Stuck on the child paralouges.

Even without DLC, what skills you pick can be extremely important, especially on higher difficulties. A large part of the key to beating higher difficulties is to get the right skills as quickly as possible on units that can make good use of them. Trust me, in future playthroughs, you'll want to actually give some good consideration to the skills you collect.

Yes on higher diffuculties, hard mode isn't really as "hard" as it sounds. Yes skills do help and make the game relatively more easier but there not exactly needed to beat the game, in my first playthrough I managed to beat the game without people ever having to leave there class line. That's just on normal and hard though, in lunatic and lunatic+ there practically a necessity.

Edited by EarthboundAddict

Yes on higher diffuculties, hard mode isn't really as "hard" as it sounds. Yes skills do help and make the game relatively more easier but there not exactly needed to beat the game, in my first playthrough I managed to beat the game without people ever having to leave there class line. That's just on normal and hard though, in lunatic and lunatic+ there practically a necessity.

I know they're not needed on normal and hard, but what confuses me is why you seem to not care about them at all. It's not like other things become MORE important on those difficulties (except of course having fun, though that's important on every difficulty). Basically, if you don't care about skills, there's really very little reason whatsoever to care about who you pair up with who. So I'd take the opportunity to pair them up with the craziest, most balls-to-the-wall out-of-your-mind bizarre pairings you can think of just so you can get them in your support log.

If you're not grinding and on Normal, and especially if you're using a big team, you're not going to see any effect from mods whatsoever due to never capping your stats.

You will be able to get your hands on at least one good skill per unit, and several others that are situationally useful. And often, those situationally useful skills will come in handy more than a full set of promoted Lv.15 skills.

As an example of how classes and skills can be important, see Yarne: he has a lot of promise with excellent physical growths, but comes with no weapon ranks in anything. Cavalier gives Discipline, something that perfectly fixes his problem while still putting him in an excellent class with a strong promotion option. Is Discipline something you'd want to use on an endgame/postgame set? Nope. But for base Yarne, it's the most useful skill in the game, and requires no work to get as well. He doesn't come with Cav either, so you have to pass it to him.

tl;dr don't go for perfect skills, go for useful ones that don't require you to sabotage your combat performance to get them. No cost. Big gain.

If you're not grinding and on Normal, and especially if you're using a big team, you're not going to see any effect from mods whatsoever due to never capping your stats.

You will be able to get your hands on at least one good skill per unit, and several others that are situationally useful. And often, those situationally useful skills will come in handy more than a full set of promoted Lv.15 skills.

As an example of how classes and skills can be important, see Yarne: he has a lot of promise with excellent physical growths, but comes with no weapon ranks in anything. Cavalier gives Discipline, something that perfectly fixes his problem while still putting him in an excellent class with a strong promotion option. Is Discipline something you'd want to use on an endgame/postgame set? Nope. But for base Yarne, it's the most useful skill in the game, and requires no work to get as well. He doesn't come with Cav either, so you have to pass it to him.

tl;dr don't go for perfect skills, go for useful ones that don't require you to sabotage your combat performance to get them. No cost. Big gain.

I wish I knew that before, in my previous playthroughs I never used vantage because i grinded A LOT so my units were practically untouchable, but now that I'm not grinding and my units are on par with the enemies and vantage has saved owain, Lon'qu and inigo more times than I can count.