English Name Predictions

Hoshidokoala

I'm 99.99% sure they're going to change Kamui's name at the least, lmao. To what, I'm not sure-- has it ever been confirmed that Corrin is the "canon" name for the Avatar?

Corrin was the name they used for the Treehouse demos and the IGN one, so I assume yes. However, it might be like in Pokemon where the main characters had fixed placeholder names in the demos and early publications (they called the male protagonist of B&W Blair, for one). Pretty sure they changed it to Corrin, though, but I'm still holding out hope that it's actually still Kamui.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pronounce 'Cher' as 'Sher' (like the singer) and 'che' as 'shey' although sometimes I pronounce 'Cher' like 'Sure', lol. Panne was always pan for me, reminded me of the flute which then reminded me of the Greek god Pan. (Plus that's how the name of the fabric that she's named after is pronounced anyhow)

In any case when I first saw Tsubaki's name change my mind immediately went to Tsukuyomi being changed to Sukuyomi (lol) even though it'll most likely be something like Kuyomi or Sukuyo. (don't ask me why I thought of that last one)

I can see Velour becoming Velvet instead though if it stays the same I won't have a problem with it and I like Flannel's name (I pronounce it a bit differently to make it sound more like a name but I have no idea how to write out my pronunciation accurately). The only one of the shape-shifters that I see possibly having some sort of name change is Nishiki (which I pronounce more or less like Neesh-kee but with a very short ee in the middle) simply because I can see people mispronouncing this name as Nee-Shee-Kee or something like that.

(I still feel silly for reading out Benoit as Ben-oyt instead of giving the 'oit' a 'wah' sound)

I really hope that they don't do the same thing they did with Tsubaki and take the T out of names like Tsukuyomi because in portuguese Tsubaki and Subaki sound diferent because we pronounce the T in the beginning. I'm half expecticting Flannel to be changed Denim honestly. I just hope the names sound good unlike Subaki because it just sound like a very weak name compared to Tsubaki but that's probably because I pronounce the names in a very diferent way most english speaking fans do. For example Panne is Pa-ne (the e is almost inaudible), Benoit Bé-noee (like it's french) and Nishiki is Nee-shee-kee because it's the way it sounds right. Tsubaki to Subaki pisses a lot people off because it was an unnecessary change, it pisses me off because it sounds very diferent and if they changed Tsukuyomi to Sukuyomi it would sound so much worse.

I really hope that they don't do the same thing they did with Tsubaki and take the T out of names like Tsukuyomi because in portuguese Tsubaki and Subaki sound diferent because we pronounce the T in the beginning. I'm half expecticting Flannel to be changed Denim honestly. I just hope the names sound good unlike Subaki because it just sound like a very weak name compared to Tsubaki but that's probably because I pronounce the names in a very diferent way most english speaking fans do. For example Panne is Pa-ne (the e is almost inaudible), Benoit Bé-noee (like it's french) and Nishiki is Nee-shee-kee because it's the way it sounds right. Tsubaki to Subaki pisses a lot people off because it was an unnecessary change, it pisses me off because it sounds very diferent and if they changed Tsukuyomi to Sukuyomi it would sound so much worse.

In Japanese, short i's and u's tend to be inaudible compared to ii and uu.