Jedi's Old Hobby

Jedi

It's been awhile, and I've been working on a project behind the scenes.

A smash signature set! Which will take eons but have the first taste of it.

Dj4YcGo.jpg

eDZ5p9L.jpg

The Mario one goes against the natural lighting on Mario, I'm guilty of this myself , but to make the area where the light should be coming from completely black is hard to salvage.

As for Corrin it is washed out, try a applying the image and then setting it to linear burn then erase lower the opacity and erase where needed it'll let you restore some shadows on a washed out image then you're free to make a soft light layer with black accenting those shadows.

Fair enough. I've been trying to work on depth, via blur/sharpen for when I (rarely) actually muster the will to do something, but I never seem to get it just right, so I guess I'm with you there, haha.

Instead of just doing blur and sharpen make it a multi-layered blur, you don't actually need to use sharpen on every image. Some images just don't sharpen well without looking over-sharpened and you can still create depth by varying levels of blur depending on how far away from the focal depth the layer is. Background and foreground both need to be sharpened to create convincing "real-life" depth. the closer to the camera the more blurred the foreground should be. *I'm not saying to blur the focal at all, but rather any objects you put in front of the focal*

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mario one goes against the natural lighting on Mario, I'm guilty of this myself , but to make the area where the light should be coming from completely black is hard to salvage.

As for Corrin it is washed out, try a applying the image and then setting it to linear burn then erase lower the opacity and erase where needed it'll let you restore some shadows on a washed out image then you're free to make a soft light layer with black accenting those shadows.

Sorry for being so late to reply, but thank you for the tips. I'll see what I can do when I continue :)

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, tailfin said:

Sigs are fun to do. xD Nothing like messing around with hi-res images with your favourite graphics editor.

Yeah they are, it was your Heroes backgrounds that got me thinking about messing with sigs again funny enough.