• Lowen
    • Rebecca
    • Sain
    • Florina
    • Raven
    • Canas
    • Other
  2. 2. When does the last mine get used?

• Chapter 26: Unfulfilled Heart (to get that Uber Spear!)
    • Chapter 28x: Night of Farewells (to help deal with all the general treasure getting madness)
    • Chapter 32: Victory or Death (we need all the help we can with this one!)
    • None! With sufficient skill and tactical genius (read: appropriate usage of the Silver Card and Hammerne Staff), we can eliminate the need for the last mine entirely!
  3. 3. What should the excess of funds in Chapter 9 of Lyn Mode be used for?

• Promote Sain!
    • Angelic Robe Florina!
    • Energy Ring Florina!

So, as it turns out, FionordeQuester was completely correct about that trying to be a perfectionist with this game doesn't work, since there is (almost) always something to improve upon. In particular, I found a way to clear Chapter 1 of LHM in 3 turns (instead of 4) while keeping Sain and Kent's EXP low enough to still clear Chapter 2 with all 5 stars. Most impressively, the strat requires no RN burns! (and only 2 in the prologue to get a particular level up.

I'm still not sure if I'm restarting yet, but this combined with possibility of shaving a turn of Chapter 12 might just force me to do it...

Edited by ruadath

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why you'd want to restart for turncounts, they aren't important for the goal of this run anyway (aside from the turncount ranking itself, obv). If you want to record everything, just leave the strats unchanged imo to prevent differences between runs from messing up strats that work already.

EDIT: It can also get tedious to follow if you continuously make unnecessary changes, but I think that was pointed out already.

Edited by Gradivus.

True, true... but I think turncount improvements is something that is worth going for in the context of this run, so I might as well give it a try (and it's not like the LHM strategies are particularly hard to develop). Besides that there are a couple of useful changes that can be made in this run:

- Thanks to Kent staying at a lower level, it is possible to feed Sain an extra kill in Chapter 3; it seems a little farfetched, but this might translate into gaining an extra level with Sain later on, or saving an extra turn with Nils leveling.

- Perhaps it might be a better idea to try and avoid giving Erk any EXP (or perhaps just kills) so that he doesn't end up gaining a poor level in Chapter 14 like he did in the previous run.

- I am again questioning whether or not it was the correct decision to promote Sain. Angelic Robe!Florina could make some things significantly easier in later chapters (or even as early as Whereabouts Unknown, where she can take some archer hits). Sain also doesn't necessarily need the promotion in order to 10 turn the same chapter (Whereabouts Unknown), although it might make the boss kills more difficult to do without a crit if I need to rely on Marcus and Lowen. I can then promote Sain as early as New Resolve (if necessary) by purchasing enough stuff, and I get another Knight Crest for Lowen from Eubans in the following Chapter (if I even need it by then)...

but that can be figured out later. Furthermore there are a couple more restrictions with regards to the Mine Glitch that I would like to impose on Chapter 13.

- No using weapons acquired from the Mine Glitch. I've been using Steel Lance!Oswin to make my life easier by one shotting mages, but perhaps this constitutes an unfair usage of the Mine Glitch (since it really is only for funds rank purposes)

- It could perhaps be considered unfair to make the enemies attack my units in a manner different from the way they usually would. I'm still undecided on this for now.

Edited by ruadath

I skimmed through and didn't see it... why does Wil need the kill?

That's because I replaced the video! It's preferable to give the kill to Wil over Kent since Kent gets used more later. Also, this ensures Wil gets a level in Chapter 10, which means he'll definitely be level 3 by Chapter 16 (the extra Str/Def proc helps him out a little bit there).

• 1 month later...

Once I get back to this (likely soon after I finish FE11), I anticipate redoing Chapter 3 in order to give Florina more EXP; there is a possibility that I might look for a 2 turn clear of Chapter 5.

If I manage to accomplish this, it would in fact beat the turncount that Vykan12 obtained in his TAS of LHM with Max Stars!

I believe he has something like:

Prologue: 4 turns

Chapter 1: 3 turns

Chapter 2: 4 turns

Chapter 3: 3 turns

Chapter 4: 8 turns

Chapter 5: 3 turns

Chapter 6: 2 turns?

From here on out, he's beating me, because he's not raising Nils to level 7. I also don't remember the turn counts exactly...

Chapter 7: 2 or 3 turns

Chapter 7x: 5 turns

Chapter 8: 2 or 3 turns

Chapter 9: 2 or 3 turns

Chapter 10: 5 turns

• 1 year later...

FWIW I have recently done some rerouting of Lyn Mode with the new strats (including the Erk crit kill chapter 5 hype) through chapter 6, but before I post anything I need to figure out if I can still get Chapter 7 done in 3 turns without Javelins (otherwise the turn save doesn't matter). Actually, I was confused, I 6-turn Chapter 7, but I still need to reroute without the Javelin.

Videos may be up soon, but I want to figure out some optimization stuff before I post (e.g. I can EXP starve Florina even more than normal, but I'm not sure I want to).

Edited by ruadath