Male Avatar marriage

Marriage Choice  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who should I marry?

I'm currently on my 4th playthrough and am undecided on who to marry between Lucina, Say'ri or Tiki. I know none of them give you an additional child, but I would still like marrying one of them. How does each of them do as Morgan's mother? Any specific asset/flaw depending on who you marry? How would Morgan turn out? Things to pass down? There's a poll, so vote on whoever you've had the most experience. Playing on hard-classic.

Lucina - depends on her mom

Say'ri - Can give Morgan Galeforce/Lancefaire, if you're so inclined. Her modifiers are meh, though.

Tiki - Her mods suit a magical Morgan better, IMO. She doesn't pass down anything special, though.

I'd go backwards - figure out what you want from Morgan, then use that to determine who's the best mom. From there, you can craft modifiers.

Lucina's pretty much the best partner for the avatar and parent for Morgan in the entire game. She passes down Aether and 2nd gen mods (which can be amazing if Chrom married Sumia), and thanks to DS+ she and the avatar will make a really great team too. It doesn't matter who her mother is or what avatar's asset and flaw are, she's by far the best of those options. Say'ri is a first gen mother without the benefit of a second avatar child, and Tiki is just flat out the worst mother in the game.

Lucina - depends on her mom

Say'ri - Can give Morgan Galeforce/Lancefaire, if you're so inclined. Her modifiers are meh, though.

Tiki - Her mods suit a magical Morgan better, IMO. She doesn't pass down anything special, though.

I'd go backwards - figure out what you want from Morgan, then use that to determine who's the best mom. From there, you can craft modifiers.

I usually tend to have Olivia as Lucina's mother. On the point of figuring of what I want from Morgan, I'm planning on going for manakete if I marry Tiki and give her some more offensive skills (Luna etc.). With Say'ri I would be going Swordmaster, probably going for something like Sol/Luna/Swordfaire and 2 more. Not sure what I would do with Lucina!Morgan.

Flavia passes better mods (1/-1/2/1 Str/Mag/Skl/Spd as opposed to 0/-1/0/1 Str/Mag/Skl/Spd- both terrible but Flavia slightly better), no perma-weakness, and has a better class selection for supporting/leading Avatar than Tiki does. So yeah, I'd say she's a better wife/mother than Tiki.

Flavia passes better mods (1/-1/2/1 Str/Mag/Skl/Spd as opposed to 0/-1/0/1 Str/Mag/Skl/Spd- both terrible but Flavia slightly better), no perma-weakness, and has a better class selection for supporting/leading Avatar than Tiki does. So yeah, I'd say she's a better wife/mother than Tiki.

Well... I'd honestly say that is quite the underwhelming win mod wise... ya ask me, no supposedly better wife or mother would make me wait about a half dozen chapters for THAT. I'm only sold on the classes part - and that ain't enough for me.

Tiki comes in a Paralogue unlocked after Cht.18, and it's hard enough that you might not be able to do it right off the bat (depending on team composition). There's a decent chance you wouldn't be able to hit S rank with her within normal gameplay, so I wouldn't exactly count availability as a strong point (though yes, she does come a lot earlier than Flavia)...

Since both of them have bad enough availability that Morgan will be nonexistent/borderline useless, I consider their availabilities roughly equal in practicality.

Tiki worst mom stat-wise, but me ships take too much priority

Tiki outclasses Flavia easily tho, since she gives Morgan access to the Manakete class. Get whatever skills you need through grinding and DLC, reclass back to Manakete, give her a dragonstone+, and you have effectively made a some how more ridiculosly broken Morgan

It is an unoptimal pair for no grind tho, I admit that, but she starts so powerful(202 starting rating in my latest run) she's instantly useful. Lucy would be better stat and skill wise due to Aether, but inheriting the Manakete class is also a very useful bonus.

• 1 month later...

Lucina can pass on the mods of a Second Generation child AND the Aether skill, though the +1 all stat modification applied to Second Gen children will not apply to Morgan here.

Out of Lucina's two best mothers, Sumia and Olivia, Sumia is, of course, the better option as it gives Lucina higher Speed/Skill mods to pass on.

A magic oriented Avatar will pass on more Speed, but a Strength oriented Avatar passes on enough Defense to keep Morgan from being too squishy. You shouldn't need to worry about needing a Speed/Skill asset to make the best Morgan, as Lucina passes on more than enough Speed and Skill. Just make sure the flaw stat isn't lowering Speed or Skill, so HP or Luck are perhaps recommended.

Tiki offers less offensive stat mods compared to Nowi, but these mods are otherwise not very extreme. The Avatar may want to have a Strength or Speed asset, as a Strength asset will make Morgan a bulkier and stronger Manakete, and Speed will make Morgan much harder to double as a Manakete. Of course, such does not matter if you do not intent to leave Morgan as a Manakete. What I don't like about this Manakete Morgan is that it isn't A) a child of Nowi, which means Nah is not being supported by the Avatar's abilities, and B) Not a child of Nah, so the stats being modified are not of the extreme that Second Gen children experience.

To avoid lowering either Skill or Speed, a HP or Luck flaw is recommended. HP flaw will slightly lower Morgan's bulkiness, but does not remove much of anything from Luck. Luck Flaw does not lower Morgan's defensive ability, but does slightly lower her luck.

Say'ri does not have very extreme stat mods, but because of such she does not cripple Morgan as much as other potential mothers could. Most of Morgan's modifications will be coming from the Avatar in this case, so once again Strength or Speed are recommended, Speed especially because Say'ri's stat mods make Morgan work best as a speedier class. Magic Flaw shouldn't cripple Morgan's speed mod too much, though if it really matters then HP or Luck flaw work too.