How to Train your Mozume?

Jayvee94

I have seen playthroughs which either uses her or bench her.

Players tend to guard stance her and it takes too many turns for her to score a kill. I saw a few who uses attack stance and she score kills faster.

I ended up having to bench her, unfortunately. I think it's not that difficult if you're really determined to use her; the Rainbow Sage map (in Nohr, anyway; this map comes up way too late in the other two routes) has enemies who don't move unless you enter their room and will return if you leave, so you can wait for enemies to hit you, run, rinse and repeat. The problem here is that you have to train her as early as possible, since once you reach the point where you can't damage the enemies at all, there's nothing you can do.

If you're playing Hoshido or Invisible, just have castle battles with weaker teams.

I ended up having to bench her, unfortunately. I think it's not that difficult if you're really determined to use her; the Rainbow Sage map (in Nohr, anyway; this map comes up way too late in the other two routes) has enemies who don't move unless you enter their room and will return if you leave, so you can wait for we enemies to hit you, run, rinse and repeat. The problem here is that you have to train her as early as possible, since once you reach the point where you can't damage the enemies at all, there's nothing you can do.

If you're playing Hoshido or Invisible, just have castle battles with weaker teams.

Yes, I tend to use my Ests as soon as I get them. I like my units get a lot of experience.

you need to play a bit strategically. Like donnel, its really a good idea to invest on a forge for her, first, though i don't recall if you can get it ASAP.

make sure to use a Kunai or Shuriken to weaken your foes both in raw HP and Defense for Mozume to hit. Make sure to have someone that is strong as Mozume's Attack Stance partner, for ex Effie. and of course, pick your targets well. Though do remember to have someone who she could pair-up for a speed boost, as Mozume double-attacking could end up stronger than what her attack partner would do

if you are doing a grindless Hoshido, oboro's Defense seal is awesome to help mozume.

People tend to forget about it but tonics exists. Speed tonic and Strength tonic are good for her.

For people wondering if Mozume is worth it, here is a good answer. Mozume is the only character in the game with the Villager class(with Bowman). Unlike the previous game, the villager is allowed access to two promotion classes(Weapon Master and Great Merchant) with very powerful skills. These two skills are Line of Death and Extravagance. When combined, for one gold coin, you can do an extra 20 damage per strike in one battle. When you combine this effect with Holy Bowman who uses the S rank Bow, Mozume OHKO almost everything in the game or even in PvP. Not only that, but whoever is married to her has access to Villager and their child does too.

Edited by Psyruby

Speaking of Extravagance, how do you trigger it? Is there a command that lets you use the Gold Coins, or does it automatically trigger until you run out, or is it some other mechanism? I assume that its one golden coin per battle?

Moreover, are you confident that Villager inherits to the kid? (I don't have the game, so if anyone can confirm from personal experience, that would be great).

Speaking of Extravagance again, the -10 damage reduction it gives would cancel out the +10 damage received from Line of Death.

And which Kid do you think benefits most from Mozume parentage?

It's actually pretty easy to train her, even in Lunatic for a few reasons. Firstly her Paralogue is extremely tame (you can bait very generic enemies, 1 range, no skills, 1 at a time) so you can trivially feed her almost the whole map, getting her to level 5ish. Also, you can Attack stance for her to get those kills.

Also, your stronger characters like Corrin get like 4 exp for those same kills, so there's exp waste arguments. >_>

On the other hand, her stats are really not that amazing. In particular her Hp is really low, even if her Def is decent, so she needs Hp tonic/boosters to be that viable maingame/no grind.

She makes a decent Dread Fighter (most people do). Was already fighting, not babied, by Chapter 8. I also used her as a Weapon Master in Nohr Hard (was a little less useful).

Another thing mozume has going for her is that she is on all routes, which means besides from being in all routes, she also has acess to more classes and skills on the third route, or from buying skills, because she can marry every non Kaimuisexual male to get classes trough marriage sealing.

Even if you do her paralogue in Nohr as soon as it appears, you can pair her with Harold to do 2-4 damage to each faceless. I'd hit them with Effie, knock them to about 3 HP, then let her finish them off. You really only need to feed her five or six levels, because then she'll easily have caught up to the point where she can damage enemies without babying them. Then, if you want, you can feed her a Parallel Seal and have a much easier time training her with her 2 range as a bowman.

Overall she is like Donnel in that she needs to be babied for a little while but her massive growths allow her to catch up. Unlike Donnel, she actually has a promotion that uses lances and her caps aren't worse than the rest of the cast.

It's fairly easy: Weaken an ennemy, and let Mozume finish him off, preferably with Kamui adjacent to her to be sure the ennemy die;

It's not as hard as it sounds, like I said, it's actually easy..

Edited by B.Leu

For people wondering if Mozume is worth it, here is a good answer. Mozume is the only character in the game with the Villager class(with Bowman). Unlike the previous game, the villager is allowed access to two promotion classes(Weapon Master and Great Merchant) with very powerful skills. These two skills are Line of Death and Extravagance. When combined, for one gold coin, you can do an extra 20 damage per strike in one battle. When you combine this effect with Holy Bowman who uses the S rank Bow, Mozume OHKO almost everything in the game or even in PvP. Not only that, but whoever is married to her has access to Villager and their child does too.

While I don't know about whoever her child is (inheriting Villager would clearly be the superior scenario), she would pass her Bowman class via Marriage and Buddy seals.

Well, I'm happy to see that Mozume is not too hard to train. Donnel was kinda a pain in the... Although, I like this kind of unit.

Edited by Nym

Does she give Bowman, then?

Yes, she gives the bowman class to her child instead IIRC.

Also, Mozume is more valuable unit in Conquest route than the Birthright route, the reason being is that since you don't really have a lot of access to bow users in the Nohr route and you'll be facing a lot of pegasus knights, getting someone who can use bows is incredibly useful and Mozume is one of the few characters that can reclass into a class that can use bows (which is the Holy Bowman class). This, combined with the skills from her other classes with Easy Life, Extravagance, Strength Seal, Line of Death, Raven Strike, and Bowfaire makes her a deadly archer (with Takumi as the only bowman that completely outclasses her due to his OP special bow he has).

However, she's very difficult to train in the Conquest route and require a lot of kill stealing and investment to train her up since you have very limited opportunities to train her. In fact, I find it more difficult to train Mozume than say Donnell in Awakening since at least with Awakening, the game is very forgiving by having skirmishes and the EXP DLC map to help train Donnell (and the EXP map is how I trained Donnell into a late game monster). And even if Fates throw in DLC maps, it's very likely that they'll disable any form of EXP gain in the Conquest route to avoid any exploitation or abuse or have the EXP grind map exclusive for the Hoshido. However, I will say it's worth it to train Mozume since she's going to be very deadly if you train her correctly.