• FE14 nohr
    • FE14 hoshido
    • FE14 third path
  2. 2. Do you count modes that are meant to be hard

• Yes
    • No

Hardest fire emblem game just read the title you should understand

my list of what ive played.

FE4:Due to the fact that the maps are large for me atleast it only really took one time on each chapter to do really good at the game.

FE8:Not hard like at all because seth.

FE13:I have really no idea where to place it dlc makes it so easy but if youre on any lunitic mode than its way too hard.

FE7:If you play lyns path its not to hard.

FE6:Everey living thing that dosent help you dodges evereything not really easy.

Edited by kaldson0

FE7: Hard the first time I played it back as a kid but easier now. Still random stuff happens here and there and some recruitments are challenging.

FE8: Pretty easy. Option to grind, Seth is a powerhouse, World maps gives access to shops whenever (which I actually like)

FE9: Somewhere in the middle. Not very hard Ike is a powerhouse. Shinon's recruitment is a pain. Ashnard and BK are difficult especially on Hard.

FE10: Pretty hard. First part is brutal with what you're given initially. Eases up as you get better units. I don't like how hard removed enemy ranges being able to be viewed.

FE11: Somewhere in the middle like PoR.

FE13: Either the easiest or one of the hardest (at least for the first five chapters). Luna + is punishingly hard with random skills and such especially pre chapter 5 when you can't grind.

I haven't played FE5 Thracia 776 but I hear its the hardest with all its mechanics. Not for the faint of heart.

FE5 is the least beginner-friendly, FE13 Luna+ is the hardest, followed by probably FE12 H4. I think that's the common opinion, but opinions get more varied beyond that point.

Edited by Topazd

FE12 Lunatic is the most fair hardest difficulty,

FE13 L+ and 12H4 have some tinkering to do.

Meanwhile on the opposite side of the spectrum, easiest fe's are 9,8,4.

FE1 because it's the least beaten FE game (suck on that, FE12 Lunatic).

FE5 is definitely the hardest since there are maps that can literally screw you over into restarting the entire game if you are not careful, i.e. Ch 24x and Chapter 8x.

A strategy guide is a must to survive. Even then, staves can miss healing, status effects are permanent, enemies can capture your units and take their gear, limited funds, Saias and his leadership stars, no 100% guaranteed hit, stats capping off at 20, etc. I could go on for days.

From what I heard though, Nohr lunatic seems to have the potential to be the hardest FE game yet. I have to see first.

I'd say that FE5 is comparable to, or even harder than FE13 lunatic plus. Despite the fact that FE13 Lunatic + has crazy enemies with insane skills there are no warp staves, status staves, fatigue, status effects, or healing misses. Chrom, Robin, Morgan, Lucina, and some throw-away staff and pair-up fodder units are all you need to survive the majority of Lunatic +. Plus, there's Galeforce and Nosferatu-taking.

Edited by Leif

FE5.

I do not include increased difficulty modes because those are supposed to be hard.

In which case, you can say it becomes self-imposed.

Edited by Soledai

FE5 isn't that hard. Unless you're playing blind or are a beginner without those strategy guides. Thracia is VERY unforgiving if you screw up, and if you don't train staff users, heh, GOOD LUCK. If you have experience though it isn't too tough.

That said, Go FE12 H4. Besides the BS "screw you enemies attack first" it's by far the most fair hardest mode out there, besides FE11 H5 which is easier even disregarding the enemy attack first thing. I dunno much about FE13, but my impression is that L+ is only tough because enemies have a bunch of OP skills early on and you need to restart until you get lucky with those skills. Of course, it's my impression, I've no idea.

On lowest difficulty / for beginners:
FE5 and then 10

On highest difficulty:
FE12 (lunatic reverse) and then 13 (lunatic +)

FE8 is literally the easiest one in the series I think.

FE9 without maniac mode is even easier than 8, because magic users in 8 can seriously hurt you and Ephraim's route has some challenging chapters.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

From what I've played:

FE6: Meh on normal, unbalanced but not terrible on Hard.

FE7: Easy. I'd say it's even easier than SS.

FE8: Easy as well.

FE10: Actually somewhat difficult from my experience. Lots of fun, not that bad.

FE11: Somewhere in the middle, maybe a little closer to difficult side.

FE13: Incredibly easy.

I said Thracia was the hardest.

• 2 months later...

For me FE6 was the hardest. When I played through all the other Fire Emblem games through the first time I had difficulties yes but Fire Emblem Binding Blade was the hardest one for me, not including Lunatic mode on Awakening or anything.

• 2 months later...

I always heard FE5 was the hardest but when I played it I didn't find it altogether that hard. I still failed, a lot, but it's more because the game is cheap than actually difficult. And even then, the cheap things are surprisingly few and far between that won't screw you up that often. The game is strangely cheap and fair at the same time since it does give you a lot of good units and it makes a genuine effort to ensure every character is at least somewhat feasible. You just have to play Thracia smartly more so than most other games. Take some time to actually build some strategy instead of rushing in with your powr houses and things shouldn't be that tough. Hecotr Hard mode is probably the game that I had the most trouble with though I'm not exactly sure why. I just remember finishing that second Kishuna chapter with all the mages took absolutely hours to do.

• 2 months later...

I've got to say, FE6 (Thracia 776) was based on pure tactics and luck, whilst not entirely luck, it was my first FE game, and I sucked at it, and then beat it... er, yeah! :D

I've got to say, FE6 (Thracia 776) was based on pure tactics and luck, whilst not entirely luck, it was my first FE game, and I sucked at it, and then beat it... er, yeah! :D

How did Thracia end up being your first? It's not exactly readily available. It's also a pretty spoilerific midequal to another game. If someone recommended you to start with it before any other Fire Emblem then that's just evil.

• 1 month later...