Spritework by Bimugen

Bimugen

I'm a bit new but I have been working on my spritework since I have last been here. I really love character design and would love to become one for a big video game company one day, but for now I am hoping I can get a spot in helping out with a fan project around here.

Some of the work I have done:

0IojXqQ.png

nQ5T3Uu.png

If anyone has advice, requests or has criticism I am very open to that kinda stuff

Edit: Some more, still working on anti- aliasing

wmxkb5f.png

Edit: More sprites to add up: Love all the feedback I am getting : )

1Mm2OYr.png

YFGsQ9r.png

Edit: Set 4- The first two are more simple, the last one is a bit more stylish, and also my favorite of this set : )

b3Hfgpj.png

Set 5- I'm trying to work with the concept of Veils, similar to what Nyx has in the newest game

qdc8efC.png4GXLNrm.png

Set 6- This might seem weird but it was for a personal project: I took some of the bosses from Bern and made them look not like Promoted units (like Brunya is just a mage and Murdoc is just a knight etc)

Also ignore Gwen in this pic

MHcmEF6.png

Edited by Bimugen

Thought that name looked familiar. Your old thread is still here BTW if you wanted it. (Not that you have to... Just giving you the option if you couldn't locate it yourself.)

Old thread of same name.

Anyways... So yeah, in general your work looks pretty clean. Seem to have a fairly decent sense of colors and design. Some proportional issues to watch for and some over saturation with some of the colors... But hey, not too bad at all. :)

I quite like some of these designs actually... Have some decent personality... So keep it up, would love to see more work. :D

The blue haired girl's hair looks a little squishy to me, and the bald man's head looks weird to me.

I like the rest of them though, the man in the center is my favorite but I also like the lavender haired girl too (especially her hair I love what you did with her hair <3).

Edited by MidnightStar

oh my gaaaad these are really good!

a little you should focus on how the official sprites's hair meet the cheek/skin. Right now you just have hair and no anti-aliasing going on when it meets the skin in some of your mugs.

that will amp up the quality just by doing that.

my fav is darkskin-white hair girl and the bulky prince man

Hey, thanks for all the advice! I never really thought about anti-aliasing before (which I probably should have whoops lmao but better to start now than never)

I will be posting some more works later on and I will try to keep in mind all of your advice.

Just a tip and a filthy, shameful plug.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55397

Your splices are pretty decent, so working on getting the parts being a little more seamless and then you'll be good to go on making your splices a little bit more in depth and making them really unique.

I will be posting some more works later on and I will try to keep in mind all of your advice.

Just as a tip for getting better/more feedback, it helps if you only post a few (probably 5 at most) mugs at a time, so people can focus on really giving specific crit for them, otherwise, it's pretty time-consuming and overwhelming to thoroughly pick through an entire gallery of stuff.

damn, you're already improving greatly! love the Eastern flavor you have going on

edit- i think you should try to move on from default faces though. I think you're capable of splicing in dfferent jaws and eyes to really make them more unique

Edited by Ghatsu!

damn, you're already improving greatly! love the Eastern flavor you have going on

edit- i think you should try to move on from default faces though. I think you're capable of splicing in dfferent jaws and eyes to really make them more unique

I did that a little bit with some of the ones in the third set. The most recent set I think I went a but further, particularly on the first and third mug. The first one just happens to have a more recognizable hairstyle (Fiora).

But I really like Firoa's hair so whoops lmao

First and foremost, your color pairings and groupings are on point! Every palette is dynamic and interesting!

But, some of your shading and shading colors are a bit off,

I'll elaborate in the image below

BL5PMe6.png

WOW I really love this big kinda graph to help me! I never really considered her to have this many issues, I guess I was hoping the blonde girl's wonk eyes would distract from anything bad lmao XD

I actually took your advice and I tried to fix her up, and I think I got alot of the shading on the skin down, and I think her ear and jaw are good now. I'm not sure if I fixed the colors of her top and hair enough but hopefully it's good now?

WOW I really love this big kinda graph to help me! I never really considered her to have this many issues, I guess I was hoping the blonde girl's wonk eyes would distract from anything bad lmao XD

I actually took your advice and I tried to fix her up, and I think I got alot of the shading on the skin down, and I think her ear and jaw are good now. I'm not sure if I fixed the colors of her top and hair enough but hopefully it's good now?

Cool! Nice adjustment on the jawline

You actually didn't have to change her hair color, I didn't explain this well enough, but individually, both her hair palette and her blue shirt palette are fine.

Its just when placed side by side your color choice for shading is inconsistent. Like compare the color shading choices in FE7 versus those in FE8 to catch my drift.

Also you get this

(Oh and I say take not in one spot instead of take note)

d7ygX8O.png

thank you for all the feedback. I'm trying really hard to make them look as best as they can be, but I also want them to remain true to the style of the gba games, so I hope it reads when you see it.

• 2 weeks later...

MHcmEF6.png

I made demoted class sprites of the Bern generals

It's for a more personal project I had in mind. Basically I just tried to make them not as flashy as they were and make them look more like tier 1 units.

Also nothing was done to Gwen. Just ignore her srz.

It's nice stuff you have there!

But I think that demoting characters also means physical changes on their face. (and body but that doesn't matter here)

Generally, only when you factor in the passing of time, unless face changes aren't necessary.

Hi! I love your work, these look really professional. By any chance would you take requests for a ROM hack I'm working on? I am terrible at art and I need some art done for a it and was wondering whether you would help. If you do, I'll make sure to credit you.

Edited by Morva