English Release

shane3x

• 2 months later...

I'm really hoping this gets that English version.

As a business student myself, I can definitely see WHY it hasn't been released here on a financial standpoint, which is why I firmly believe the Fire Emblem mobile game will be a Cipher game. Releasing a digital version of the game is much cheaper, and can help the company grow interest and gain information on the people who like the game.

Just my unimportant and random thoughts, though.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm new here. I found out about the existence of this TCG because of FE Heroes. What would it take for Nintendo to localize cipher in the Western market? For those of you who have been a fan of this TCG for a long time, what is your outlook on it? 

On 2/9/2017 at 1:16 PM, Oseous said:

Hello, I'm new here. I found out about the existence of this TCG because of FE Heroes. What would it take for Nintendo to localize cipher in the Western market? For those of you who have been a fan of this TCG for a long time, what is your outlook on it? 

Still no hope. It's gonna be eight sets soon, and no worldwide Cipher. Far as I see it, there won't be an international release. Fire Emblem is still a niche thing, and though I've seen a guy be really wanting to play the games of the characters he's rolled, not all normies are gonna be like that.

• 3 months later...

So I might be grasping at straws here but...

I know that Fire Emblem Fates had cipher DLC that was Japan-only and I'm not 100% sure but I think Awakening had the same

Shadows of Valentia on the other hand had the cipher DLC in the English versions of the game too, not just the Japan version.

Could this possibly be a sign that cipher might be translated into English, or at least a test from Nintendo to see if this sells well enough for them to make a profit from translating the cipher cards? Or did they just want players to have the option to more playable characters since the cast of characters is on the smaller side in Shadows of Valentia?

Well just to be safe I guess there's only one thing we can do...

EVERYONE, EMPTY YOUR WALLETS AND BUY THE CIPHER DLC!!!

If we show them that we want it then they will bring it to us! If we make it so the cipher DLC sells better than the game itself then they will have no choice but to bring it over! Some may tell you that this is impossible, like literally impossible. They will try to explain to you how DLC works and explain how the original game is required to buy the DLC, but their pointless blabbering will not shake us! We will stand strong and bring Cipher over by our own hand! We will show them all that what may seem impossible today is reality tomorrow! Now, WHO'S WITH ME!?!?

I have the feeling you're being facetious, but just in case...

The Cipher DLC in Fates is very different from the Cipher DLC that is on SoV. The Fates DLC was a download code that was included as part of a Cipher purchase (either booster box or ST Deck) and not actually available normally, whereas the SoV Cipher DLC is Cipher-themed but still simply bought within the game like any other DLC.

There's really no correlation between how well the Cipher DLC does and how well the Cipher game itself would do internationally since the DLC is simply new characters for SoV and has absolutely nothing to do with the card game itself. The mascots themselves are even a very small part of Cipher as a whole.

• 3 months later...

Well, there is a decent point. We did get the Cipher DLC for SoV, which means they're testing the waters. Seeing hiw we react to these new characters. And the fact we got them in the English game says something. Idk tho. Maybe its not meant to be. But if its not, I still got some JP starter decks and use translations to play.