Would you enjoy a new Fire Emblem anime? FE Anime Discussion~

Uchu~

New Fire Emblem anime  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a new Fire Emblem anime?

• Yes, it would be totally amazing!
    • No, it would just be another failure and take time out of Nintendo's work on Video Games
    • Yes, if they do it right

The Fire Emblem series had an anime a while back like in 1997. It was based off of Mystery of the Emblem and wasn't very popular, having only two episodes in the English dub. I think it would be amazing if they made a Fire Emblem anime in the style they do the cutscenes in the games. This one would probably be a lot more successful than the past one in my opinion. I can see how Nintendo would want to avoid that thinking that it would be the same failure as the 1997 one. Fire Emblem is the perfect series for an anime I think, it already has amazing cutscenes so just make a lot more of those and form it into a story and bam, theres your Fire Emblem anime. I would also prefer more than 2 episodes this time and an actual decent story, but I'll take about anything xD. So would you like to see a new Fire Emblem anime in the future? What are some of your ideas for a story for it?

I'd love that! I think it should be based off of various games in the series and have the lords meet up via the Outrealm Gate. That'd make for some really interesting storylines for the episodes. :)

I'd also enjoy seeing some of my favorite pairings too, of course, but I wouldn't want other people's pairing preferences to be stomped on, so I also wouldn't mind seeing that stuff left out, except for 100% canon stuff like Marth x Caeda, Sigurd x Dierdre, Pent x Louise, etc. Basically couples that already married in-game.

Yes, but only if it pairs Ike and Soren.

Because fork royalty, Ike has a best friend in Soren. Or they can not use Tellius, and have a FE2 anime. That'd be awesome.

It really depends on how the quality is, but I'll probably end up enjoying it regardless unless it's really that terrible, especially considering I enjoyed the old Kirby cartoon and my extremely low standards for something to be considered remotely bad.

It could be done in a way so that each season could feature one game, or it could feature an entirely new plot, take place in a new realm, and feature new characters in a FE-esque style. I won't mid either, but the only thing I would be scared about if they would choose to do the actual games themselves is how they handle pairings, especially in FE4 and FEA considering marriage is a game mechanic. I don't want to deal with raging fangirls complaining about how THEIR ship is considered non-canon, and that the horrible, horrible "CANON" ship is completely awful and that Guy A is to good for Girl B and that Girl B is a insensible jerk that broke Girl C's heart and that Girl B should go die in a fire or whatever. Also because they might have to confirm a gender for any of the MUs, and I hate it when that happens.

I'd love that! I think it should be based off of various games in the series and have the lords meet up via the Outrealm Gate. That'd make for some really interesting storylines for the episodes. :)

I'd also enjoy seeing some of my favorite pairings too, of course, but I wouldn't want other people's pairing preferences to be stomped on, so I also wouldn't mind seeing that stuff left out, except for 100% canon stuff like Marth x Caeda, Sigurd x Dierdre, Pent x Louise, etc. Basically couples that already married in-game.

Holy shit! That would be amazing! I would definitely watch that if it had a story relative to that. Basing it off of one game is just not gonna work, however if they brought all the stories together somehow to defeat the enemy that is trying to take everyone over would be just awesome! Shoutout to Nintendo: MAKE IT NOW xD

Yes. I would really like to see this happen.

Is it bad I read the question as "Would you enjoy a new Fire Emblem Amie?"

xD Nintendo Direct: And we would also like to announce the newest game in the Fire Emblem series, Fire Emblem: Amie! All new game! Pet every character in the Fire Emblem series! Maybe even make a romance, you decide who you rub, you decide your fate!

I don't think they would do it, as Nintendo seems to have cut off ties with tv/movies after some less than stellar results (to put it mildly)... Anyway, I think it could be very good if done right.

I don't think they should go for a huge multiverse crossover with the outrealms though. Or at least not right away. They need to start with a cast and build them up, rather than messily introducing a huge cast and barely developing them at all. I'd imagine it'd be easier to get people hooked on a smaller cast at first; a cast that keeps them coming back every week to watch. Just because I, and probably most people on this forum, know a lot of FE characters and their personalities, doesn't mean they should throw the whole board while trying to get viewers.

Anyway, now that my rant is over, has anyone here seen Akatsuki no Yona/Yona of the Dawn? It's about a noble (a princess) whose father (the king) is killed in a political plot. She then flees the castle with her Jeigan bodyguard. Then they go on an adventure to recruit new allies and reclaim the kingdom. It may not be Fire Emblem in name, but it's the closest thing to a good/longer FE anime that I know of. If you're interested in an FE anime, you should give it a shot.

Yes, but only if it pairs Ike and Soren.

Because fork royalty, Ike has a best friend in Soren. Or they can not use Tellius, and have a FE2 anime. That'd be awesome.

I've felt for years FE2 actually had the best potential to make a good anime adaptation.

I'd like to see them go through the story of each lord. Maybe like Pokemon Adventures and how they handle the main protagonists. Maybe a manga instead?

xD Nintendo Direct: And we would also like to announce the newest game in the Fire Emblem series, Fire Emblem: Amie! All new game! Pet every character in the Fire Emblem series! Maybe even make a romance, you decide who you rub, you decide your fate!

I read that in Iwata's voice.

I'd like to see them go through the story of each lord. Maybe like Pokemon Adventures and how they handle the main protagonists. Maybe a manga instead? I read that in Iwata's voice.

Omg you read it in Iwata's voice?? xD We would like to give the latest Nintendo news Die rect ly to you! I hope you enjoy this next trailer. *bows then Fire Emblem Amie plays*

But yeah maybe a Manga would be more suited for it first. They probably shouldnt jump out with a huge anime, and start out with a little Manga then adapt it into an anime if its successful.

I would watch it if it was like...the Radiant series or something. But with the direction that FE is going (Awakening, Fates, SMTxFE), it probably wouldn't be a type of series that I'd like. Don't get me wrong, If is my top favorite atm but I'm not big into the otaku pandering thing and MUs would be handled weirdly (see: anime series based off otome games).

I'd like a 50 episode anime of Genealogy of the Holy War with an OVA style movie about Thracia 776. 25 episodes for gen 1, 25 for gen 2.

I think you'd have to severely prune the Thracia subplots to make a successful OVA out of it. Ditch the Dandelion Gang or Olwen's arc or Linoan's arc or even two of the three. The manga I own starts off pretty faithful to the game and then cuts through all the subplots with a knife in the third volume and it just feels bizarre.

A couple of the manga series worked relatively well. I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of Osawa's FE4 manga. Awakening would probably work too, mostly because it's animoo enough already.

I think you'd have to severely prune the Thracia subplots to make a successful OVA out of it. Ditch the Dandelion Gang or Olwen's arc or Linoan's arc or even two of the three. The manga I own starts off pretty faithful to the game and then cuts through all the subplots with a knife in the third volume and it just feels bizarre.

I was thinking something more like a drastic change such as ending the movie when Leif and his army is defeated at Leonsters and Dorias is killed while everything that comes after it is moved to before this event. Like the chapters leading up Leonster's recapture and another defeat are rather dry when it comes to plot events. The only thing that happens is Sara is recruited and the rest is more character development rather than plot progression. So Veld and Raydrick would be at Leonster instead of some random nobody that we didn't know about before.

And the movie would be 2 hours long at least.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Anyway, now that my rant is over, has anyone here seen Akatsuki no Yona/Yona of the Dawn? It's about a noble (a princess) whose father (the king) is killed in a political plot. She then flees the castle with her Jeigan bodyguard. Then they go on an adventure to recruit new allies and reclaim the kingdom. It may not be Fire Emblem in name, but it's the closest thing to a good/longer FE anime that I know of. If you're interested in an FE anime, you should give it a shot.

Another anime that reminded me of Fire Emblem is Arslan Senki (Akatsuki no Yona was a bit too shoujo for me at times, and the pacing was a bit weird from what i have seen), however I have not seen the whole thing yet. The episodes I did watch looked really nice though, I'd say it is fairly dark and definitely a serious show, has some really nice combat and war scenes as well.

As much as I'd like a Fire Emblem anime I think the cast of most (if not all) games is simply too large to fit into a reasonable scheme, as it could get rather confusing. However something like that is not impossible, as seen with Game of Thrones, which handles multiple subplots and a lot of different characters really well. LiveactionFEmoviewhosiready