Jedi's Old Hobby

Jedi

Back when I was younger I used to mess around alot with photoshop, I felt I should share some of my old signatures, some people are even using some here on sf (and the Kenshin one I'm using is mine too). I'm no artist, I can just mess with images and make backgrounds with all of photoshops tools and they allow some artsy stuff from even one like myself who cannot draw.

So i'm grabbing some of my old work the quality since I grabbed them out of order will be drastic, some of will be my crappy old work, others my better later stuff.

http://jedisupersonic.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0This only has some of my more recent (2 years ago recent).

And then this is my older stuff, http://imgur.com/a/l36dR and yes I do realize a fair bit of the older crappy stuff will be like lol so crowded. But I felt like showing where I started too.

If you wish to use any of these feel free.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I took quite a number of requests, and now that i'm getting Photoshop back I'm gonna consider seeing if I still like to do this, maybe take some requests again.

maybe give a test one to see if you're still up for doing things like that?

but hey, if you wanna give this another shot, i say go on ahead

these look great

maybe give a test one to see if you're still up for doing things like that?

but hey, if you wanna give this another shot, i say go on ahead

these look great

I'll probably do a test one yeah.

And thank you very much ^^

So I decided to give myself a test run.

This was the result, seems pretty ok, I haven't lost too much of my touch, but I was struggling for a good background lol, also character was decided by the image I saw first and I went to SF's front page lol.

My blending, coloration and such need work again..

GCceSch.jpg

Now since I have the JPEG and the PS file, if anyone wanted to use it but with no or different text, all you'd have to do is ask.

Edited by Jedi

I'd definitely be interested if you started taking requests again. I've always been jealous of SF members with cool sig images.

Edited by Knight

I'd definitely be interested if you started taking requests again. I've always been jealous of SF members with cool sig images.

I shall keep that in mind, I'll let you know if/when I do, I think I'll do a few more test runs before I decide ^^.

Some of your art is really good, with honorable mention to this Prinny-girl sign (I didn't play that game, sorry). But if you do return to the Photoshop business, my criticism is the same as before: Take care to not make signs brighter than they need to be, which is a tendency of yours.

Also, do you know about the dodge/burn tool? With them, you can lighten or darken areas of your work, so it's useful for adding a contrast. The settings in the Image bar are also handy, like Photo Filter (or Color Filter, I don't remember the name) and Hue/Saturation.

That said, I'm a complete noob with Photoshop, so take it with a grain of salt. =P

Some of your art is really good, with honorable mention to this Prinny-girl sign (I didn't play that game, sorry). But if you do return to the Photoshop business, my criticism is the same as before: Take care to not make signs brighter than they need to be, which is a tendency of yours.

Also, do you know about the dodge/burn tool? With them, you can lighten or darken areas of your work, so it's useful for adding a contrast. The settings in the Image bar are also handy, like Photo Filter (or Color Filter, I don't remember the name) and Hue/Saturation.

That said, I'm a complete noob with Photoshop, so take it with a grain of salt. =P

Yes I'm aware of the dodge/burn tool, I end up thinking I make things too dark then I take it in the reverse direction hahaha.

I am semi aware of my brightness yeah, but I think sometimes it makes it pop.

Edited by Jedi

JEDI YO

This is so amazing. Even your old work is pretty great! coughthatjigglypuffsigcough. <33

But it's def apparent how much you've improved~

JEDI YO

This is so amazing. Even your old work is pretty great! coughthatjigglypuffsigcough. <33

But it's def apparent how much you've improved~

Thank you ^^;

Also that Jigglypuff one was an idea of a cousin of mine, she's a goofball xD

You tell me to come and post and I see Felicia.

Absolutely disgusting.

Anyways, you're good at this. I still appreciate the sig you made for me before, even though I don't wish to be called by that name anymore, but still. Appreciated.

You tell me to come and post and I see Felicia.

Absolutely disgusting.

Anyways, you're good at this. I still appreciate the sig you made for me before, even though I don't wish to be called by that name anymore, but still. Appreciated.

Can't please everyone :P:

No problem, if I do decide to open requests again, I'll make sure to put the right one now, should I take the Sophia one down?

Edited by Jedi

Maybe, should've done Camilla, I could've at least backed that up, but nooooo.

Yes, yes, I know.

I don't really care, it's part of your hobby, so I don't have the right to force you to take it down, and as long as I'm not called that anymore I really don't care.

Maybe, should've done Camilla, I could've at least backed that up, but nooooo.

Yes, yes, I know.

I don't really care, it's part of your hobby, so I don't have the right to force you to take it down, and as long as I'm not called that anymore I really don't care.

Maybe a future project :P

Alright ^^; its no problem either way, if it makes you uncomfortable just seeing it. But it seems like it doesn't

Don't worry about it, I still like it, I just don't want to be called that anymore.

Anyways, onto more pressing business, I don't know why you haven't started on a sexy Lyn signature for me!

Don't worry about it, I still like it, I just don't want to be called that anymore.

Anyways, onto more pressing business, I don't know why you haven't started on a sexy Lyn signature for me!

Understood.

Haha aren't you bold :P.

Not 100% sure I can double post, but I have another new test signature so..

N10AMd3.jpg

Damn that looks nice. I like how you used the ending picture of Ike walking away. It actually fits a signature really well.

Someone has to be!

Have fun with your practice.

Thankies ^^

Damn that looks nice. I like how you used the ending picture of Ike walking away. It actually fits a signature really well.

Yeah, I figured that particular pic would work well with it, thanks ^^