Question about purchasing Invisible Kingdom

Kyvos

My plan is and always has been to buy the digital version from the eShop. I know that by doing that, you can make your choice at Chapter 6 instead of at purchase. I also know that the 3rd path is an option on that screen, at least if you've bought it. Information's been a bit on the vague side, so I was hoping for clarification:

Can you buy the digital version of the base game, then choose Invisible Kingdom at Chapter 6, instead of choosing Hoshido/Nohr and then buying Invisible Kingdom as DLC?

Any clarification is appreciated, but given the vagueness at the moment, I'd like to ask that you only give me an answer if you know for a fact that it's true. Rather than your interpretation of what you've heard, the ideal answer would be one that comes from someone who's actually given this a try.

The 'Invisible Kingdom' is considered as DLC therefore you must have chosen Hoshido or Nohr in order to puchase the third route.

The third scenario is available as a 2,000 DLC. As previously mentioned, all three scenarios of Fire Emblem Fates are said to have about the same amount of content as Fire Emblem Awakening.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/08/take-a-look-at-fire-emblem-fates-third-scenario-invisible-kingdom/#fWADEkWEh8i80lyQ.99
Two of the three scenarios are available in the two different Fire Emblem Fates versions while the third is only going to be available as DLC.
Unlike the Hoshido and Nohr campaigns, the Invisible campaign is only available digitally as DLC. To purchase it, you can select the “Pave a new future” option, which is the bottom-left option before loading a save file.

I have seen all of those. It's just that, based on wording and context, it seems to me that they could be talking about the physical versions of the game. I don't see how it is that the menu for choosing your path exists with all three options on it, but only two of those options are selectable when the third is available for purchase at the same price.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but that's why I was hoping someone with the digital version might have something to share.

No, it's not possible to choose the third path before choosing Nohr or Hoshido first, even in the digital version. The "Pave a new future" menu only opens up in the digital version after you've made your choice upon reaching chapter 6 for the first time. There's no way to download the third path without that menu, and until you've purchased and downloaded it it simply won't show up as one of the chapter 6 choices.

(Just to be clear, when I reached the choice point for the first time in my digital copy of the game the third route hadn't been released yet, and I haven't actually tried resetting my game to see if it would be any different now, but considering that there hasn't been a general version update for the game the base data of the digital version shouldn't be any different from before the 3rd path release.)

Edited by Icy Toast

The lack of an update would seem to imply you can't, then. Dang. Bit of a dick move, making the seemingly true path entirely DLC-exclusive.

Now I guess I actually have to choose which side to choose for the "what if" base purchase.

Its not a dick move. Youce specifically paid for one of the two routes. You have to pay separately for the 3rd path. But u cant do that unless u already have the game. Just like any other dlc, but its way bigger for a reasonable price.

It's simple. In order to be able to get to chapter 6 at all, you need to have the game. So you need to have either Hoshido or Nohr version first, be it digital or physical.

It's DLC,therefore, you must have a current game file saved and have played a little of the game for DLC to be available. It's like all DLC,just like in Awakening, you can't buy an extra character before you play the basic game for a while.

Those are all valid points if you're going physical. Obviously you can't get DLC if you don't have the base game.

But for the digital version, you don't actually buy the Hoshido or Nohr paths. You buy the base game, and get one path as free DLC. You can then buy the other two as paid DLC, just like you would with a physical copy. With that being the case, it seems a bit mean to lock out the most desirable of the three paths - for all intents and purposes the "true" path.

The choice at Chapter 6 is the original concept that they built the game up from. And it's what they've been advertising the most heavily out of any feature in the game. You get to make your own choice. I know my choice, and it's been confirmed a valid choice, but it's not available to me unless I pay extra. I mean, I plan on eventually getting all three, and it's not going to set me back by a lot in the meantime, but I can't help that it leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.