18Luxpain

Hi, sorry to bother whoever is reading this, but I had a quick question about the IFYN condition. I've been working on a little project the past few days for my own enjoyment, and I wanted to do something like the creator(s) of Elibian Nights did with their story select; however, every time I try to create a code to do the same thing the game goes back to the opening when I try to talk to a character. I've sifted through Arch's tutorial and the Ultimate Guide, but I seem to be struck with stupidity and cant get the condition to work, or even the Yes/No option to pop up. Ive pasted the relevant code below, if anyone could take a little bit of time to tell me what I messed up on I would be grateful!

(In FEditor Adv)

[OpenMidRight]
[LoadFace][0xFF][0x01]
Are you awake?[Yes][X]

(In my code)

Veronica:
TEX1 0x0814
IFYN 0x01
MNCH 0x01
ENDA
ELSE 0x02
ENIF 0x01
ENDA

Edited by Ghatsu!

Veronica:
TEX1 0x0814
IFYN 0x01
MNCH 0x01
ELSE 0x02
ENIF 0x01
//Whatever happens if you say no
ENIF 0x02
ENDA

The first ENDA is probably causing problems, as in this case, it shouldn't be there (only at the end).

Veronica:
TEX1 0x0814
IFYN 0x01
MNCH 0x01
ELSE 0x02
ENIF 0x01
//Whatever happens if you say no
ENIF 0x02
ENDA

The first ENDA is probably causing problems, as in this case, it shouldn't be there (only at the end).

I did as you suggested, but I am still getting sent back to the opening credits whenever I try to talk to the character. Do I need to put something inbetween ENIF 0x01 & 0x02? I tried putting a REMA after ENIF 0x01, but that didnt work either.

(New code)

Veronica:

TEX1 0x0813

IFYN 0x01

MNCH 0x01

ELSE 0x02

ENIF 0x01

ENIF 0x02

ENDA

Oh right, I should of asked earlier. Is Veronica a defined macro in your definitions? If so, then you need to change Veronica to "VeronicaTalk" or something that's not defined.

EDIT

Do I need to put something inbetween ENIF 0x01 & 0x02?

Only if you want something to happen. If you don't want anything to only happen if you answer no, then you don't need ELSE 0x02 and ENIF 0x02.

Edited by Aura Wolf

(In FEditor Adv)

[OpenMidRight]

[LoadFace][0xFF][0x01]

Are you awake?[Yes][X]

Maybe it's messing up there. Are you sure you have a portrait in that index?

If you're trying to load the active unit's portrait like a village, then use [LoadFace][0xFF][0xFF].

Maybe it's messing up there. Are you sure you have a portrait in that index?

If you're trying to load the active unit's portrait like a village, then use [LoadFace][0xFF][0xFF].

...I cant believe I didnt think of that... I changed the portrait to one that actually exists and it worked like a charm! Thanks so much for helping me!!!