Official Third Path Trailer

Hardin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

uggh. I'm downloading it right now but i'm stuck trying to decide between female and male kamui. I've played both hoshido and Nohr so far and I LOVE female Kamui. I love her animations, her Vos. Everything about her just seems much cooler than male kamui. I've done one male kamui run and haven't finished it yet. Yet i'm so tempted to do a male kamui run first for the 3rd path JUST to marry Aqua.

Ugh decisions decisions.

Damn, Hydra is creepy...

Did anyone else shiver at the sight of that...eyeball? Balleye? Eyes in ball? Ball with Eyes? What can we call that?

Edited by Water Mage

Azura has balls, I like girl like that. Btw my shipping sense is tingling that Kamui and Azura while falling is trying to hold hand. :3

If that is what you are into dude I wont judge! (΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)

Also I'm surprised your senses are not going haywire for this route(Especially this route). :XD:

If you don't mind me asking, how was it, esp in comparison to previous L/L+ modes?

[spoiler=minor gameplay spoilers]

Hoshido Lunatic was fairly similar to FE13 Lunatic I think, though easier early and harder late, relatively speaking. I think I broke the balance a bit using +Def Dread Fighter Corrin (and DF Mozume, lol), though.

Nohr Lunatic I honestly ragequit like Chapter 20 for a variety of reasons (long story but I didn't like a lot of decisions and mistakes I made earlier). Though it was pretty much a blind run (essentially my first FE14 run) and I was still getting used to mechanics as well. Also, I really like the animations but it was taking forever between looking up weapon/items/skills and having super careful positioning (transferring units around for mobility and the Guard stance bonuses, trading weapon shenanigans for enemy phase counters and Attack stance, auras/adjacent skills, etcetcetc). I also didn't know about DF then. Compare to FE12 Lunatic (player phase emphasis) and Thracia (lots of mechanics and "gimmicks") I guess.

I did Nohr Hard instead before Hoshido Lunatic and it was fun and surprisingly challenging. There are still nasty skill combos and lategame the enemy pretty much matches your stats so it's kinda like FE9 Maniac I wanna say. I did use +Mag/-Res Corrin here which is probably rather suboptimal but eh (+Spd seems pretty sick, I'll probably use that when I do Nohr Lunatic again, since you really lack super speedy people in Nohr besides Kaze).

In general though it's harder to steamroll since durability is relatively low + debuffs/poison so there's more positioning involved. I think the map gimmicks/objectives will get a lot more attention but there's a lot of small but quite smart stuff they did with the AI, aggro patterns and enemy position/skills, which I really like.

[spoiler=minor gameplay spoilers]

Hoshido Lunatic was fairly similar to FE13 Lunatic I think, though easier early and harder late, relatively speaking. I think I broke the balance a bit using +Def Dread Fighter Corrin (and DF Mozume, lol), though.

Nohr Lunatic I honestly ragequit like Chapter 20 for a variety of reasons (long story but I didn't like a lot of decisions and mistakes I made earlier). Though it was pretty much a blind run (essentially my first FE14 run) and I was still getting used to mechanics as well. Also, I really like the animations but it was taking forever between looking up weapon/items/skills and having super careful positioning (transferring units around for mobility and the Guard stance bonuses, trading weapon shenanigans for enemy phase counters and Attack stance, auras/adjacent skills, etcetcetc). I also didn't know about DF then. Compare to FE12 Lunatic (player phase emphasis) and Thracia (lots of mechanics and "gimmicks") I guess.

I did Nohr Hard instead before Hoshido Lunatic and it was fun and surprisingly challenging. There are still nasty skill combos and lategame the enemy pretty much matches your stats so it's kinda like FE9 Maniac I wanna say. I did use +Mag/-Res Corrin here which is probably rather suboptimal but eh (+Spd seems pretty sick, I'll probably use that when I do Nohr Lunatic again, since you really lack super speedy people in Nohr besides Kaze).

In general though it's harder to steamroll since durability is relatively low + debuffs/poison so there's more positioning involved. I think the map gimmicks/objectives will get a lot more attention but there's a lot of small but quite smart stuff they did with the AI, aggro patterns and enemy position/skills, which I really like.

Damn, that sounds pretty great. I loved FE12's positioning-focused playstyle so this is great news to me. Thanks!

This came out a little sooner than I expected (expected next week at the earliest). Also, for those that have Japanese 3DS's, a new Fire Emblem theme is available on the Theme Shop.

https://youtu.be/CNc3q2chE5U

I told myself not to get anymore themes, but that one uses the special edition art that I like...and I still have to get the 2nd and 3rd path. RIP my wallet.

uggh. I'm downloading it right now but i'm stuck trying to decide between female and male kamui. I've played both hoshido and Nohr so far and I LOVE female Kamui. I love her animations, her Vos. Everything about her just seems much cooler than male kamui. I've done one male kamui run and haven't finished it yet. Yet i'm so tempted to do a male kamui run first for the 3rd path JUST to marry Aqua.

Ugh decisions decisions.

Interesting. I've only played Femui so far, but decided I would go Mamui in the 3rd route to make Aqua happy. (Or maybe she would be far happier if I give her Flannel.)

Eh, you sure ? i never seen much DLC's trailer, especially for japanese games. I don't really know. :/

If that's the case, well, my bad then.

... I'm still pissed off at this canon path. :p

Why? Do you honestly know anything about it?

Why? Do you honestly know anything about it?

A lot of us already knew the title of the third path back in June, we been thoroughly spoiled with a lot of story detail already.

Edited by Awakener_

Shut up and take my money already!

...I mean, in the future...

...When this game comes out over here...

...6 months....

*cries*

Welp, time to locate a DeLorean.

Err, just in case someone wants it... Translation of the text found on the main website.

The third path, where you follow neither Hoshido nor Nohr. It shows the battle in the Kingdom of Touma*, where you were led to by the songstress Aqua.

The difficulty level is about the middle of the Hoshido and Nohr paths. A feature of this path is that there are many gimmicks on the maps. You can raise character levels freely like in the Hoshido path.

*Literally means something like invisible magic Kingdom. No idea how it's supposed to be read.

And I guess gimmicks mean more dragon vein stuff going on?

Also, translation of the few lines in the trailer.

In the ravine between Hoshido and Nohr

There is the invisible kingdom.

Fire Emblem if: Invisible Kingdom

Err, just in case someone wants it... Translation of the text found on the main website.

The third path, where you follow neither Hoshido nor Nohr. It shows the battle in the Kingdom of Touma*, where you were led to by the songstress Aqua.

The difficulty level is about the middle of the Hoshido and Nohr paths. A feature of this path is that there are many gimmicks on the maps. You can raise character levels freely like in the Hoshido path.

*Literally means something like invisible magic Kingdom. No idea how it's supposed to be read.

And I guess gimmicks mean more dragon vein stuff going on?

Also, translation of the few lines in the trailer.

In the ravine between Hoshido and Nohr

There is the invisible kingdom.

Fire Emblem if: Invisible Kingdom

Gimmick might also mean fog of war and possibly warp tiles? I thought I saw both in the stream of Chapter 7.

A lot of us already knew the title of the third path back in June, we been thoroughly spoiled with a lot of story detail already.

We had basic summaries of events but no details.

WHAT available for DOWNLOAD let me just go and enter my credit card info right now

fgasldkfjs but i'm still on my hoshido run sobs

for some reason, it doesn't feel right to play the "happy" route if I haven't finished both the others yet ? ; m ;