Favorite MCs to use that aren't Inigo and Marth

Tuvillo

I've been testing Lissa, which is working great. Her 3-cost card is really good, but is too easy to clear off the board, so I figured it's worth trying as MC. Maribelle gives her 80 ATK during your own turn, which is really really good.

My favorite one so far has been Henry. He sports an impressive 50 Attack, Range 2, and forces both players to discard 1 card whenever you Class Change someone, but that's obviously not where it's at. At the cost of tapping Henry and flipping 1 Bond, you make a +3! You add one of your Orbs to your hand AND the enemy discards 2 cards. This interaction seems enough of a reason to try this out, really.

What else has everyone been trying to get to work?

When teaching people who are using Awakening Starter deck, I tend to force them to try using Sully or Stahl because they're synchronization is stupid good.

In my mix deck I like using Cordelia or Masked Lucina as the MC. Forcing Cordelia to have javelins with Galeforce makes her quite a force to be reckoned with. Add in Olivia for a third attack and it gets a little crazy..

I'm currently in the process of trying out another mix deck focused on some weird idea I have in my head. But the MC might end up being Draug in that as his defense power should prove useful against high aggro decks.

My friend and I have been trying some more unorthodox deck builds. The most notable MCs have been Ogma, Robin, and Lena. Ogma works great in the early game since the cost 1 card gets an attack buff for both turns as long as you have two low cost units in play alongside him. Lena was a bit harder to get to work, but I paired that deck with a Draug as the main secondary unit for defense and a Camus for offense with plenty of Tiki cards for extra bond placement when Tiki appears in the Support Area. Robin works well especially if you get her moved to the back lines where she can pick people off without too much harm.

Wouldn't Maria be better than Lena though, since their Level 1s are identical?

I dislike the Marth metagame simply because rogue strategies like this don't work at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

When teaching people who are using Awakening Starter deck, I tend to force them to try using Sully or Stahl because they're synchronization is stupid good.

In my mix deck I like using Cordelia or Masked Lucina as the MC. Forcing Cordelia to have javelins with Galeforce makes her quite a force to be reckoned with. Add in Olivia for a third attack and it gets a little crazy..

I'm currently in the process of trying out another mix deck focused on some weird idea I have in my head. But the MC might end up being Draug in that as his defense power should prove useful against high aggro decks.

+1, masked lucina is pretty good, I play her in marth decks with navarre shiida and ogma and it works pretty well

Edited by daniel237157