How do you feel about how Odin's dressed?

The Roar

Odin's outfit is  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Odin's outfit is

Its pretty wonderful. I wish some more of the blokes were a little bit more scantily clad in places. Ill settle for the ubiquity of the Tiddy Window of many males in the game for the time being.

Its pretty wonderful. I wish some more of the blokes were a little bit more scantily clad in places. Ill settle for the ubiquity of the Tiddy Window of many males in the game for the time being.

I like it.

It helps that he looks hot.

All these things.

Odin's supposed to be a dramatic and charismatic guy, so I like how they gave him this in-your-face costume.

Also he is hot

Odin's smoking hot, so it's perfectly fine with me. ;)

Ehehehe...

But he issss so hot. XD I think we need more scantily clad men. But I don't have a problem with most fanservice, unless it gets ridiculous, and this game has a fair amount of females that go across the spectrum from normally clothed to Charlotte(I think that's her name-the blonde one with boobs). So it's not too bad.

I like him. He's awesome. His outfit doesn't change a thing for me (other than he's even more attractive)

I seriously thought that Nyx and Ophelia's designs would spark more controversy than the male counterpart of a sorcerer.

I don't mind sexual appeal here, it's the aesthetic appeal. It's the same for Camilla. I feel like they're using sexual appeal as a replacement for aesthetic appeal. I don't know. Maybe some people do think it looks cool, and it's just my personal taste in the way. But I don't see what's so great about weirdly placed grey tights.

It also bugs me to no end that Odin can't sword fight. Owain was all about his twitching Sword Hand and legendary Missiletain in Awakening...

Why would he ever give that up?

Edited by Zachmac

I don't mind sexual appeal here, it's the aesthetic appeal. It's the same for Camilla. I feel like they're using sexual appeal as a replacement for aesthetic appeal. I don't know. Maybe some people do think it looks cool, and it's just my personal taste in the way. But I don't see what's so great about weirdly placed grey tights.

It also bugs me to no end that Odin can't sword fight. Owain was all about his twitching Sword Hand and legendary Missiletain in Awakening...

Why would he ever give that up?

Pretty sure his secondary class is Samurai... So he can still swordfight if you really want. Just from a game design perspective I suppose they figured that his base class ought to be something in Nohr... And poweful magic doesn't seem too far off for Owain/Odin considering his mother.

As for the outfit... I think it just looks silly and impractical for male and female Dark Mages. The battle thong and bdsm wear of the Fighter class seems equally ludicrous to me. I get trying to go for a Barbarian-esque aesthetic but it kinda kills my desire to reclass Mamui into a Fighter. Besides, Oni classes look WAY more badass. I disliked the Awakening Fighter/Dark Mage designs... And somehow they made them worse. >.<

Muscle or Visual/Sexual appeal is fine. I think you can achieve that with better/more pratical designs than we got though. :\

But he issss so hot. XD I think we need more scantily clad men. But I don't have a problem with most fanservice, unless it gets ridiculous, and this game has a fair amount of females that go across the spectrum from normally clothed to Charlotte(I think that's her name-the blonde one with boobs). So it's not too bad.

Agreed. I like Odin's design, but the yellow robes are really unattractive. I would have changed the color. Perhaps a dark blue?

Edited by Leif

Agreed. I like Odin's design, but the yellow robes are really unattractive. I would have changed the color. Perhaps a dark blue?

Hmm, I'm actually kinda partial to the yellow--wish it was a touch more gold, and then throw in some nice navy. I also wouldn't have minded a royal purple with a black/blue trim.

Honestly, body stockings like that look bad no matter who wears them. Of course I get the idea about using clothes to flaunt one's body but those stockings do the opposite by putting an ugly filer over otherwise perfectly fine skin. And as for the skin that is actually properly bare, I am really getting tired of that omnipresent V cut.

In short: It doesn't look cool or stylish (not even in a "trying to be cool but failing" way, which would certainly suit him), it definitely doesn't look hot, and it's just not pleasant to look at in general.

Edited by BrightBow

I really don't care about the class' looks, but him being class swapped. I'd have thrown three original characters instead of the Awakening kids an parents' reincarnations and, if fanservice so demanded it, split some awakening kids between the routes depending on their original class:

• Hoshido: Owain (Samurai/Priest), Brady (Priest/Cavalier), Cynthia (Pegasus/Knight), Noire (Bowoman/Dark Mage)
  • Nohr: Inigo (Mercenary/Samurai), Severa (Mercenary/Pegasus), Kjelle (Knight/Cavalier), Gerome (Wyvern/Priest)
  • Invisible (classes would come within the DLC): Yarne (Taguel/Barbarian), Laurent (Mage/Dark Mage), Nah (Manakete/Mage)
  • Lucina would still be an Amiibo/Card recruit.

I think these characters should come in DLC chapters free to get with the chosen route instead of appearing in game. Same for parents reincarnations.

Edited by paladin21

I really don't care about the class' looks, but him being class swapped. I'd have thrown three original characters instead of the Awakening kids an parents' reincarnations and, if fanservice so demanded it, split some awakening kids between the routes depending on their original class:

• Hoshido: Owain (Samurai/Priest), Brady (Priest/Cavalier), Cynthia (Pegasus/Knight), Noire (Bowoman/Dark Mage)
  • Nohr: Inigo (Mercenary/Samurai), Severa (Mercenary/Pegasus), Kjelle (Knight/Cavalier), Gerome (Wyvern/Priest)
  • Invisible (classes would come within the DLC): Yarne (Taguel/Barbarian), Laurent (Mage/Dark Mage), Nah (Manakete/Mage)
  • Lucina would still be an Amiibo/Card recruit.

I think these characters should come in DLC chapters free to get with the chosen route instead of appearing in game. Same for parents reincarnations.

They would need new names though.