Jedi's Old Hobby

Jedi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well the original plan was to have Roy enveloped by flames, but it looks horrendous because I'm so out of practice.

So I'll try to re-work Roy himself and maybe using a gradient.

Question, do you C4Ds at all for your backgrounds? Or do you do everything yourself?

Backgrounds are a mixture of me doing stuff and me ripping pictures.

Jedi, my friend.

You simply must take the avatars of all the Link Arena players and add mexistaches and sombreros to them. At the very least you need to do it for Quint, Elie and me.

And what if I don't feel like doing that?

I don't really have the time right now. Or I'd consider.

Edited by Jedi

Then you don't.

Aw, sadness. Oh well, 'tis fine enough.

Sorry if I sounded a little uptight there, didn't mean to. I will see if I can sometime tonight.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

To be honest, it doesn't look bad. I liked the render and the brush selection, but the render being placed below the brush and getting through her armor is really odd, and the brush itself seems like it was badly cut and "rasp" (which I think is because of the size of the brushes' borders).

Also, if I recall correctly you made a topic trying to gather people for a signature competition. How did it work out? I'd be interested in one. It's been a long time since I mess with signs and maybe that could kick me into going back to my hobby. And then you'll be able to enact your revenge on me and say my signs suck

Edited by Rapier

Also, if I recall correctly you made a topic trying to gather people for a signature competition. How did it work out? I'd be interested in one. It's been a long time since I mess with signs and maybe that could kick me into going back to my hobby. And then you'll be able to enact your revenge on me and say my signs suck

Wait huh? That was a thing? Well damn, I'd have possibly jumped in as well

Signature competitions?

how do those work?

do people just take the same sig request and work on it to see whose is better?

That can work, but what I had in mind was a contest with a theme. The contestants would have to make a sign about that theme, to be voted by members when the deadline for submitting them ends.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did two new things recently.

One was a request. A Rosalina avatar.

DFv1lXY.jpg

And the other was just me messing around with an Eleanora (From #FE) signature

tPaP7ke.jpg

Edited by Jedi

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile, and I've been working on a project behind the scenes.

A smash signature set! Which will take eons but have the first taste of it.

Dj4YcGo.jpg

eDZ5p9L.jpg

Edited by Jedi

I really like the colors in that Corrin one. Tho I think there could be more shadows, seeing as how one side of him seems to be lighter than the other

Probably could have been, I'm fairly rusty and I wasn't thinking about it as much.

Probably could have been, I'm fairly rusty and I wasn't thinking about it as much.

Fair enough. I've been trying to work on depth, via blur/sharpen for when I (rarely) actually muster the will to do something, but I never seem to get it just right, so I guess I'm with you there, haha.