure. it takes time but it should work.

So I should promote Henry even though he's still only a lvl 12 dark Mage? Well if it kill the boss and gets me nah than maybe I'll go with it.

Edited by EarthboundAddict

All of these are helped by having a few galeforce units. How many do you have?

None. I don't have the gold for second seals and reeking boxes galore, I'd rather funnel EXP to improving my units instead of just one skill

None. I don't have the gold for second seals and reeking boxes galore, I'd rather funnel EXP to improving my units instead of just one skill

That one skill actually pretty much doubles the value of the experience you put into a unit, so it's extremely worth your while to get. Particularly when player phase combat becomes more important when enemies just start overpowering you with unfairly forged weapons. Next run I'd definitely focus on getting Sumia galeforce at least so that you have 2 (possibly 3 if you abuse beastkillers to train cynthia later when you reach her) units whose value on player phase has been doubled just because of investment into one unit.

That one skill actually pretty much doubles the value of the experience you put into a unit, so it's extremely worth your while to get. Particularly when player phase combat becomes more important when enemies just start overpowering you with unfairly forged weapons. Next run I'd definitely focus on getting Sumia galeforce at least so that you have 2 (possibly 3 if you abuse beastkillers to train cynthia later when you reach her) units whose value on player phase has been doubled just because of investment into one unit.

He's playing on hard. Illegal forges aren't a worry outside of Nosferatus and some weirdo with an Armorslayer in chapter 21.

The change between main story enemies and paralouge enemies is drastic but I'm thinking of class changing Morgan and avatar to sorcerers and just have them pick off enemies with mire is this a good strategy?

The change between main story enemies and paralouge enemies is drastic but I'm thinking of class changing Morgan and avatar to sorcerers and just have them pick off enemies with mire is this a good strategy?

It might be more practical to nosferatu tank with them, and probably less expensive.

It might be more practical to nosferatu tank with them, and probably less expensive.

That could potentially work.

Does anybody know how I can reach Cynthia without killing her, also I'm looking for a second seal to reclass Frederick to base class to hopefully strengthen Cynthia. Also what should I reclass my magic asset luck flawed Nowi!Morgan to, manakete doesn't seem to be doing it for her.

That could potentially work.

Does anybody know how I can reach Cynthia without killing her, also I'm looking for a second seal to reclass Frederick to base class to hopefully strengthen Cynthia. Also what should I reclass my magic asset luck flawed Nowi!Morgan to, manakete doesn't seem to be doing it for her.

It's easy. Watch her attack range and stay out of it and then talk to her when she comes closer to you. If she doesn't move until you get in range (which I'm 99% sure isn't the case), then just move somebody who's unequipped into her range once you've dealt with the other nearby enemies.

Tactician is a great class, both for the experience boost from veteran and for ignis when you reach grandmaster. Another alternative is dark flier for galeforce, of course.

It's easy. Watch her attack range and stay out of it and then talk to her when she comes closer to you. If she doesn't move until you get in range (which I'm 99% sure isn't the case), then just move somebody who's unequipped into her range once you've dealt with the other nearby enemies.

That could work if my units didn't have the crappiest defence known to man. Can I give them defence tonics and those shield things that increase defence permanently to remedy this?

What units are you using?

On my main team? I have Chrom of course whose defence is exceptionally high at 30 but the opponents on that level are very strong, I also have Olivia who while she doesn't have amazing defence she has the highest speed capped at the dancer class on 41, I also have Morgan and my avatar who are balanced in both defence and speed. They should be good enough though right. Also do I have to bring a whole team on Cynthia's paralouge or am I ok just bringing like 5 or 6 units.

(also I've finally beaten inigo's paralouge, yay me)

On my main team? I have Chrom of course whose defence is exceptionally high at 30 but the opponents on that level are very strong, I also have Olivia who while she doesn't have amazing defence she has the highest speed capped at the dancer class on 41, I also have Morgan and my avatar who are balanced in both defence and speed. They should be good enough though right. Also do I have to bring a whole team on Cynthia's paralouge or am I ok just bringing like 5 or 6 units.

(also I've finally beaten inigo's paralouge, yay me)

I don't remember Cynthia's paralogue being all that hard, but then the last time I tried it was on my no pair up run when I therefore had a bunch of attacks and thus I focused on a player-phase offensive to take care of the multiple groups.

I don't remember Cynthia's paralogue being all that hard, but then the last time I tried it was on my no pair up run when I therefore had a bunch of attacks and thus I focused on a player-phase offensive to take care of the multiple groups.

Ok, so focus more on the offensive side that sounds simple enough

What's a good parent for noire. I heard Gaius is good but mostly it's just galeforce and I don't really care about skills. Instead I'm looking for class options and mods.

Ok, so focus more on the offensive side that sounds simple enough

What's a good parent for noire. I heard Gaius is good but mostly it's just galeforce and I don't really care about skills. Instead I'm looking for class options and mods.

Mods... are not going to come into play during a typical playthrough. They mostly apply postgame. If you don't care about skills, I'm assuming you just want to pick one class you feel a unit works well with and stick with it? ...Setting aside my opinions on how good of an idea that is, I guess that means I can't really tell you anything useful I'm afraid. Look at the growth rates for each character and the classes they have access to and see for yourself which growths and classes you want to contribute to each child.

Mods... are not going to come into play during a typical playthrough. They mostly apply postgame. If you don't care about skills, I'm assuming you just want to pick one class you feel a unit works well with and stick with it? ...Setting aside my opinions on how good of an idea that is, I guess that means I can't really tell you anything useful I'm afraid. Look at the growth rates for each character and the classes they have access to and see for yourself which growths and classes you want to contribute to each child.

Gaius!noire as a dark knight sounds decent. The magic and defence from tharja's dark Mage class and the skill and speed from Gaius's thief class makes a very balanced noire and considering that dark knight is one of the more balanced classes in the game I think noire could become alright, not as good as Morgan or owain or even Brady but still decent

And yes I'm picking parents based on mods and classes not skills.

Okay, I have to ask, Why not? Skills are half to 70% of the point.

Because as I said I'm not using DLC. I can use reeking boxes yes but those are very costly. To get the "perfect" skills for each child would require a lot of grinding. I could just use one unit an entire chapter but that deprives other units of much needed EXP. getting skills requires a lot of EXP and there just isn't enough. Besides I'm not completely depriving my units of skills I've managed to quickly grab astra and sol for inigo, severa and yarne. Cynthia has Luna and galeforce. Owain has tomefaire, renewal and Astra, Brady has counter, renewal, life taker and vengance and Morgan and nah have Astra, galeforce, ignis, sol and aegis. I'd say those are decent skills. I had to make some sacrifices though and as a result my children are kind of weak in terms of stats but their parents are strong enough that pair up will be able to save them. That and I've lost quite a bit of gold through reeking boxes.

Because as I said I'm not using DLC. I can use reeking boxes yes but those are very costly. To get the "perfect" skills for each child would require a lot of grinding. I could just use one unit an entire chapter but that deprives other units of much needed EXP. getting skills requires a lot of EXP and there just isn't enough. Besides I'm not completely depriving my units of skills I've managed to quickly grab astra and sol for inigo, severa and yarne. Cynthia has Luna and galeforce. Owain has tomefaire, renewal and Astra, Brady has counter, renewal, life taker and vengance and Morgan and nah have Astra, galeforce, ignis, sol and aegis. I'd say those are decent skills. I had to make some sacrifices though and as a result my children are kind of weak in terms of stats but their parents are strong enough that pair up will be able to save them. That and I've lost quite a bit of gold through reeking boxes.

Even without DLC, what skills you pick can be extremely important, especially on higher difficulties. A large part of the key to beating higher difficulties is to get the right skills as quickly as possible on units that can make good use of them. Trust me, in future playthroughs, you'll want to actually give some good consideration to the skills you collect.