What Fire Emblem game has your favorite soundtrack?

Nobody

What Fire Emblem game has you favorite Soundtrack?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite OST in the series

• Dark Dragon and Sword of Light
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword/Rekka no Ken/7
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~
    • Awakening

FE4 has such a nice OST, all the various different chapter themes, the various different enemy phase themes. It all gives each chapter its own unique feel and that rendition of the FE main theme.. omg.

My favorite soundtrack is New Mystery's, with my favorite tracks being Liberation, One Who Carves a new History and Endless Battle

Yes, yes, and yes! Tearing Shadows and Dark Emperor Hardin are also fantastic. FE12 has some amazing tunes.

My favorite soundrack is FE12, but FE11 comes to a close second.

Edited by Gradivus.

I initially ticked FE10, but the answer is probably FE3 - especially if I discount Book 1. I don't have any song I dislike from Book 2 and many of them ('Beyond the Silence' is a notable example) just sound way superior in comparison to their FE12 renditions, in my ears.

It's really tough to settle on just one, though.

Edited by Topazd

Both PoR and RD, no contest! The music in them is actually orchestrated and so beautiful! Well, mostly. There is one song from PoR I really don't like at all, but besides that, no music in either game is bad at all!

I love some of PoR's tunes, especially after Ike promotes. The Enemy Draws Near, Decisive Attack, Plight!, Power-hungry Fool, and others that I can't remember right now, had a big impact on me while I was playing.

FE4 has pretty good tracks as well, but the SNES quality hinders them. I wish they were remasterized at some point.

But I think the winner is Radiant Dawn. Its ost is overall the best in the series, competing with PoR and FE4, and it has the highest amount of tracks that I like.

They're all really good. FE4 has amazing map and boss music (especially Alvis.) FE5 has pretty good map themes (victory is near and Leaf come to mind). GBA ones were meh except for things like Fire dragon's theme and Tough bosses. PoR and RD tracks were pretty damn good (RD better for sure.) I don't like FE11's that much, but FE12 had some pretty great ones (DARK EMPEROR HARDIN). Overall, based on my tastes, I have to give the title of favorite to...RD. The Devoted and March of the Lion King are just too good. Second is FE4.

Ugh, it was a hard decision. All of the post-NES Fire Emblem games have good songs, but as an entire soundtrack? It'll have to go to FE4. Each map had a unique theme, which I think is really special. Plus, it has the best normal battle theme, in my opinion.

I wish FE5 took a page from FE4 with it's soundtrack.

I don't like most of FE5's songs, despite it being my favorite FE as of now.

Although, I think FE5's 'Glorious Song' > 'Light and Dark" from FE4. It has a great build-up.

Radiant Dawn

Path of Radiance has the better Event themes, but Radiant Dawn wins everything else: Map themes, battle themes, character leitmotifs. I mean, PoR didn't even have a dedicated final chapter theme.

Radiant Darn also did things like having a different base theme in order to underline the "peace" of part 4 or having a different battle preparation theme for conclusive battles. When it comes to music, they really thought about everything.

Edited by BrightBow

Both PoR and RD, no contest! The music in them is actually orchestrated and so beautiful! Well, mostly. There is one song from PoR I really don't like at all, but besides that, no music in either game is bad at all!

Uh, no. Neither game features an actual orchestra, they just uses sound libraries like lots of other GCN games.

As for the best game, I would give it to FE3. That's the game where the music really came into its own for the series, and really says FIRE EMBLEM.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, no. Neither game features an actual orchestra, they just uses sound libraries like lots of other GCN games.

As for the best game, I would give it to FE3. That's the game where the music really came into its own for the series, and really says FIRE EMBLEM.

The Tellius games are indeed orchestrated (written as to be performed by an orchestra), they're just not actually performed by an orchestra and instead by samples. None of the games in the series so far use actual orchestras, though they do occasionally incorporate live performers into the mixing.

As for my favorite soundtrack...anything other than FE6, FE8, and FE14. FE6 has dreadful MIDI quality which unfortunately hampers its pleasantness to the ears, and FE8 and FE14 have too much new blood composing. The result is awful orchestration and melodic composition.

FE4 has an amazing OST, every chapter theme is not only catchy, but also is appropriate for the chapter in question (Listening to the theme for "Dance in the Skies" right now.....it's a beautiful theme that wouldn't fit anywhere else). Not to mention that even the regular battle theme gets stuck in my head constantly.

The Tellius games are indeed orchestrated (written as to be performed by an orchestra), they're just not actually performed by an orchestra and instead by samples. None of the games in the series so far use actual orchestras, though they do occasionally incorporate live performers into the mixing.

Sauce? The tracks possibly were produced using some digital music composition software, I think.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Sauce? The tracks possibly were produced using some digital music composition software, I think.

If it sounds like it could be performed by a live orchestra if you notated it on sheet music, then it's probably orchestrated.

Every game in the series uses digital composition software. None of them have used truly convincing samples so far other than the exception of Awakening, which muddles it with live soloists on occasion. As for the Tellius games and Fates, I shouldn't have to elaborate on vocal soloists and how they're not digital samples... But Fates' shoddy orchestration and mixing makes it clear that it's unbelievably fake.