Easy Bake Fate Babies[Spoilers]

Iron Griffin

So I'm still a bit baffled about something. Yeah it isn't really anything new but man I'm still scratching my head to the bone.

So in Awakening we pretty much have the kids play Terminator and come from the future to fix everything so to an extent they have relevance to the story and a doable reason for how they got there but here the kids in Fates have no purpose. I can let the characters getting married slide no problem but what would possess them to have kids during a time of war?

Also what is this Hyperbolic Time Chamber used to age the kids faster anyways? Where did it come from and how does it even work? If it speeds up the growth of the children why not those who are in there as well?

In Matoi's support with Kamui she mentions that the other wives were there along with some caretakers so what do the ladies go into this real once they realize they have a loaf baking in them and enlist elite nannies to raise them?

Edited by Iron Griffin

The kids this time around are definitely not canon. Unless I missed something important, which I probably did because you get some text after the first child is born, I'm pretty sure you've got to actually have the child before locking it away in a different dimension, and that takes a while.

You've also got to accept some people getting pregnant really fast. Like...instantaneously.

Anyway, the kids don't affect the story in the slightest, and it's probably there because people enjoyed the mechanic in Awakening. It's better to not think about it too hard.

Edited by Thane

Honestly? It's largely still best to think of it as "It's magic" and that's it.

But there too many questions it raises! Yeah I know its easy for writers to hand wave something by just saying magic but a world(even a fantasy one) needs some rules.....sometimes.

The kids this time around are definitely not canon. Unless I missed something important, which I probably did because you get some text after the first child is born, I'm pretty sure you've got to actually have the child before locking it away in a different dimension, and that takes a while.

You've also got to accept some people getting pregnant really fast. Like...instantaneously.

Anyway, the kids don't affect the story in the slightest, and it's probably there because people enjoyed the mechanic in Awakening. It's better to not think about it too hard.

What dictates in this situation what is and what isn't canon here exactly? Just curious.

Well so to speak, I don't think they've thought about it at all, and it was basically that they decided "we're gonna have children and handwave it"

I suppose they did at least "try" to explain it, but there's no clean way around this I would think.

The simplest way would be

> Couple gets married

> Mother gets pregnant

> Magic

> Full term "instantly" (because there's no way in our terms they're going to let this happen, etc)

So now let's deal with the child character then

Let's say that they have a year (no way obviously..I think, anyway) "in the real world" for the child to, say, grow up 10 Years (I doubt they are that young, but whatever).

This means that, even if the parents visit every day, from the child's perspective, it'd be every 10 days.

Now if you were to cut the time down to a month, it'd already be every 120 days instead, which is really ridiculous (I'd say)

TL;DR, you can't have a family if you actually have different timespeeds, so the fact that they do is "magic"

Logically speaking, anyway.

But of course, this is just my opinion..and I might not even have said anything important

Update:

Okay nevermind, let me try that again.

The basic idea is that technically, they can spend years and years and years in the magic dimension without time flowing (how ironic)

The only real logic problem here is that, why did the child age and the parents not age?

So that option is out as well, unless they conveniently used Extra Magic Handwave, and say that, only children born in the magic dimension get the time speed boost in the dimension, and everyone else is in stasis.

...I don't even know anymore, but the bottom line is, Magic

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

But there too many questions it raises! Yeah I know its easy for writers to hand wave something by just saying magic but a world(even a fantasy one) needs some rules.....sometimes.

What dictates in this situation what is and what isn't canon here exactly? Just curious.

Recruiting the children is entirely optional, so it isn't set in stone like how your siblings will always be in the story. They are less canon than the kids in Awakening, where Lucina will always be recruited and she mentions that she traveled with others from the future.

To add to the valid points already made, the notion that the characters knew about different worlds, especially ones where they could dump a child to let it age faster, is absurd. In addition to this, they must've also had enough time to visit the child regularly, as they know them at least a little when recruiting them. I don't think Kamui and his ragtag bunch of misfits have enough time to make casual trips to different dimensions while waging a war.

Granted, the kids in Awakening could be recruited almost directly after Lucina's reveal, and I doubt Chrom led an invasion to Valm and then took a break, went back and stopped some bandits to recruit Cynthia, but at least Chrom only goes to each child once.

Yeah, the kids in this game were added for pure fanservice this time around, instead of have pseudo narrative merit. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, unless they really skew the character balance, so there's no point in over thinking it. Just accept it as it is.

I think it's like the wardrobe to Narnia. You send the children to an entirely different world through some weird portal where the time flows faster. But in the end it's all because of magic so don't think too much about it.

It's getting worse each game in terms of kids reasons:

FE4: Kids got born ->parents died -> years past -> pick up where we left off

FE13: the kids come from the a ruined future and travel to the past to save their parents and their unborn selfs a world of pain. There's also a gazillion different worlds with more peeps in them.

FE14: People get married, have kids in the middle of war, shove them into alternate dimensions to grow up by themselves (save for occasional visits), they grow up super fast and them come to help the parents fight.

With how ridiculous the explanations are getting, I am really fearing for FE15.

Mabye they should just skip the silly explanations and have the kids born like Athena: fully grown and ready to fight.

I thought it would be a guide to makes babies easlily given the title.

My explanation would be that they aren't real children, but illusions based on the two spouses' strong desire for children. Dream Children.

I know nothing about the game, but it's what seems to makes more sense for me.

If it bothers you, do like me, just ignore it, it is a violation of common sense anyways. Plus, the kids are apparently all weird as hell.

FE15. Send the baby in space edition.

If it bothers you, do like me, just ignore it, it is a violation of common sense anyways. Plus, the kids are apparently all weird as hell.

FE15. Send the baby in space edition.

I wouldn't say it bothers me but how they are going about doing it is very perplexing.

I couldn't help but start laughing when I read the title.

Anyways, I wish they had either done away with the kids for now or had a system like FE 4 since, while not the best, was still much better then FE A or now.

I love the title. Didn't want children coming in war to fight and be OP, but at least they're non-canon. I'm kind of scared of the hype FE 15 is going to get. Imagine the hype thread in the future...

I love the title. Didn't want children coming in war to fight and be OP, but at least they're non-canon. I'm kind of scared of the hype FE 15 is going to get. Imagine the hype thread in the future...

Something tells me that the Fire Emblem Amie will see the biggest overhaul...you know, in "that" way.

Thread title made me hungry.

Yeah, the kids in this game were added for pure fanservice this time around, instead of have pseudo narrative merit. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, unless they really skew the character balance, so there's no point in over thinking it. Just accept it as it is.

More or less. They are really just there for the shiggles. Im not arsed and the only reason why is because these guys arent canon at all in any sense. Like, the game's plot has nothing to do with them at all, and they are entirely optional. No lord character getting forced married so one of them can exist for plot, nada. Its just..there. That means if i dont want to bother with them or pairing people, i dont have to worry about it. Or if im feeling like a total fucking rubbish bin, i can ship my army to my heart's content and let babies happen and gooey supports and shit. Its there when i want it, and can be avoided if i dont want it. (unlike FE13 where the plot forces time travel baby and my lord to marry by a certain chapter)

Something tells me that the Fire Emblem Amie will see the biggest overhaul...you know, in "that" way.

Does that mean we can speak to our waifus and husbandos with the microphone? I do know what "That" is though, but I think fanfiction has that covered by now.

Does that mean we can speak to our waifus and husbandos with the microphone? I do know what "That" is though, but I think fanfiction has that covered by now.

"Kamui grabbed his stylus and started rubbing the clumsy maid's face who stared at him with her clear orbs - 'master, that place is dame desuuu'"

Honestly though, what with the focus on fan service in this game, I'm almost surprised there's no nudity, not even in the leaked DLC footage.

and what is up with people calling eyes "orbs"? like, it's such an obvious way to try and avoid sounding repetitive that you instead make the reader aware they're reading a book, which is one of the worst things a writer can do.

It's not like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is new to the series. Old Hubba mentioned it in Champions of Yore 1

Huzzah! Ho ho, you've made this tired and bent but still attractive old man very happy. Oh, and there's no big hurry getting back all my cards, by the way. At least, not as you perceive time. It flows differently in the Outrealms, you know. You can cross back and forth from here to your world as it suits you. So just go and abandon me whenever you please...like an old shoe...cold and alone...

Edited by luankachu

It's getting worse each game in terms of kids reasons:

FE4: Kids got born ->parents died -> years past -> pick up where we left off

FE13: the kids come from the a ruined future and travel to the past to save their parents and their unborn selfs a world of pain. There's also a gazillion different worlds with more peeps in them.

FE14: People get married, have kids in the middle of war, shove them into alternate dimensions to grow up by themselves (save for occasional visits), they grow up super fast and them come to help the parents fight.

Mabye they should just skip the silly explanations and have the kids born like Athena: fully grown and ready to fight.

With the way it's going they might as well do that. I would rather have IntSys do that than to make some convoluted reason for why the children are ready to fight after being in Age Up Quickly Oven World. FE4's explanation for the children wasn't perfect, but it is better than FE13 and FE14's excuse.

Edited by Frelia

I'm worried that children characters are going to be FE's future. I desperately hope that this is just a phase, and that they'll abandon it as soon as the novelty wears out(though, I already feel that it's already long since worn out).

I love having paralouges and extra characters, but I want to see them find other ways to add these. I don't want to be forced to pretend I'm playing some limited dating simulator just to unlock all the maps and characters.

It's not like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is new to the series. Old Hubba mentioned it in Champions of Yore 1

Huzzah! Ho ho, you've made this tired and bent but still attractive old man very happy. Oh, and there's no big hurry getting back all my cards, by the way. At least, not as you perceive time. It flows differently in the Outrealms, you know. You can cross back and forth from here to your world as it suits you. So just go and abandon me whenever you please...like an old shoe...cold and alone...

Somewhat, but in the case of the Xenologues, that wasn't used as a handwave to explain shenaningans.

It was literally "What you do in the Outrealms won't cost you in your adventures in the "real world"." (although since you could level and grind in them, they're a bit more like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber)

...I literally don't think they could get dumber with 2nd gen explanations, outside of magic babies that are fully grown appearing out of thin air.

Awakening made sense.

Genealogy made more sense.

This is dumb.

Since clearly they're not going to take a break from the mechanic, I can only hope the next game is just an FE4 remake to cool thine jets.

Edited by Airship Canon

I like this better than Awakening myself, primarily because this doesn't dilute the severity of having someone killed. The parents are dead? Just kidding, we're going to save an alternate version of them.

This one, however, has none of that. It really is just "hey look magic kid".

As for all those talk of pregnancy and whatnot, remember that My Castle itself has a different flow of time than the rest of the world. They really can spend a whole year there, return to the war and see nothing changed. Yeah, not the most sensible explanation, but Holy War had its share of flaws too (namely, they too are at war when they get married).

I'd still prefer having no Awakening-style marriage system to get in the way of supports, characters and story (and the whole "I'll marry any of my coworker" thing sounds ridiculous to me), but it's not THAT bad.