Piercing frame keeps losing colours! Problem with usenti.

firenoob

I'm frustrated. Whatever I do, the piercing frame of my animation keeps getting its palette screwed up hard; it loses 4 colors whenever I reopen, revert or requantize the colors. When I try to change the palette back to what it should be, even more colors disappear. I tried to restart the entire frame from scratch but the same just kept happening.

The palette's 16 colors including the background and the file's dimensions are 488x160 which is standard.

This is what the palette should be.

palette.png

This is what the frame should look like.

a9p.png

And this is what the damn thing ends up like.

issue.gif

It seems that some of the colors in the palette aren't used (used in other frames) or are scarcely used, but the palette still works fine on normal 240x160 frames. Am I missing something? From my experience, piercing animations end up fine after a few tweaks. This, however keeps persisting...

Edited by Ghatsu!

I recommend changing your background color to something very different. Since you use a lot of light colors here, can I recommend a dark purple (11,0,11 for the default 32-rgb of usenti)?

This fixed it for me.

Unfortunately this does mean going back over every frame you've already saved and changing the background color (I recommend using paint instead of usenti (88,0,88 is the 256-rgb color) just to make certain it doesn't mess up), but this has been a very reliable fix for this exact issue which I too have had issues with in the past.

is it actually losing any colors though? just by glancing at the palette pixels in the top right, it looks like there are still 16 colors there (granted, I don't know if they're distinct).

what type of image is it? if it's BMP it could be some dumbness with what bit depth you have it set to

is it actually losing any colors though? just by glancing at the palette pixels in the top right, it looks like there are still 16 colors there (granted, I don't know if they're distinct).

Yes, it seems as though it lost colors. If you zoom in a bit, you'll notice some of the colors are gone.

Thanks guys for your quick responses. I'll try this out. I'm fine changing the background colors since I've gone through a lot of this in the past.

Update: Figures, it worked. Thanks a bunch! Didn't expect the issue to be so simple, even with slight suspicions with the colors.

Edited by firenoob

Thanks. It's for a random class I'm working on. I haven't come up with a name but it's probably something knightly. I'm quite new to spriting so it's a bit choppy especially at the return part. Yep, finished changing the background color. Thanks guys for once more.

I'll share more in the FEditor.adv animations thread.

1337%2Bsoldier.gif